PDA

View Full Version : Paul won support from liberal democrats on foreign policy

Ronnec
01-06-2008, 03:23 PM
Although the other republican presidential candidates went uninterrupted in their arrogant chiding of Ron Paul over foreign policy, he gained major points (and votes) in the eyes of the American public.

I am at a university right now, and the persons I talk to (from all demographics) supported Paul in this situation, and said that his stance to continually speak it has given them great respect for the man. Even I lost a little bit of hope watching the debate as they attempted to run over Ron, but we shouldn't really look at this in a vacuum. Potential voters (not to mention the intelligence community and world-at-large) agree with Paul, and his bold stance truly can win over votes.

Just sharing my experiences with those from other parties...

blakjak
01-06-2008, 03:50 PM
That's nice, but we can't win this nomination without core Republican votes. Independents and converted Democrats will not be enough.

Eponym_mi
01-06-2008, 04:03 PM
And that youth vote needs to turn out!! Make sure your friends vote!

Ronnec
01-06-2008, 05:41 PM
Believe it or not alot of the people here don't want to get caught up in a war (because we would be next on the chopping block). Throw in a sound fiscal platform and emphasis on civil liberties, and you just won a quarter of my POLS 101 lecture.