PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Radio Ads Hit the Air in Alabama

Bradley in DC
01-06-2008, 12:59 PM
Ron Paul Radio Ads Hit the Air in Alabama

http://www.wallstreet-online.de/nachrichten/nachricht/2225366.html

Spirit of '76
01-06-2008, 01:07 PM
Nice! I think Ron's got a good chance in Alabama.

Are their delegates proportional, district-based, or winner-take all?

notcarljung
01-07-2008, 12:13 AM
Nice! I think Ron's got a good chance in Alabama.

Are their delegates proportional, district-based, or winner-take all?

Alabama is set up as:

-21 Congressional District Delegates - 3 per district - Winner take all if over 50% - Winner take two if less than 50% (ALL are Bound to Ron Paul as first choice)

-24 At large Delegates - Statewide - 20% need to win any delegates - 51% winner takes all - If no winner take all then its proportional (All are bound to Ron Paul as first choice)

-3 Super Delegates - Statewide - Unbound - AL GOP Chairman, National Committeeman and National Committee Woman

thanks to austin356 for posting that in a different thread.

Jobarra
01-07-2008, 12:58 AM
I can't say it enough. The campaign needs to concentrate on Mobile County, AL a little bit more than the rest of the state right now. We're voting on Jan 30th. The results aren't released until Feb 5th when the rest of the state votes, but if this race is as split as it's looking to be, you can bet they will be chomping at the bit to have exit pollsters here, especially since we only have 97 precincts in all of Mobile County. We're voting right after Florida. I'm thinking we will be a miniature Iowa of media frenzy.

Bacon
01-22-2008, 11:31 AM
I can't say it enough. The campaign needs to concentrate on Mobile County, AL a little bit more than the rest of the state right now. We're voting on Jan 30th. The results aren't released until Feb 5th when the rest of the state votes, but if this race is as split as it's looking to be, you can bet they will be chomping at the bit to have exit pollsters here, especially since we only have 97 precincts in all of Mobile County. We're voting right after Florida. I'm thinking we will be a miniature Iowa of media frenzy.

I'm from Mobile and every time I go back, I see more and more RP signs and stickers! I think we have a great chance of doing very well in Mobile and Alabama. I'll be coming down on the 30th to vote and bring in others to vote.

kesslma
01-22-2008, 11:34 AM
I'm from Birmingham, Alabama, and I will say there are RP signs everywhere throughout the state. I also heard one of the radio ads for the first time last Friday.... I think Alabama will have a very strong showing for Dr. Paul...

Lets keep our fingers crossed

Velastor2
01-22-2008, 12:37 PM
Maybe Alabama's motto will hold true as the "We Dare Defend our Rights State". This is a perfect motto for the revolution. Today I moved my voting from Washington County to Tuscaloosa so I could vote at school.