PDA

View Full Version : ID'ing Paul voters

theodorelogan
01-06-2008, 05:38 PM
Ok so I have been walking my precinct for the last couple of weeks. In the training videos, it is repeatedly stressed that the #1 priority is IDing people who are voting for Paul.

So far, in my walks, I have ID'ed ONE Paul voter. I don't view this as a problem...because most people don't know anything about th candidates, and hardly know there is an election coming up (I live in California). I have had a lot of good conversations with people.

My question is...should I go back to the people I have talked to (but have not indicated who they will vote for) and try to convince them?

The other thing is that in the info the campaign gives on the precinct list, t says FIRST you should just drop off slim jims....then go back later and try to ID or convert voters. I'm planning on doing this on my next precinct. Is this a better way?

I guess my main question is...what do I do once I ID voters as undecided? How do I follow up on that?

Trassin
01-06-2008, 08:11 PM
Ok so I have been walking my precinct for the last couple of weeks. In the training videos, it is repeatedly stressed that the #1 priority is IDing people who are voting for Paul.

So far, in my walks, I have ID'ed ONE Paul voter. I don't view this as a problem...because most people don't know anything about th candidates, and hardly know there is an election coming up (I live in California). I have had a lot of good conversations with people.

My question is...should I go back to the people I have talked to (but have not indicated who they will vote for) and try to convince them?

The other thing is that in the info the campaign gives on the precinct list, t says FIRST you should just drop off slim jims....then go back later and try to ID or convert voters. I'm planning on doing this on my next precinct. Is this a better way?

I guess my main question is...what do I do once I ID voters as undecided? How do I follow up on that?

The training video actually addresses this. It is either at the end of the first video or during the second video.

Essentially you should be keeping track of both supporters and undecideds right now. That way you can get campaign materials to the undecideds between now and the election.

Also, I would expect that the campaign will look at our updated precinct lists online and send mailers out to the undecided voters that we have identified.