PDA

View Full Version : Editorial Cartoon Idea Ron Paul is the New Rosa Parks No Room on the Fox Bus

SigmaChiGuy
01-06-2008, 05:24 PM
Hey I got a request for an editorial cartoon.
Fox News Bus "New Hampshire FOX Republican Forum" on the side.
Ron Paul outside next to the buswith Rosa Parks talking
caricatures of both of them (with a box with their names below on them)
Ron speech bubble: "Looks like they have no room for me in there"
Rosa speech bubble "At least they let me on the bus"
Also have some other great people in line like Ghandi, etc. waiting in line to get on the bus :)

How awesome a drawing that would make :)
Anyone have drawing skills of editorial cartoon emails for news media?
Contact any of the major newspapers cartoon artists it would
be awesome to go with the Fox Bans Ron Paul articles they publish.
Lets throw that into Fox's face.
Thanks, TJ.
Please help I think this would be so cool!

Dutch
01-06-2008, 05:33 PM
Great premise. Should be an ass-kicking cartoon!

Dutch

MCockerill08
01-06-2008, 05:41 PM
Awesome idea.
But I'm a terrible artist, so I couldn't assist.
Yet this is still a great idea. We should all rate it highly and if ever the concept ever came to fruition, we should all send it into various newspapers.

rs3515
01-06-2008, 05:57 PM
Eh, as a native Detroiter and someone who clearly understands the civil rights movement, I'm not so crazy about it. Equating what Ron Paul is going through to what Black Southerners had to deal with during the 1950s and 1960s is not even in the same ballpark. Just my personal opinion.

kutibah
01-06-2008, 05:59 PM
Great idea! I also am not a good artist however.

MCockerill08
01-06-2008, 05:59 PM
Eh, as a native Detroiter and someone who clearly understands the civil rights movement, I'm not so crazy about it. Equating what Ron Paul is going through to what Black Southerners had to deal with during the 1950s and 1960s is not even in the same ballpark. Just my personal opinion.

I don't think that's the point.
The original poster was not trying to compare the suffering of RP and Rosa Parks. Rather, he was expressing the similarities in the two situations. I.E. the-powers-to-be trying to quell patriotic, pro-liberty Americans (Ron Paul and Rosa Parks) into submission, either by forcing them out of the bus, or making them sit in the back of the bus.
It's a clever allusion.

rs3515
01-06-2008, 06:01 PM
I don't think that's the point.

I'm not saying it is the point ... I'm saying that is the immediate connection I made. Not everyone will make that connection, but many will. As I said, just my personal opinion.

MCockerill08
01-06-2008, 06:04 PM
I'm not saying it is the point ... I'm saying that is the immediate connection I made. Not everyone will make that connection, but many will. As I said, just my personal opinion.

Yeah I'm not criticizing you man. I was just pointing out my opinion.

Perry
01-06-2008, 06:15 PM
cademan does cartoons.

RonPaulFTFW
01-06-2008, 08:55 PM
sounds rad.

wish i could draw.

paulette
01-06-2008, 09:05 PM
Excellent!

reillym
01-06-2008, 11:51 PM
I got bored...not too great but made me laugh. :)

http://nefex.net/theShortBus.png

Hangly Man
01-06-2008, 11:56 PM
I'm a pretty decent artist, but I don't have my drawin' computer with me. In a couple weeks or so I plan on cranking out a lot of cartoons.

TN_VOL
01-06-2008, 11:57 PM
Too funny, oh how I dislike Chris Wallace.