PDA

View Full Version : Ron didnīt do as well as i hoped...

qwerty
01-06-2008, 10:40 AM
He didnīt nail the war-question as i hoped...

He is just too gentleman on those debates...Donīt think how he sounded to our ears, think how he sounded to a joe six-pack...

Yeah, say that iīm a troll....

:(

jd603
01-06-2008, 10:42 AM
He did pretty well, but you're right he could have done a little better, but the other guys were a bunch of clowns.

Edit: except for huckabee who has essentially stolen Ron's ideology since earlier debates.

allyinoh
01-06-2008, 10:44 AM
You might not be a troll, but...

There's a lot of times where me and a couple others are talking politics and I can barely get a word in. I don't like interrupting because well, my nature is to let people finish and then talk. Which I get that from Ron Paul. He seems like he wants to answer questions but when he's told he can, unlike the other guys who just talk. Sure, he might want to get in there more, but...

My take on that is 1 guy was being talked over by 5 other guys, it's very hard to get your point across when people are talking over you. I heard him many times try to talk over people, but they got louder.

I think people just focus too much on the negative which, in all honesty is what you are doing. Instead of talking about the positive points and the good highlights, you want to focus on the bad.

So, I won't say you are a troll, I just think you should not worry about the negative and talk about the positive. What will happen if you only talk about the negative is that more people will focus on the negative.

Our glass is half full, right? Not half empty. Keep optimistic, he did awesome last night and even when the one question was asked he jumped out first and answered it brilliantly.

qwerty
01-06-2008, 10:44 AM
He did pretty well, but you're right he could have done a little better, but the other guys were a bunch of clowns.

Edit: except for huckabee who has essentially stolen Ron's ideology since earlier debates.

I think, he did well, but the war answer was not as good as i hoped...

qwerty
01-06-2008, 10:52 AM

There's a lot of times where me and a couple others are talking politics and I can barely get a word in. I don't like interrupting because well, my nature is to let people finish and then talk. Which I get that from Ron Paul. He seems like he wants to answer questions but when he's told he can, unlike the other guys who just talk. Sure, he might want to get in there more, but...

My take on that is 1 guy was being talked over by 5 other guys, it's very hard to get your point across when people are talking over you. I heard him many times try to talk over people, but they got louder.

I think people just focus too much on the negative which, in all honesty is what you are doing. Instead of talking about the positive points and the good highlights, you want to focus on the bad.

So, I won't say you are a troll, I just think you should not worry about the negative and talk about the positive. What will happen if you only talk about the negative is that more people will focus on the negative.

Our glass is half full, right? Not half empty. Keep optimistic, he did awesome last night and even when the one question was asked he jumped out first and answered it brilliantly.

I guess will see how well he did when we see the results from NH....

Remember to take a look at things as NON-SUPPORTER, thatīs what iīm trying to do when iīm telling my opinion...

hayeksrevenge
01-06-2008, 10:54 AM
He didnīt nail the war-question as i hoped...

He is just too gentleman on those debates...Donīt think how he sounded to our ears, think how he sounded to a joe six-pack...

Yeah, say that iīm a troll....

:(

To be fair, he was in a den of wolves with little intellectual depth to them. All they have going for them is harsh rhetoric. Yes, Dr. Paul is a gentleman. I like him best when he is on the attack. A few zingers out of Ron Paul's mouth would do him good.

I was on a forum after Iowa, and I was the only RP supporter. I was getting all of this negative crap, and I fought back with elegance. I even had a few good zingers in there. But the attacks on me were crude and rude and mean spirited. After awhile, I realized there was no hope for a sensible discussion and that my responses seemed tame in response to the harshness from the other side. It just wasn't a good forum for me at that moment, for me to get my ideas across.

That is where RP was last night. He could have gone equally rude, but that is just not his style in a setting where the other 5 candidates who shared the stage were willing to speak without class.

allyinoh
01-06-2008, 10:55 AM
I guess will see how well he did when we see the results from NH....

Well I have 100% faith that he will do well. I hope that people are smart enough to see that exchange for what it was. A massive talking gang up on Ron Paul.

We are rising in polls in NH, and after last night if the people of NH watched, I don't see how in the world they could vote for Fred, Huckabee, or Guiliani over Ron Paul.

I just don't see it.

allyinoh
01-06-2008, 10:56 AM
To be fair, he was in a den of wolves with little intellectual depth to them. All they have going for them is harsh rhetoric. Yes, Dr. Paul is a gentleman. I like him best when he is on the attack. A few zingers out of Ron Paul's mouth would do him good.

