PDA

View Full Version : Call Ron Paul on the Mike Gallagher show 8:30 AM ET

Thomas_Paine
07-19-2007, 12:59 AM
Today, Thursday July 19th 8:30 AM CALL IN

"A veteran in talk radio, Gallagher is the 8th most recognized talk radio personality in the country (The Benchmark Company), is heard by over 2.25 million listeners weekly (Talkers magazine) and was named one of the 100 most influential talk hosts in America by Talkers magazine for the ninth consecutive year."

Sounds like a great shot at helping Dr. Paul, what do you think?

akalucas
07-19-2007, 06:14 AM
This should be interesting, cant wait. On in about 15 minutes. Anybody have a stream link?

akalucas
07-19-2007, 06:17 AM
Stream Link: http://ksky.townhall.com/

jason43
07-19-2007, 06:18 AM
http://ksky.townhall.com/

Streaming audio from here... and it works on my PC.

akalucas
07-19-2007, 06:20 AM
http://ksky.townhall.com/

Streaming audio from here... and it works on my PC.

Thanks. This is Pauls chance to take a strong stance on immigration.

MozoVote
07-19-2007, 06:21 AM
Oooo... Dallas Traffic reports... just what I need to be listening to right now. :rolleyes: Sounded like he would be building up for RP though

IRO-bot
07-19-2007, 06:37 AM
Wooh Ron Paul is on!!!!

MozoVote
07-19-2007, 06:38 AM
Gag. Thanks for the initial "fair" questions.

Getting a little better later in the interview though.

LibertyEagle
07-19-2007, 06:42 AM
Shut up, Mike. Geez... he keeps stressing the deal about Dr. Paul being a kook. What a passive agressive jerk.

Realistic possiblity that he "run as President'? HE IS, YOU JERK.

angelatc
07-19-2007, 06:51 AM
I missed the beginning. It's very sloooow to get on, so I hope that means a lot of people are listening. I also hope ronpaulaudio.com captured it!

akalucas
07-19-2007, 06:56 AM
Im glad Gallagher gave Paul a chance to make it real clear that that he does not believe in the conspiracy theories of 911 but that he believe that it was bureaucracy that inhibited intelligence from getting to the right place in order to thwart the attack.

LibertyEagle
07-19-2007, 06:56 AM
He's still talking about Ron Paul. And the 9-11 Truthers. Oh crap. Dr. Paul isn't on, but he's saying that a lot of his support comes from the 911 truthers.

Gallagher is an ass.

Since he couldn't get Dr. Paul to say it, he wanted to make darn sure that his listeners were left with the idea that Dr. Paul was associated with the 911 conspiracy theorists.

jason43
07-19-2007, 06:59 AM
Eh, it was an alright interview... afterwards, he said that he was disappointed when people demonized Ron and others. Overall, a good interview I think. Plus any exposure is good exposure.

LibertyEagle
07-19-2007, 07:00 AM
He wasn't disappointed in CRAP. He was just being passive-aggressive. He used that as an excuse to further marginalize Dr. Paul. Did you miss all the talk of the 911 truthers after Dr. Paul was gone?

angelatc
07-19-2007, 07:10 AM
I heard it. It took me this long to repsond because I was typing an email. It's on his website, and he says that he will read emails that aren't mean, profane, or too long.

(I didn't call him a doughy looking freak for that very reason. Bahhhh - i'm a bear before my morning coffee.)

jason43
07-19-2007, 07:10 AM
Yep he said that RP was not a part of the 'truth' movement, also, Ron's statements on the show completely made it clear that it was not his position.

LibertyBelle
07-19-2007, 07:11 AM
Great answer to the socialized medicine question :) , he was right on the mark and Medifailure is a great way to introduce discussion on this issue with anyone who is looking for the gov't to manage our health. He once again solidified his stance that he does not believe 9/11 involved a gov't conspiracy, but gov't ineptness and not taking warnings seriously. He stated that people have twisted his words on this issue including some of his followers, and that 9/11 was used as an opportunity to go to war. Wow, only one call in taken.

Gallagher was a jerk, consistently at the beginning trying to paint him as a nut, then calling him a long shot. However, RP was able to solidify his stance on 9/11 well and discuss his view of foreign policy. :cool:

rpliving
07-19-2007, 07:21 AM
anyone got the audio?

LibertyEagle
07-19-2007, 07:26 AM
Yep he said that RP was not a part of the 'truth' movement, also, Ron's statements on the show completely made it clear that it was not his position.

Yes, but maybe you missed what Gallagher said, AFTER PAUL WAS GONE. He kept repeating that people shouldn't be so hard on Dr. Paul, but he got the point across that he was trying to make for his audience that a lot of Dr. Paul's support came from the 911 truthers. He went on to tie that to what Dr. Paul said about 911 in the 2nd debate. He was attempting to paint an incorrect, but lasting vision in the minds of the listeners.

Gallagher is an ASS.

