PDA

View Full Version : The Need for Leadership from the Campaign

DeadheadForPaul
07-18-2007, 07:11 PM
Someone on here is connected to the campaign, so I hope they read this

I know that the campaign is just now starting to use the Q2 donations, new office, and growing popularity to their advantage, but I would like to see the campaign take the reigns here

Individuals and meetup groups have led the charge with billboards, radio ads, distribution of flyers, viral videos, calling Iowans, purchasing tickets for the Iowa straw poll, etc

BUT, we really organization from the top if we want to really win this thing. We need direction. I'm glad that Dr. Paul has been responsible with the money so far, but we donated that money so that he could spend it to win. Name recognition is the #1 thing holding us back, so I'd like to see radio, newspaper, and television ads. We also need to make sure that we have supporters going to the Iowa straw poll. I personally believe that it is out of stubbornness that the campaign will not "play the game" and buy tickets and bus people in. There are principles but there is also being practical. I hope the campaign guides us down the right way

Ron Paul 08!

BLS
07-18-2007, 07:17 PM
Personally, I believe the smart move is to sit on his $$ and spend as little as he can.

You can't argue with the fact that his supporters are doing almost everything minus radio interviews, etc. As long as they can continue to bring in people at an exponential rate, his best choice (IMO) is to sit on as much money as he can. For example, let's say he does just as well this quarter as his did last in fundraising. 400% increase of 600,000 = 2.4mill

400% of 2.4mill = 9,600,000

No longer could people accuse him of not being a legit candidate. If he has 10mill in the bank, we're golden.

buffalokid777
07-18-2007, 07:23 PM
Still most businesses spend 10-15% on advertising....

Let's say the campaign invests $240,000 in advertising in places where he would get a return on his investment through new donations and supporters, then it would be a fine investment.

There reaches a point of diminishing returns, like when you spend Rudy McRomney levels...

But id say $240,000 invested in Radio spots on talk radio were invested it might bring in an additional 1-2 million in donations from new donors and improve name recognition.

I think spending some on advertising would be worth it if it brings a financial return on the investment.

MozoVote
07-18-2007, 07:27 PM
Anyone have a guess how many campign people do lurk here? Or are they so swamped that there is no time to browse what the grassroots is doing?

Razmear
07-18-2007, 07:30 PM
One thing that would help, and maybe not directly from the campaign HQ, would be the creation of a PAC so we can get around some of these pesky spending limits.

An individual can only contribute $2300 to the campaign, including 'in kind' donations, which is what all these signs and radio ads technically are, but a PAC can spend an unlimited amount on ads for a candidate and other promotion.

I'd agree with RPHQ saving their money for now, and would hope that someone would take on the task as a volunteer or for a a very reasonable fee (say $10k/year).

It's obvious that the McCain coordinators were in it for the money and not for love of their candidate, otherwise they wouldn't have all quit instead of taking a pay cut. We don't need those type of folks in the Ron Paul camp.

eb

tiznow
07-18-2007, 07:38 PM
It's a marathon not a sprint