PDA

View Full Version : ***Ron Paul Ride to the Polls!***

rgampell
01-06-2008, 01:13 PM
Hey, Trevor's Liberty Advertising, can you do this?? Do anyone here want to?? Personally, I think it would be a much better payoff than the blimp, a better long-term business plan for Trevor, etc. ...

In keeping with the get-out-the-base idea --- and the fact that we seem to be able to raise money better than we can do anything else --- can we simply HIRE A BUNCH OF TAXIS in NH on Tuesday (how about 2,000 at $500 for the WHOLE DAY --- total $1M, raised NOW) that Ride to the Polls for Ron Paul? We don't need advertising signs, just a volunteer in each one --- a front-seat rider --- to drive around town (business districts, neighborhoods, wherever), holding out signs, honking occasionally, etc. Take people to the polls, wait, take them back, whatever works. Don't worry about fraud, even the occasional trip to the airport --- it's all COURTESY OF RON PAUL.

I think this not only get the base out, but it would create excitement, generate goodwill, and we just need A FEW PERCENTAGE POINTS TO REACH 3RD PLACE, which would give the campaign all the momentum it needs (really)!

Trevor has an established business now, and he could contact the major taxi companies, get a contract signed, raise the money from us on his website, all in time to do this (right? maybe?)

I would certainly donate $$$ for this. Anyone else??

bolidew
01-06-2008, 01:15 PM
This is a very good idea!

rgampell
01-06-2008, 01:48 PM
We need to move fast, if at all. For all you folks sick of moneybombs, how about this?

jake
01-06-2008, 01:56 PM
interesting idea but who would hop on a random taxi driving around?

rgampell
01-06-2008, 02:12 PM
Ride to the polls and back? From (let's say) work? Who wouldn't? It's sure a lot easier than getting your own car from the parking garage, etc.

Or do you mean, what volunteer would ride around? If that's your question, I'd say most of them would, if they knew than hundreds of other volunteers were doing the same.

rgampell
01-06-2008, 03:12 PM
OK, I'm willing to lose Karma points by bumping my own post, because I know the NH primary is make-or-break ...

Come on, people, elections are won on the ground!!

Not on C-SPAN.

Not on Glenn Beck.

Certainly not on YouTube.

Not even at the Townhall meeting.

ON THE GROUND!

I'll repeat what I said in a previous post: We failed to get 3rd in Iowa because WE DIDN'T GET OUT THE VOTE. PERIOD!!

We are a few % points from 3rd in NH, according to the polls. How do we make up those points, and gain ALL THE MOMENTUM WE NEED to move forward?? By getting out the vote!! That's all!

We don't need to convert McCain and Obama supporters TODAY! We can wait until Wednesday. Really and truly!

Personally, I think the taxi idea is something that only RP supporters could do. So why not? We have the infrastructure (Trevor's business), we have the rapid money-raising ability (the rest of us). Once again, we don't need ads on the taxis. We just hire ALL OF THEM for the day, and get them out to shuttle people to the polls and back. It doesn't matter if the service is abused. It's all COURTESY OF RON PAUL.

If you don't think it could work, SUGGEST SOMETHING ELSE. If you like it, let's rally around. But either way, we need to focus on the fact that elections are won ON THE GROUND.

On the ground!!

damon04
01-06-2008, 03:14 PM
Love it!

pcosmar
01-06-2008, 03:28 PM
Not a bad Idea.
You might want to check this thread .
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=78731

Beware of scammers.

rgampell
01-06-2008, 03:32 PM
So I'll be presumptuous and say the three of us would donate $100 each ... that's $300, maybe 1/2 a taxi for one day.

Can we do a bit better?

Would people here be happier with a pledge-bank sort of thing? Get up to $100K (say) before we pull the trigger? Again, with the support of Trevor's company, this thing could get done ASAP (IMO).

I'd like to hear from nay-sayers too. Too little time? (Not if we act now!) Too many independent taxi companies in NH cities? (Maybe, I don't know.) Trevor wouldn't be interested? (Another form of grassroots advertising helps his business plan, I would think.) Anything else?

Mental Dribble
01-07-2008, 11:07 AM
Bump

Make sure you carpool, offer rides, connect with people.

Call every supporter you know and ask if they voted, if not, ask why and help them overcome any obstacle.