PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul's best performance

hamilton1049
01-06-2008, 10:24 AM
I know that my low post count, new member status, and some of what I am about to say is going to get me labeled "Troll" by some. So be it, at 57 yrs, 20 of that in the US Marines, the labels of a few thousand forum dwellers on the INTERNET don't impress me much.

I have said it here before and I say it again, I have believed in Ron Pauls message for my entire life, I have actively supported Ron Paul since I first heard him speak as Libertarian Presidential candidate.

Ron Paul is a Statesman not a politician, he offers no polish, no slick marketability, no "buzz word" pretenses.

Dr Pauls gentlemanly, considered, reasonable, style does not fit well and makes him uncomfortable in the sound bite, hack and slash, shout down your opponent, arena that the media creates as debate formats.

The foundations of Ron Pauls message took centuries to coalesce in the Constitutional Republic given to us by our founding fathers. For a hundred years or more these precepts have been continuously under assault by politicians sworn to defend them.

The message that Ron Paul espouses is one that has been sold as discredited, by media, politicians, and Public Education/indoctrination for decades now. That this message is going to be difficult to sell even by the most practiced and polished of presentations is obvious.

The bottom line is Dr Paul has done his best on one on one interviews even in the face of opposition, and I site interviews with Tim Russert, Bill Moyers, and Glen Beck where he has truly shined as the statesman who is more concerned with the fate of our nation then he is for becoming president.

We should be discrediting these so called debates for what they are, shallow attempts at garnering market share, and furthering the lies that our current govt sells. Whether Ron Paul participates or not.

I adore hearing Ron Paul speak in any forum I can fill in the blanks left by sound bite speak.

Ron Paul does not give his best performance in these formats and it is not his fault it is the fault of a flawed system.

Sematary
01-06-2008, 10:30 AM
I agree with you. The message of liberty and freedom is a simple concept but one relatively foreign to people as they believe that we have not lost anything insofar as freedom and liberty is concerned. They believe that they have the same rights and freedoms our constitution outlined for us and tried to prevent the government from taking. Unfortunately, if it isn't happening to them - it isn't happening, so they don't see it.
Dr. Paul's explanations of what is wrong (and people DO know something is wrong) does not fit in with the sound byte era. You are 100% right on with that. If he could make it into debates of substance in the general election, I think we would do far better.
And you are correct about the one on one interviews, as well. It is obviously the best way for him to speak and get himself heard. These so called debates aren't made for a man of quality and quantity. They are made for slick politicians who try to get the best sound bytes.
Good post. No troll talk here.

hayeksrevenge
01-06-2008, 10:31 AM
I know that my low post count, new member status, and some of what I am about to say is going to get me labeled "Troll" by some. So be it, at 57 yrs, 20 of that in the US Marines, the labels of a few thousand forum dwellers on the INTERNET don't impress me much.

I have said it here before and I say it again, I have believed in Ron Pauls message for my entire life, I have actively supported Ron Paul since I first heard him speak as Libertarian Presidential candidate.

Ron Paul is a Statesman not a politician, he offers no polish, no slick marketability, no "buzz word" pretenses.

Dr Pauls gentlemanly, considered, reasonable, style does not fit well and makes him uncomfortable in the sound bite, hack and slash, shout down your opponent, arena that the media creates as debate formats.

The foundations of Ron Pauls message took centuries to coalesce in the Constitutional Republic given to us by our founding fathers. For a hundred years or more these precepts have been continuously under assault by politicians sworn to defend them.

The message that Ron Paul espouses is one that has been sold as discredited, by media, politicians, and Public Education/indoctrination for decades now. That this message is going to be difficult to sell even by the most practiced and polished of presentations is obvious.

The bottom line is Dr Paul has done his best on one on one interviews even in the face of opposition, and I site interviews with Tim Russert, Bill Moyers, and Glen Beck where he has truly shined as the statesman who is more concerned with the fate of our nation then he is for becoming president.

We should be discrediting these so called debates for what they are, shallow attempts at garnering market share, and furthering the lies that our current govt sells. Whether Ron Paul participates or not.

I adore hearing Ron Paul speak in any forum I can fill in the blanks left by sound bite speak.

Ron Paul does not give his best performance in these formats and it is not his fault it is the fault of a flawed system.

Our citizens have been dumbed down. I heard on Alex Jones that an ABC poll showed that only 1 in 1000 Americans could name all 5 of the first 5 amendments to the US Constitution, but a higher number than that could name at least 5 characters on the t.v. show "The Simpsons".

