PDA

View Full Version : This may be too Late - USB Keys?

slamhead
01-06-2008, 06:03 PM
Been thinking. My mindset is such that what sells Dr. Paul are the videos and material we all see here. But how do you get this information in the hands of people who are not looking for it?

We have CD's, printed material and such. But for all we know people throw it away. Now if we gave them something that was tangible that they want to keep and use then a USB Key drive would be the solution.

I envision a USB Key preloaded to run a presentation introducing Ron Paul...his voting record, past speeches, interviews etc. The best material we can find. People would have to watch this material before they can use the key for themselves.

Think about USB Keys branded with the logo of the revolution or of the Campaign.
Obviously this cost would probably have to be covered by the campaign.

May be too late but look here:
http://www.usbshop.com/usbflashdrives.html

AdoubleR
01-06-2008, 06:06 PM
Good idea!

GoRon2008
01-06-2008, 06:07 PM
well, they would have to use a computer. It would be easier for them to just to to ronpaultv.com or something.

Dvd's are good cause they can stick them in the old tube.

Plus, most older people don't know how to use a usb.

points for creativity but I don't think it would be very effective.

Johncjackson
01-06-2008, 06:26 PM
I was thinking the same thing earlier. If it werent so costly I would give away portable DVD players or something with RP videos loaded...

slamhead
01-06-2008, 09:14 PM
well, they would have to use a computer. It would be easier for them to just to to ronpaultv.com or something.

Dvd's are good cause they can stick them in the old tube.

Plus, most older people don't know how to use a usb.

points for creativity but I don't think it would be very effective.

Yes but the point is the USB key is like a gift they can use after they view the material. You give them a DVD and they put it on their desk or trash it and never learn about him. Obviously there would be people without computers but those are few and far between in my state.

krott5333
01-06-2008, 09:20 PM
we could probably get a bulk supply of 128mb flash drives..

and then just include an autorun script on the drive with some type of video presentation..

RobS
01-06-2008, 09:21 PM
I really like this idea..

newmedia4ron
01-06-2008, 09:22 PM
DVDs are better, people want use their tv not computer

ronpauldvd.com

slamhead
01-06-2008, 09:27 PM
DVDs are better, people want use their tv not computer

ronpauldvd.com
Yes DVDs are good but it takes action with no materialistic rewards.

Probably too late anyway...to get something going...perhaps next time.

Nathan Hale
01-06-2008, 10:37 PM
The cost/benefit of this just doesn't add up. The cheapest USB drives, plus the effort required to program them, makes for a lot of cost per "hit". Using your money to buy 10,000 Ron Paul business cards and dropping the cards all over town gets more hits than 50-100 USB drives. Stick with the low-tech stuff if you're looking to do guerrilla marketing.

Been thinking. My mindset is such that what sells Dr. Paul are the videos and material we all see here. But how do you get this information in the hands of people who are not looking for it?

We have CD's, printed material and such. But for all we know people throw it away. Now if we gave them something that was tangible that they want to keep and use then a USB Key drive would be the solution.

I envision a USB Key preloaded to run a presentation introducing Ron Paul...his voting record, past speeches, interviews etc. The best material we can find. People would have to watch this material before they can use the key for themselves.

Think about USB Keys branded with the logo of the revolution or of the Campaign.
Obviously this cost would probably have to be covered by the campaign.

May be too late but look here:
http://www.usbshop.com/usbflashdrives.html

Brad324
01-06-2008, 10:40 PM
load them with a virus that forces them to pass a 100 question quiz on the constitution before being allowed to use their computer again.