PDA

View Full Version : A Grassroots Anti-War Ad?

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-06-2008, 04:16 PM
It baffles me that the campaign has not put out any antiwar ad. What about a grassroots effort to fund and produce one ad dealing with this issue?

My suggestion would be a 60-second TV spot featuring former CIA Bin Laden chief Michael Scheuer talking straight to camera, explaining how Rudy and McCain are clueless, how to really win the war on terror, and endorsing Ron. We could also cut a 30-second spot. You could not ask for a better endorsement than that!

A commercial like this would not be expensive to produce. Most of the cost would be in running it.

Thoughts?

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/5409/michaelscheuerronln8.jpg

Indy Vidual
01-06-2008, 04:20 PM
Bump

Why don't we have a pro-peace ad??

bgoldwater
01-06-2008, 04:21 PM
Yea, I was shocked that there were no anti-war ads especially when %48 of Iowa republicans wanted us out of Iraq in 6 months

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-06-2008, 04:23 PM
Yea, I was shocked that there were no anti-war ads especially when %48 of Iowa republicans wanted us out of Iraq in 6 months

And Iowa is a pro-war state! :eek:

AtomiC
01-06-2008, 04:25 PM
Yes this would be a great ad if you could actually get Michael Scheuer to agree to this.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-06-2008, 04:26 PM
Yes this would be a great ad if you could actually get Michael Scheuer to agree to this.

I think he would do it.

I will email him and ask him.

slamhead
01-06-2008, 04:32 PM
Depends on how it is done. Has to be done in a subtle way were the person who is holding onto the war takes ownership of his own ideas and realizes he was sold a load of crap...let them consider themselves a true conservative by selling the non-intervention policy. Cannot be in the form of "Bush lied"..."War Criminals" because in essence if they supported going to war they will take this as an attack on them. Have to let them know it was not their fault, the American people, but an agenda of a few elite.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-06-2008, 04:35 PM
Scheuer is a self-described lifelong "Reagan Republican" BTW.