R_Harris
07-19-2007, 07:33 AM
Gallagher is a hard core neocon - are you really surprised by this?

That is what I said in my post yesterday - I was surprised that Ron agreed to be on his show. Since Gallagher is more hard core than Hannity, I would have expected as much from him. I really don't know of anyone from Townhall.com that does not hate Ron.

But perhaps Ron is feeling that he has got to try and reach out to these people and at least try to get a fair hearing. But this will no doubt be very rough sledding.

angelatc
07-19-2007, 07:43 AM
Liberty Eagle, I take some solace in knowing that when Ron spoke against Giuliani, I heard loud and clear him through the static, and I also realized that he was the only one who actually made sense.

We can only presume that there are other people listening who might have had the same epiphany when Ron spoke today.

LibertyEagle
07-19-2007, 07:54 AM
Yeah, you're right. Nothing we can do about it anyway.

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-19-2007, 08:13 AM
Completely missed it. Anyone have the audio?

Even if the host wasn't fair, anytime RP gets his voice out there, it is a positive for the campaign.

remaxjon
07-19-2007, 09:05 AM
bump

anyone got audio yet

goldenequity
07-19-2007, 09:49 AM
Audio Posted: Ron Paul Mike Gallagher interview 071907

HERE (http://www.ronpaulaudio.com/index.html#new)

Comment: Gallagher, after listening to his one-sided Neo-Con Diatribes preceeding this interview, and interrupting and bull-dozing callers with any OTHER views other than his own, reminds me of Hannity or Guiliani or any of them (or worse).

I have NO respect for this man, and the fact that he was "gentle" with Ron Paul absolutely confirms how 2 faced he is. He is bought and paid for.

I do not trust his motives.....but I can't figure out what they are....anybody?

randy

goldenequity
07-19-2007, 10:23 AM
bump

goldenequity
07-19-2007, 12:17 PM
I guess this is kind of rhetorical since I posed the motives question :rolleyes: but,

after listening to the Gallagher interview again,

I think first:
Gallagher's pre-interview intent was to emphasize Ron's position on 911 and try and MARGINALIZE (split) his unified support base (which INCLUDES many "truthers"---like myself:cool: ) Sorry Mike....THAT'S not going to work!!!

next:
He wanted to spin Ron's anti-war position as "defeatest" and cast him as one not concerned about

QUOTE: "the appearance to everyone 'that they've beaten us'"

Gallagher's big on shaming his callers with "you don't care that it comes off looking like they've beaten us" and "do you actually think that if they COULD nuke us....they wouldn't?....it doesn't matter that they can't deliver a nuke....they WOULD if they COULD....you don't CARE about that?"

His basic spin is you're a fool or a coward if you disagree w/ him..... then he snuggles up to Ron.

UGH!:mad: :mad: :eek:

JPFromTally
07-19-2007, 01:56 PM
Mike thinks he's cute by trying to politely entrap RP into being a "conspiracy theorist."

bobmurph
07-19-2007, 06:48 PM
I wish Ron had been more adamant that he does NOT believe in a 911 conspiracy. He should have called Gallagher out. Totally passive-aggressive by Gallagher. The whole interview was a sham to link RP's name to conspiracy theory.

I think Ron Paul needs to start getting an attitude. He's so soft spoken, he needs to be more "in your face" sometimes. I know he's got it in him...just watch the video of the 1980's talk show where he calls the audience member fat...where's THAT Ron Paul? That's the guy who needs to shut these turds down and stop letting them marginalize him!

ButchHowdy
07-19-2007, 06:53 PM
I thought the interview was great - Thanks!

quickmike
07-19-2007, 07:45 PM
I wish Ron had been more adamant that he does NOT believe in a 911 conspiracy. He should have called Gallagher out. Totally passive-aggressive by Gallagher. The whole interview was a sham to link RP's name to conspiracy theory.

I think Ron Paul needs to start getting an attitude. He's so soft spoken, he needs to be more "in your face" sometimes. I know he's got it in him...just watch the video of the 1980's talk show where he calls the audience member fat...where's THAT Ron Paul? That's the guy who needs to shut these turds down and stop letting them marginalize him!

Yeah, thats just what they would like. Then they could label him a crank that flies off the handle. They would paint him unstabe like John McCain. I agree he should have made it more clear though.

goldenequity
07-19-2007, 09:24 PM

Make no mistake he is still a powerhouse.
If you haven't already listened to this interview....I think it's Ron Paul on STEROIDS
Absolutely one of my favorite interviews so far.

HERE (http://www.ronpaulaudio.com/index.html#new)
July 13th interview with the San Francisco Chronicle.

Interviewers microphones were way too low...but Ron comes through LOUD AND CLEAR!!!

ThePieSwindler
07-19-2007, 09:45 PM
Wow when gallagher said "well wouldn't coming home mean that we've conceded defeat the them" i lost it. What a hardheaded asshat.