PDA

View Full Version : Some Jerkoffs taking down our Ron Paul signs

Chester Copperpot
07-18-2007, 05:33 PM
Hey im in NJ.. and me and a friend have been slowly putting up RP signs on the medians here and there.. high traffic spots where we know they get alot of exposure.. and now it seems some people dont like Ron paul are taking down our signs...

I was curious to know if anybody else has had this problem.. we make our signs for about $1 a piece so we could care less.. they are waterproof too.. But now since he has pissed us off we're gonna go from putting up 5 or 10 here and there to putting up 100 in one night and cover the entire highway going through 2 counties!!!

fuckers

Spirit of '76
07-18-2007, 05:35 PM
Yeah, I've had it around here a little.

Many are still up, though, even the three I put up right outside City Hall!

Sounds like your plan to plaster the place is good. :D

Chester Copperpot
07-18-2007, 05:37 PM
Yeah, I've had it around here a little.

Many are still up, though, even the three I put up right outside City Hall!

Sounds like your plan to plaster the place is good. :D

Yeah I figure if they see so many they will just give up.. and I dont care.. for a buck a piece if I gotta put up 20 signs a week its just my time and effort..

fuck em...

Its a shame these stupid fucks dont realize Im trying to help THEM TOO...

theyre too confused.. probably like RUDY.. just wait... I was gonna be a real gentleman about the other candidates now.. but fuck them now.. theyre gonna be in for a rude awakening when they start putting their signs up.. and their campaign will be paying alot more than $1 a piece...

lucius
07-18-2007, 05:43 PM
fuck em...

Its a shame these stupid fucks dont realize Im trying to help THEM TOO...

That is my take as well...I just keep putting them up...

angelatc
07-18-2007, 05:46 PM
Are you sure it's the opposition taking them down? Around here we have city crews that do it.

anewvoice
07-18-2007, 06:21 PM
I've seen local law enforcement taking down freeway signs here. Generally speaking, a non-permanent sign in SE Michigan lasts 10-14 days.

Bradley in DC
07-18-2007, 06:22 PM
Yes, please check local ordinances. The campaign got several calls from local law enforcement after the overnight.

ronpaulitician
07-18-2007, 10:55 PM
Ladders.

Dary
07-18-2007, 11:36 PM
Yes, please check local ordinances. The campaign got several calls from local law enforcement after the overnight.

They were probaly wondering who Ron Paul was. Did the campaign send them any lit?

I had the same problem with our Harry Browne signs. (Most) everyone else’s signs were up. Ours were down.

Bro.Butch
07-19-2007, 02:29 AM
If you cut your costs it won't hurt as much when you lose one and you probably can get up dozens more on different roads to reach thousands of more people !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8abqbk8ex9E
How to reach 100,000 for less than $1.00

Today is Only 200 days until Tsunami Tuesday, we need to place as many signs and brouchures as possible this summer and autumn;to plant the seed For NAME RECOGNITION !!! We'll just go around the MSM to the people.

Any place with waiting rooms (hospitals, doctors & dentist's offices, etc., beauty salons, barber shops,etc.) are good places to leave several brochures on the different magazine tables !

hummtide
07-19-2007, 01:35 PM
Well I just print on the signs on regular stock paper, then post em up on telephone poles.. most of mine still up. Printing yourself saves lot of money.. averaging 4 cents a copy..well 5 cents including staples.

AZ Libertarian
07-19-2007, 01:57 PM
check out http://www.u8x.com/
then they can CHASE you around! heh heh.....

JohnCrabtree
07-19-2007, 02:29 PM
Yeah 1 of the 6 I put up this morning was taken down, but it stayed up from 3 AM to about 12:45. I put up 6 3' x 9' banners in the St. Joseph MI area for the Venetian Fest (several hundred thousand people attend. The one taken down was the easiest to get to, I try to put them in places that are difficult or inconvienient to get to. I have one banner up on the side of I94 that I put up for the 4th still there because it would be extremely difficult to get to.

Thomas_Paine
07-19-2007, 03:23 PM
Who do you make signs for a buck a piece? Our group is way behind on this, we still haven't put up any signs in our area (shame on me)

JoshLowry
07-19-2007, 04:15 PM
Who do you make signs for a buck a piece? Our group is way behind on this, we still haven't put up any signs in our area (shame on me)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8abqbk8ex9E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pawjXrpIXiE

constituent
07-20-2007, 12:25 PM
also, one persons' "plastering" is another persons "littering." Personally I support any and all efforts to get the word out; this is just something to consider.

Molly Pitcher
07-21-2007, 03:41 PM
I put about a dozen signs for the overnight, about half of which are still up. Then we put up about ten more last weekend.

We posted several signs in succession, about a block apart on one thoroughfare in my neighborhood. Well, one of my signs was a 5' by 3' bright blue sign that simply said "Who is Ron Paul?" This particular sign has been up for a week. My husband drove by to check it this morning, and on the next telephone pole someone had posted a huge pic of RP and a caption that said "Would you trust a man with two first names?" I am tickled by this. I am not sure if I should be offended, because it isn't exactly complimentary (but it could have been far worse). I just find it so funny that someone took the time to do this. They obviously had to take the time to find and print the picture and make and hang the sign. I think it can only add to the interest in my guerrila marketing campaign! The only bad thing was that about five hours later someone had removed my blue RP sign...it's a good thing i have a dozen more on my patio ready to be hung.
Don't gt discouraged when your signs come down...remember for every person that pulls one down scores of people are seeing it and wondering "Who is Ron Paul?"

Molly Pitcher :p

foofighter20x
07-21-2007, 03:50 PM
Are you sure it's the opposition taking them down? Around here we have city crews that do it.

It could be people who don't have a sign but really want one, too.

[HAF]Foxtrot
07-21-2007, 07:19 PM
True true. I've seen that done before, people pull down signs, not in hate but because they want a election sign.

Captain Shays
07-23-2007, 08:35 AM
Like an earlier poster said. LADDERS!!!!

Put your signs up high enough where someone would have to go through as much effort to take it down as you took to put it up there.

tron paul
07-23-2007, 09:35 AM
Like an earlier poster said. LADDERS!!!!

Put your signs up high enough where someone would have to go through as much effort to take it down as you took to put it up there.

1. Get lots of wooden planks, not too thick.

2. Spray paint with Ron Paul stencils.

3. Get a ladder, some nails and a hammer (cordless nailgun optional).

4. Nail the signs high up on wooden poles.

5. Drink beer, and laugh at attempts to remove your Ron Paul signage.

Bradley in DC
07-23-2007, 11:09 AM
They were probaly wondering who Ron Paul was. Did the campaign send them any lit?

I had the same problem with our Harry Browne signs. (Most) everyone else’s signs were up. Ours were down.

No, they were complaining to the campaign.

angelatc
07-23-2007, 11:32 AM
I put about a dozen signs for the overnight, about half of which are still up. Then we put up about ten more last weekend.

We posted several signs in succession, about a block apart on one thoroughfare in my neighborhood. Well, one of my signs was a 5' by 3' bright blue sign that simply said "Who is Ron Paul?" This particular sign has been up for a week. My husband drove by to check it this morning, and on the next telephone pole someone had posted a huge pic of RP and a caption that said "Would you trust a man with two first names?"

Molly Pitcher :p

That's hysterical!!! You should make a third sign that reads something like "Hey, we trusted John Wayne, and we can absolutely we can trust Ron Paul!!!"