PDA

View Full Version : fourth and fifth debates look good for us

Phil M
05-21-2007, 03:12 PM
I was reading on Wikipedia here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republican_Presidential_Debates%2C_2008

When I saw that the fourth and fifth debates should be in our favor. Though for the time being Ron is getting into debates, there is all this talk about cutting down the field. Now, I am optimistic that by the time September rolls around Paul will have broken free from the rest of the second-tier candidates, but his grass/netroots support may still not register in polls. Anyway, the fourth debate is being hosted by PBS. Say what you will about government-funded media, but PBS is generally pretty intellectual, and will probably invite Ron unless the other candidates pressure them a lot (and it will be our job to pressure them the other way). The fifth debate is in New Hampshire, where Ron is gaining traction already.

Scribbler de Stebbing
05-21-2007, 03:53 PM
I'm planning to attend the January 5 debate in Iowa. Calling all Minnesotans: Who's with me?

ronpaulitician
05-21-2007, 04:04 PM
Does anyone know where the California debate will be on in Jan '08? I'd love to be able to go to that one, coming full circle with having discovered Ron Paul when watching the first debate in Simi Valley, California.

NMCB3
05-21-2007, 04:06 PM
Its way too early to start thinning out the herd. All that will do is punish the candidates(and ultimately the people) who have grassroots campaigns, such as RP. And reward the candidates bought and paid for by special interest groups.(the "top three"). This is not good for the process of Representative government. Though I think thats the idea behind it.

Bossobass
05-21-2007, 06:21 PM
I'm planning to attend the January 5 debate in Iowa. Calling all Minnesotans: Who's with me?

You go, girl! That's what I'm talkin' about.

We're going to be there for sure, heading out from Charlotte, NC. I'll be looking for you in the crowd. Keep us posted on your trip, if anyone plans to go with you, etc.

So far, we have a party of 5, and we're working on growing that number. If we get there to a huge crowd of RP supporters, it will be one of my goals in life checked off the list.

Thanks for letting us know!;)

Bosso