PDA

View Full Version : Romney's Nephew was just at my Door.

jd603
01-06-2008, 03:53 PM
I told him right away I'm for Ron Paul but engaged him in a little politics anyway.

I told him that the other candidates ignored the "core" problems in the country such as war-mongering foreign policy and the monetary system/economics and that Romney was no different. He said "yeah some people don't agree with the war but most agree we should stay there until we can clean it up".

I said "oh, even if we ignore the Iraq war, [he interrupts and says "right, which war"] why don't we pull out of some of the other countries we're needlessly in.."

Then he goes "you have a point there".

He tried to add family values into the discussion , which I am all for but it's side-tracking again, not a core problem!

I left with saying that if Romney was better on foreign policy and with economics then he might have had my vote.

I also did ask him if he's gotten anyone else that said they supported Ron Paul, he said no, but I question if he'd tell me even if he did. :)

..anyways just an update, and a Ron Paul supporter beat Romney's guy to my door by a day so they might be going off the same GOP list.

squirrelbrewer
01-06-2008, 03:58 PM
Thanks for the update.

StateofTrance
01-06-2008, 03:59 PM
Did any OLFDite gave you a visit today?

cien750hp
01-06-2008, 04:00 PM
you should have gone canvassing right then! just follow him. when he's walking up to a house sprint up to the door and start your pitch

LivingFree
01-06-2008, 04:02 PM
It's always Children, Religion, or Education, never CORE issues.

garrettwombat
i dont know what the hell is going on but when i went out to put ron paul signs today there was mitt romney signs EVERYWHERE.

i live in GA by the way... very strange

jd603
what does that mean?

Edit: oh, no, no op live free or die people

Did any OLFDite gave you a visit today?

Eponym_mi
01-06-2008, 04:05 PM
I assume you have an RP sign in your yard, so, Romney's nephew is either brave or stupid.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-06-2008, 04:54 PM
Lol you schooled him!

Mental Dribble
01-06-2008, 04:55 PM
Romeny seems like a good dad, just not a good president

Ara825
01-06-2008, 05:00 PM
I wish someone would pretend to be a Romney supporter when he shows up at the door. That someone could then question him about whether he runs up on many RP supporters. We could get some inside scoop that way. :)