We are in trouble, in America. Only a small percentage of us recognize this. The rest of our countymen and women believe this election is business as usual. They are thinking about their favorite sports team, or getting their hair done like a certain celebrity. They are not thinking about their freedom or rather, the ongoing loss of it.

With much knowledge comes much sorrow. I understand that clearly now.

Ball
01-06-2008, 12:27 PM
Which is why Ron's TV ads suck!

They ought to ditch the narration and just have Ron speak his mind. Take 30 seconds out of his exploratory committee video for the win

thegr8drronpaul
01-06-2008, 12:34 PM
I definitely agree on the tv commercial comment. The narration is so lame - it's the worst part. People need to hear Ron and his trustworthiness.

1000-points-of-fright
01-06-2008, 01:02 PM
I think he finally encapsulated his foreign policy in a way that most Americans can understand: The Golden Rule - Treat others as we would want them to treat us. But he should have gone further and then listed how we have treated others.

In fact that should be a campaign ad. State the Golden Rule and then ask "how have we treated others?" Then list all the dictators we've supported and governments we've overthrown with accompanying video and photos. Then a final question "Is it any wonder they hate us?"

canadianforronpaul
01-06-2008, 01:19 PM
Which is why Ron's TV ads suck!

They ought to ditch the narration and just have Ron speak his mind. Take 30 seconds out of his exploratory committee video for the win

Ab-so-lutely, sure some nice graphics to accompany maybe - it has to look professional - but one could find 5 decent 30 second clips that cover a lot of ground and let the man speak the truth directly to the people

brandon
01-06-2008, 01:28 PM
Troll

canadianforronpaul
01-06-2008, 01:51 PM
I Good post. No troll talk here.

Well, unfortunately another senior member has whipped out the "troll" word on this thread already - for a resoned highly explanatory post and poster like this? Sad, makes many not want to post at all I'm sure.

Anyway - watched a bit of CNN today - naturally, they are focusing on what they ALWAYS focus on - catfights. Never mind Ron's answer on the price of oil - I was floored with that answer, esp when he said it was flat compared to the price of gold - damn near spit out my tea! I'm sure it's been posted elsewhere, but CNN is replaying the debates tonight.

brandon
01-06-2008, 01:56 PM
Well, unfortunately another senior member has whipped out the "troll" word on this thread already - for a resoned highly explanatory post and poster like this? Sad, makes many not want to post at all I'm sure.

Anyway - watched a bit of CNN today - naturally, they are focusing on what they ALWAYS focus on - catfights. Never mind Ron's answer on the price of oil - I was floored with that answer, esp when he said it was flat compared to the price of gold - damn near spit out my tea! I'm sure it's been posted elsewhere, but CNN is replaying the debates tonight.

haha, lighten up. I was just joking. I think that is the first time I ever actually used the word "troll"

canadianforronpaul
01-06-2008, 01:57 PM
haha, lighten up. I was just joking. I think that is the first time I ever actually used the word "troll"

LOL Sorry bud - you didn't use an emoticon! I couldn't find an "embarrased" emoticon or I'd have used it...

hamilton1049
01-06-2008, 02:22 PM
"haha, lighten up. I was just joking. I think that is the first time I ever actually used the word "troll"

Wheww! Dodged the bullet!

brandon
01-06-2008, 02:54 PM
LOL Sorry bud - you didn't use an emoticon! I couldn't find an "embarrased" emoticon or I'd have used it...

Yea my bad. I'm not to good at expressing sarcasm over the internet.

ConstitutionGal
01-06-2008, 03:05 PM
Hamilton,

Welcome!! I don't think you're a 'troll'. You've said exactly what a lot of us have been saying for months now - Dr. Paul does not talk well in sound-bites. Considering the populace and what they've been brain-washed with in school and by the media, he's having to educate people as well as give them solutions. This doesn't lend to the 'debate forum' but does extremely well when he has adequet time to explain WHY he says what he says.

jclay2
01-06-2008, 05:29 PM
I must say I was very inpressed with this performance. I think the added time really showed his true prowess and knowledge.

wfd40
01-06-2008, 06:37 PM
His answer to Rudy's attack on "flawed ideas about why they attack us" was god awful.. I'm re-watching the debate right now and I don't think dr. paul could have answered that question any worse... Sure the China analogy makes sense on one level.. but come the fuck on Ron... These guys aren't going to listen to that..

He should've dropped the 9-11 commission report.. he should've stated that it was 19thugs and not a single nation.. he should have discussed blowback quickly and he should have said that every single one of them were putting us all on a course that makes us LESS SAFE.

For crying out loud.. this should have been a slam friggin dunk.