PDA

View Full Version : NH campaign should schedule more TownHall meetings for Ron Paul

tonyTheBest
01-06-2008, 12:36 PM
I don't know what they are doing. We only have one event in NH on 1/7 whereas Mccain has 7 events.

Can anybody let the campaign know about this and schedule more events?
This is a big state for us. We need to put all our resource into this state.

Anybody?

rooteroa
01-06-2008, 12:37 PM
the usual mismanagement

tonyTheBest
01-06-2008, 12:49 PM
bump

HazardPerry
01-06-2008, 12:49 PM
the usual mismanagement

Go out and get some canvassing done instead of sitting on the internet complaining about the national campaign. Just because they don't do exactly what you want doesn't mean that they are asleep at the wheel. If we lose, it is going to be because of people like you who would sooner complain than enact some change. Stop rolling around crying at the national campaign. They have never been the vanguard of our success. Now it seems like all anybody can do is point fingers and boo hoo over them. It is about YOU. It has always been about YOU.

Get some slim jims and GO

yongrel
01-06-2008, 12:52 PM
yes, townhall meetings would help A LOT!

itshappening
01-06-2008, 12:54 PM
they're sadly clueless

tonyTheBest
01-06-2008, 12:57 PM
Go out and get some canvassing done instead of sitting on the internet complaining about the national campaign. Just because they don't do exactly what you want doesn't mean that they are asleep at the wheel. If we lose, it is going to be because of people like you who would sooner complain than enact some change. Stop rolling around crying at the national campaign. They have never been the vanguard of our success. Now it seems like all anybody can do is point fingers and boo hoo over them. It is about YOU. It has always been about YOU.

Get some slim jims and GO

Going out and canvassing help a lot. But the campaign should show that they have the courage too.
We need to call them and tell them that.

walt
01-06-2008, 12:58 PM
at some point we have to blame Ron Paul himself for not firing these people.

literatim
01-06-2008, 01:00 PM
Going out and canvassing help a lot. But the campaign should show that they have the courage too.
We need to call them and tell them that.

You need to quit trying armchair micromanaging the campaign.

Dan Klaus
01-06-2008, 01:29 PM
I agree we need more appearances if possible....

me3
01-06-2008, 01:32 PM
at some point we have to blame Ron Paul himself for not firing these people.
C'mon Walt. Circle the wagons.

wfd40
01-06-2008, 02:00 PM
You need to quit trying armchair micromanaging the campaign.

hate to pile on.. but asking for more Town hall meetups isn't exactly "out there"... We all know Paul can sit and answer ANY QUESTION and not mince words because he knows his platform - the constitution!

So, with that in mind, the more Paul is able to discuss such publicly, the better right??

HQ not having Town Halls is bush-league... No amount of Canvassing can fix that.. People want to here it straight from the horses mouth so to speak.. not from some wide-eye-Paulite.

Right??

Babylon
01-06-2008, 02:21 PM
hate to pile on.. but asking for more Town hall meetups isn't exactly "out there"... We all know Paul can sit and answer ANY QUESTION and not mince words because he knows his platform - the constitution!

So, with that in mind, the more Paul is able to discuss such publicly, the better right??

HQ not having Town Halls is bush-league... No amount of Canvassing can fix that.. People want to here it straight from the horses mouth so to speak.. not from some wide-eye-Paulite.

Right??

Dude,
I don't think you realize how bad it is.
Check out: http://www.slate.com/features/mapthecandidates/

Ron Paul -- compared to the "REAL" candidates -- hasn't been active in New Hampshire at all.

A hastily thrown-together townhall meeting a day or two before the election won't cut it.

He could have had townhall meetings every other day in every city during the summer and fall in ALL the pre-Super Tuesday states.
The other candidates did this.

prlgrl
01-06-2008, 02:44 PM
He's going out to CA to be on Leno tomorrow.

Rede
01-06-2008, 03:42 PM
He's going out to CA to be on Leno tomorrow.

Thank you for showing the armchair campaigners that they don't know everything.

I have to admit, the attacks against the campaign are starting to annoy me. Give them some credit. Considering all the road-blocks that have and will continue to be in front of them (0% in the polls, no name recognition, no media coverage, etc) the honest to goodness truth is that even if he does what the polls say its an amazing accomplishment. Just consider for a moment where Ron Paul was 6 months ago.

Ron Paul has campaigned on a MESSAGE, not himself, and unlike other campaigns the ideas aren't going to end with the campaign. Let's be clear, running a campaign for a largely unknown candidate with very little media coverage that could bring together a grassroots like his campaign has is no small accomplishment. Win or lose the ideas won't die with the campaign and if we all do our part Paul's message will certainly outlive the 2008 campaign, Ron Paul, and all of us.

Barry Goldwater didn't have to win the Presidency in the 60's to spark a resurgence of small-government libertarian-minded politics and he didn't have a medium like the internet to help him. If the campaign doesn't succeed in nominating Ron Paul, its up to the grassroots to keep the message alive and be ready to take on the Democrats in four years.

If Ron Paul doesn't win, frankly, I don't see the Republicans having much of a chance. If thats the case, just imagine how ripe the nation will be for the message of small-government after four more years of rampant inflation, further entanglement overseas, and unchecked government spending under the Democrats. Lets be ready.

AAAAnnnyways, I'm done ranting.

wfd40
01-06-2008, 04:01 PM
Thank you for showing the armchair campaigners that they don't know everything.

I have to admit, the attacks against the campaign are starting to annoy me. Give them some credit. Considering all the road-blocks that have and will continue to be in front of them (0% in the polls, no name recognition, no media coverage, etc) the honest to goodness truth is that even if he does what the polls say its an amazing accomplishment. Just consider for a moment where Ron Paul was 6 months ago.

Ron Paul has campaigned on a MESSAGE, not himself, and unlike other campaigns the ideas aren't going to end with the campaign. Let's be clear, running a campaign for a largely unknown candidate with very little media coverage that could bring together a grassroots like his campaign has is no small accomplishment. Win or lose the ideas won't die with the campaign and if we all do our part Paul's message will certainly outlive the 2008 campaign, Ron Paul, and all of us.

Barry Goldwater didn't have to win the Presidency in the 60's to spark a resurgence of small-government libertarian-minded politics and he didn't have a medium like the internet to help him. If the campaign doesn't succeed in nominating Ron Paul, its up to the grassroots to keep the message alive and be ready to take on the Democrats in four years.

If Ron Paul doesn't win, frankly, I don't see the Republicans having much of a chance. If thats the case, just imagine how ripe the nation will be for the message of small-government after four more years of rampant inflation, further entanglement overseas, and unchecked government spending under the Democrats. Lets be ready.

AAAAnnnyways, I'm done ranting.

With all due respect... THE CAMPAIGN TO RESTORE THE REPUBLIC BEGINS AND ENDS WITH DR. PAUL

Good luck trying to find anyone who has his 30 year voting record.. his unending knowledge of free-market-economics, his total calm under immense pressure, his BACKSTORY, etc etc.

If dr. paul DOES NOT WIN, THIS MOVEMENT IS OVER. Period. So, when people bring up beefs with HQ not going all out.. I say, listen. This is a one in a lifetime chance man.

familydog
01-06-2008, 04:30 PM
Yep. More town hall meetings couldn't hurt. It's what the other frontrunners do.