PDA

View Full Version : The Best Foreign Policy Answer Ever

ando1brett
01-06-2008, 11:09 AM
It was obvious last night that it as a 5 on 1 battle when it came to foreign policy. RP was not able to tell his position. Someone watching their first debate would naturally think that since he is in the minority, he must be wrong. RP needs a better answer on foreign policy.

When questioned about foreign policy, RP's best answer should be:

"As you know, I have differing views on foreign policy than everyone else on this stage. Before my opponents rudely interrupt me, or giggle through my answer, let me tell the American people that the armed forces support my position. In fact, I receive more financial contributions from military personnel than anyone else on this stage. The military supports my position."

If he puts "interrupt or giggle" in the beginning of his answer, anyone that does so during his answer proves him right. This is a way that he can silence his opponents and explain his position.

He's also able to give his argument validity before he's even started to explain his position. His response then moves to quickly explaining the history of our foreign policy.

Looking straight at the camera, talking not to the people in the auditorium or those on stage, but talking through the television, directly to the American people.

"In 1953, we did this.....then we supported this leader, who turned against us.....we overthrew this government to put in this guy.....who turned out to be.....we then supported Saddam.....also supported Osama.....etc. etc."

This will wake up a lot of people. The average American (myself included just a few months ago), do not understand this history. Once the listener understands the history of our foreign policy, they may understand the true motivation of terrorists. His answer concludes with:

"Our continued foreign intervention provides motivation for terrorists to attack us. Al Qaeda has grown exponetially after our invasion of Iraq. We need to seriously reconsider our foreign policy, beginning with bring all of our troops home immediately."

Thoughts?

ando1brett
01-06-2008, 11:11 AM
It's important that he gets all of this in the time allotted for response, which could be difficult.

seapilot
01-06-2008, 11:29 AM
It's important that he gets all of this in the time allotted for response, which could be difficult.

True and its hard for anyone to debate when they have 4 arrogant men and one cross dresser trying to talk over him with their spitball comments.

The arrogance was unbelievable, its obvious these other candidates are more into themselves than the american people. Looking in the mirror this is what each one sees every day: greatest war hero, worlds greatest lobbyist and actor, worlds greatest businessman, worlds greatest mayor, worlds greatest preacher and finally the champion of the constitution.

Kingfisher
01-06-2008, 11:40 AM
Very Good!

wfd40
01-06-2008, 11:54 AM
Couldn't agree me... especially that first bit.

Of course.. if Dr. Paul actually had some seasoned debate advisors.. this would not be an issue. He would have pre-planned responses to every single major issue he ALWAYS gets attacked on.. its not like they are coming out of left field with this stuff.. its the same old attack lines night in and night out. The fact that he does not have a TOTALLY MEMORIZED response akin to the one posted in this thread AMAZES ME TO NO END.

RuyDiaz
01-06-2008, 05:14 PM
It was obvious last night that it as a 5 on 1 battle when it came to foreign policy. RP was not able to tell his position. Someone watching their first debate would naturally think that since he is in the minority, he must be wrong. RP needs a better answer on foreign policy.

When questioned about foreign policy, RP's best answer should be:

"As you know, I have differing views on foreign policy than everyone else on this stage. Before my opponents rudely interrupt me, or giggle through my answer, let me tell the American people that the armed forces support my position. In fact, I receive more financial contributions from military personnel than anyone else on this stage. The military supports my position."

If he puts "interrupt or giggle" in the beginning of his answer, anyone that does so during his answer proves him right. This is a way that he can silence his opponents and explain his position.

He's also able to give his argument validity before he's even started to explain his position. His response then moves to quickly explaining the history of our foreign policy.

Looking straight at the camera, talking not to the people in the auditorium or those on stage, but talking through the television, directly to the American people.

"In 1953, we did this.....then we supported this leader, who turned against us.....we overthrew this government to put in this guy.....who turned out to be.....we then supported Saddam.....also supported Osama.....etc. etc."

This will wake up a lot of people. The average American (myself included just a few months ago), do not understand this history. Once the listener understands the history of our foreign policy, they may understand the true motivation of terrorists. His answer concludes with:

"Our continued foreign intervention provides motivation for terrorists to attack us. Al Qaeda has grown exponetially after our invasion of Iraq. We need to seriously reconsider our foreign policy, beginning with bring all of our troops home immediately."

Thoughts?

It is still a remarkably bad answer. It absolves Jihad ideology of its responsibility for, well, Jihad violence. People already know enough to see how ignorant Dr. Paul is on that issue.

budafied
01-06-2008, 05:49 PM
Couldn't agree me... especially that first bit.

Of course.. if Dr. Paul actually had some seasoned debate advisors.. this would not be an issue. He would have pre-planned responses to every single major issue he ALWAYS gets attacked on.. its not like they are coming out of left field with this stuff.. its the same old attack lines night in and night out. The fact that he does not have a TOTALLY MEMORIZED response akin to the one posted in this thread AMAZES ME TO NO END.

unlike the politicians, Dr. Paul just speaks his mind and his beliefs. He desnt need a prescripted response. Obama, Hilary, Giuliani, McCain, and most of all Huckabee have scripted responses based on what their crews tell them to say.

Dr. Paul doesn't need this. He is intelligent enough to battle their scripted answers with truth from history...

Brutus
01-07-2008, 07:54 AM
"It absolves Jihad ideology of its responsibility"

Your answer absolves us of all responsibility for meddling in other people's lives we know nothing about, so, please take the high ground. It is all yours.

Kingfisher
01-07-2008, 08:11 AM
P.S................ When we started meddling in Iraq oil was $27 a barrell

partypooper
01-07-2008, 08:18 AM

Thoughts?

it takes some balls to call your own response the "best foreign policy answer ever".

i don't think it is the best answer because what is the best answer depends on the circumstances. what you said is what dr paul already said many times and everybody who has an opinion of him (most of which is negative) knows it.