PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Banners won't work

Mani
07-18-2007, 10:40 PM
We are planning an Ron Paul overnight but the highways we want to target have very few overpasses so we need a different kind of sign.

We need something sturdy that can be attached to a lamp post and big enough to be seen on the highway.

Any suggestions?

Oddball
07-18-2007, 10:54 PM
Picket signs on the "on" side of congested on/off ramps??

Razmear
07-18-2007, 11:09 PM
Overpasses really don't offer the best visibility, unless traffic is moving really slow.
If there is chain link fence on the side of the highway, try attaching to that.

hth,
eb

Oddball
07-18-2007, 11:12 PM
No, not on the overpass.

A picket sign on the last sliver of dirt on the entry ramp, where the entering traffic merges. Then, the people merging to exit on the upcoming ramp will see it too.

Mani
07-19-2007, 08:04 AM
No, not on the overpass.

A picket sign on the last sliver of dirt on the entry ramp, where the entering traffic merges. Then, the people merging to exit on the upcoming ramp will see it too.

I'm going to try and hit the ramps, but I wanted something on the highway as well so the main traffic will see it.

Terribliz
07-20-2007, 01:05 AM
I put a few cardboard signs up on light posts with tape. They hold up pretty good till it rains...

if you wanna go the cheap way, here's how:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=YsqVAjIVXig

constituent
07-20-2007, 12:19 PM
some folks are being charged w/ criminal mischief for doing something similar in Illinois I believe... I'll look for the link to the story...

soo...

be careful, wear a set of dark clothes over another set of light clothes for changing "on the go," a cloth hat, and your best running shoes w/ tape over the reflectors...

wee hours of the morning (about 3:45 - 5:30) are the best for this sorta thing, particularly sunday and monday mornings...

also, best not to incriminate oneself on the internet prior to, or after the commission of a crime (as it might be in your state or municipality).

please understand I am not trying to advocate breaking the law, nor encouraging you to flee the scene of a "crime" or "evading and resisting." we are each our own responsibility.