Did you hear when Fred said, "I'm going to try to break this down so I can understand it.."

Ron replied, "Keep trying."

I thought it was hilarious!! I love that man! =)

qwerty
01-06-2008, 10:58 AM
Well I have 100% faith that he will do well. I hope that people are smart enough to see that exchange for what it was. A massive talking gang up on Ron Paul.

We are rising in polls in NH, and after last night if the people of NH watched, I don't see how in the world they could vote for Fred, Huckabee, or Guiliani over Ron Paul.

I just don't see it.

People are NOT SMART, they talk about "i donīt want to waste my vote"-things...

Donīt really over-rate the peoples intelligence, if they would be very intellingent we would win landslide...

Iīm sure that we will do better than IOWA, but we need to WIN!

Only thing which keep us out from the frontrunner-status is that we need prove our popularity and we havenīt done that yet...

VoluntaryMan
01-06-2008, 11:02 AM
In the next debate, Dr. Paul should walk right over to the first guy to cut him off while he's talking, or who starts giggling like a 9 year old girl, and should knock out the offending party's dental plate.

....seriously.

Will that make everyone happy?

VoluntaryMan
01-06-2008, 11:34 AM
People are NOT SMART

You're right. Duh-masses are barely functioning idiots. Ron Paul is the thinking man's candidate. Just how far do you expect him to dumb down his message for the cerebrally hubbled, publicly educated majority? Certainly, not to the point that they'll ever actually understand the message. The best we can do is to dip it in chocolate, like a granola bar, hire a Madison Avenue ad agency to market it to the public, and hope that enough of the voting public walks away from the voting booth with the dull sensation that they've just done something good for the health of their economic and civil liberties.

Wilford Brimley: "Vote for Ron Paul, the candidate who favors mutual liberty; it's the right thing to do, and a tasty way to do it."

scooter
01-06-2008, 12:16 PM
Actually, I completely disagree. Nearly everyone I spoke with today who is not an RP support like myself said that he looked the most mature and knowledgable out of the whole group.

It is not about how much he talks over the others or how many points he gets to spout in one debate. He dominated the performance and had more substance in 30-second answers than they had in many minutes of blathering. Common people can see this.

The blind ones will never be converted anyway.

Ball
01-06-2008, 12:20 PM

Hogwash.

Ron's BEST debate performance was in FL where he went into the lions den and responded with vigor!

ronpauldelivers
01-06-2008, 12:25 PM
People are NOT SMART, they talk about "i donīt want to waste my vote"-things...

Donīt really over-rate the peoples intelligence, if they would be very intellingent we would win landslide...

Iīm sure that we will do better than IOWA, but we need to WIN!

Only thing which keep us out from the frontrunner-status is that we need prove our popularity and we havenīt done that yet...

EXACTLY!!! People believe what they are being spoonfed by the MSM!!!

Not only does RP need to do very well in NH, but the campaign better get the
National ads going ASAP. I haven't seen any down here in FL, but Ghouli has
been all over since Christmas.

SPOONFEED RON PAUL!!!!! C'mon Campaign, get it done! The grassroots have provided the money, the backbone and the raw enthusiasm...GET OUT THE BIG GUNS...

fourameuphoria
01-06-2008, 12:56 PM

You're calling people trolls because they didn't think he did well?

We won't win much of the Republican Base when Ron:

-Uses the Saudi Arabian base for a foreign policy point
-Uses simplistic golden rule analogies
-Goes off an entirely different tangent when asked about healthcare, a question, which if, when stuck to the subject, he could nail.

Granted, all of these are true, but I don't exactly think "base in Saudi Arabia" wins us converts by the masses.

For Ron Paul supporters, Ron Paul did great.

But if we're going to win over other voters, Ron needs better talking points for Foreign Policy. Sadly, with the people we're dealing with, Ron can't just list the facts in a jumbled manner and automatically win people over.

qwerty
01-06-2008, 01:32 PM
Actually, I completely disagree. Nearly everyone I spoke with today who is not an RP support like myself said that he looked the most mature and knowledgable out of the whole group.

It is not about how much he talks over the others or how many points he gets to spout in one debate. He dominated the performance and had more substance in 30-second answers than they had in many minutes of blathering. Common people can see this.

The blind ones will never be converted anyway.

Thatīs encouraging but NH results show us was he good or bad...