PDA

View Full Version : Failure Is Not An Option - (my blog post)

WhiteWhaleHolyGrail
07-19-2007, 12:18 AM
Trying to help spread the word that many of our Presidential candidates failed on public record when given the test - go to war with Iraq or not. Those candidates who voted for the war should be disqualified. If you like the blog please digg it - I am curious how high it will go (if I can get to 5 I would be thrilled :D )

http://www.50strong.blogspot.com/

Failure Is Not An Option

In November of 2008, the United States of America will choose its next leader. That leader will be counted on to make tough decisions that will shape the future of the world. Perhaps one of the toughest decisions of our young century was the decision to go to war against Iraq. Many of the 2008 Presidential candidates went on public record regarding this decision. It is up to the people to decide if these candidates passed the test or if they failed. Failure must disqualify a candidate as a Presidential option.

H.J.RES.114, October, 2002 - To authorize the use of United States Armed Forces against Iraq:

Voted for:

Joe Biden
Sam Brownback
Hillary Clinton
Christopher Dodd
John Edwards
Duncan Hunter
John McCain
Tom Tancredo
Fred Thompson

Voted against:

Dennis Kucinich
Ron Paul

Cindy
07-19-2007, 01:12 AM
You left out Obama.

I would also ad something about a great leader naturally having the ability to forsight.

MikeStanart
07-19-2007, 01:31 AM
You left out Obama.

I would also ad something about a great leader naturally having the ability to forsight.

I was thinking the same thing, and just researched it.

Obama entered office in 2005, so he would not have been able to vote regarding the initial Iraq decision.

WhiteWhaleHolyGrail
07-19-2007, 01:33 AM
You left out Obama.

Thanks for the comment :) I just thought I'd leave the list up to the members of the federal government who voted on public record, but yeah Obama was pretty vocal about the war in 2002.