LibertiORDeth
01-06-2008, 11:52 AM
What is his Q4 Total?

winston_blade
01-06-2008, 11:52 AM
Yeah, that doesn't bode well for us.

ladyliberty
01-06-2008, 11:58 AM
I sent my $100 this morning - did not want to crash the server tonight! Do not forget Ron Paul will be on http://www.mcam.org/mcamtv.htm tonight at 5 pm eastern, live for his Town Hall forum.

aspiringconstitutionalist
What quarter are we even in? I've heard some people call this Q5, I've heard some people call this Q1 all over again, and I've heard some people call this Q4.2, wtf?

AcidReign
That is his bump from winning in Iowa. Huck should have actually gotten a bigger bump. Didn't Kerry raise a lot more right after when he won? A record amount that Paul supporters broke BTW. This graph does show Paul will need another money bomb this month.

wsc321
01-06-2008, 12:16 PM
On fund raising... I've been wondering whether or not I should start deferring my donations more heavily to grassroots efforts rather than the official campaign. I'd like to get some thoughts on this...

There are a lot of questions being raised in this forum about the competency of the official campaign. I have no clue what to make of it. For all I know (I'm a newbie activist) they are doing a great job under the circumstances. That said, some of the arguments against them sound persuasive.

I've been thinking NH might be the acid test for me. If Ron doesn't take at least 3rd place, I may stop donating to the official campaign - at least for now - and only donate to grassroots stuff. I know the grassroots effort is critical and we can't expect the campaign to do it all... but I don't think anyone is. Bottom line: the campaign asked for 12M to win NH, we gave them nearly 20M, so I'm looking for results.

Thoughts?

wsc321
01-06-2008, 12:21 PM
That is his bump from winning in Iowa. Huck should have actually gotten a bigger bump. Didn't Kerry raise a lot more right after when he won? A record amount that Paul supporters broke BTW. This graph does show Paul will need another money bomb this month.

I think if Paul takes at least 3rd in NH and beats Huckabee, there's a good chance we can severely beat his fund raising in the immediate aftermath. 3rd place will encourage RP donations, and Huckabee at 4th or lower might take some wind out of that campaign's sails. What do you think?

nc4rp
01-06-2008, 12:23 PM
Huckabee is ripe for an early peak (and early fall) Paul has a true algorithmic curve going. watch how it plays out.

nc4rp
01-06-2008, 12:26 PM
On fund raising... I've been wondering whether or not I should start deferring my donations more heavily to grassroots efforts rather than the official campaign. I'd like to get some thoughts on this...

Thoughts?

id say at this point, divide it up.

1 official paul campaign
2 phone bank of your choice
3 your local group or one of the current primary state local gorup
4 other (such as letters for paul, or one of the many other cool grassroots sites)

wsc321
01-06-2008, 12:28 PM
id say at this point, divide it up.

1 official paul campaign
2 phone bank of your choice
3 your local group or one of the current primary state local gorup
4 other (such as letters for paul, or one of the many other cool grassroots sites)

Donation portfolio diversification, eh? ;) Sounds reasonable.

jp5065
01-06-2008, 12:58 PM
What quarter are we even in? I've heard some people call this Q5, I've heard some people call this Q1 all over again, and I've heard some people call this Q4.2, wtf?

LOL...

Obviously there can only be 4 quarters.

We are now in the first quarter of 2008.

yongrel
01-06-2008, 01:00 PM
For having won Iowa, Huckabee is not getting that much money.

If I remember correctly, Kerry pulled in ~1million the day after Iowa.

jamesmadison
1/10th of our dec 16th total in 6 days.

not impressive

jd603
Huckabee has FULL media push, absolute total coverage, media love fest thanks to his CFR campaign manager Ed Rollins , so considering that and his Iowa win, seems like the people still aren't sold, even with the media trying to cram him down their throats. Ie, his fund raising should have been bigger. It is certainly no money bomb! :)

berkeleybound
01-06-2008, 01:20 PM

The FEC does it by month in the election year (2008). So we could call it January?

literatim
01-06-2008, 01:22 PM

If campaign doesn't have the money to do a 50 state run and runs out of money, this entire thing is over with. No amount of money to PACs will change it.

r3volution
01-06-2008, 01:26 PM
at that rate it will only take him 3 more quarters to catch up to Ron !

Swmorgan77
01-06-2008, 01:29 PM
Yeah, that doesn't bode well for us.

Not necessarily, we're late in the primary stages.. it's much better to have raised the money when RP did and be able to spend it now.

Let's just make sure the money keeps coming.

itshappening
01-06-2008, 01:31 PM
Huckabee has FULL media push, absolute total coverage, media love fest thanks to his CFR campaign manager Ed Rollins , so considering that and his Iowa win, seems like the people still aren't sold, even with the media trying to cram him down their throats. Ie, his fund raising should have been bigger. It is certainly no money bomb! :)

butsome how he's able to turn out the offline votes just like McCain, both don't come close to RP in online popularity or donations. im either missing something or there's huge vote fraud