PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Live on CSPAN at 3:30PM EST - just announced on CSPAN

walt
01-06-2008, 09:45 AM
We must flood this session with questions of highest relevance to NH voters - NO gushing I love you Ron calls please.

literatim
01-06-2008, 09:58 AM
There aren't going to be call-ins for this.

walt
01-06-2008, 10:10 AM
funny, they said it was a call in.

Geronimo
01-06-2008, 10:15 AM
http://inside.c-spanarchives.org:8080/cspan/schedule.csp

03:30 PM EST
Call-In
Ron Paul Campaign Interview
C-SPAN, 2008 Campaign Bus
Ron Paul , R, Texas

c152atn67
01-06-2008, 11:19 AM
Our goal: to make their phone board go bust by the end of the interview :)

chiplitfam
01-06-2008, 11:20 AM
Thanks. We all need to be kept up on everything that is happening. Is it Cspan 1 or 2?

LudwigVan Kubrick
01-06-2008, 11:26 AM
only relevant questions please.

Agreed, no "love you Ron"calls.

ConstitutionFTW
01-06-2008, 12:32 PM
They just announced (1:30pm) on CSPAN that Ron Paul has canceled the call-in.

lnieves
01-06-2008, 12:32 PM
C-Span just announced Ron Paul has canceled the appearance they had scheduled.

Bilgefisher
01-06-2008, 12:33 PM
phone numbers please

walt
01-06-2008, 12:34 PM
ugh - why the hell would they do that? It makes absolutely no sense.

Tangoland
01-06-2008, 12:35 PM
Great Walt thanks for the info!

:)

dougkeenan
01-06-2008, 12:37 PM
How 'bout just french kisses? No love, just french kisses?

No?

OK.

SteveMartin
01-06-2008, 01:03 PM
WHAT!?!?!?!?!

WE DESERVE AN EXPLANATION ON THIS ONE AND NOW!!!!!

RonPaulVolunteer
01-06-2008, 01:04 PM
He's probably pre-filming the TownHall meeting to be aired tonight.

walt
01-06-2008, 01:06 PM
He's probably pre-filming the TownHall meeting to be aired tonight.

this would have been known by someone competent running his schedule. It's bad enough he won't be in the state Monday - now this...the enemy within is sometimes worse than FOX

disciple
01-06-2008, 01:09 PM
Come on!!!!

literatim
01-06-2008, 01:11 PM
You know, whining and demanding an answer now on an internet forum does absolutely nothing.

Call and ask.

703-248-9115

FreeTraveler
01-06-2008, 01:22 PM
You know, whining and demanding an answer now on an internet forum does absolutely nothing.

Call and ask.

703-248-9115

No, don't. Word will get here at some point.

I am TOTALLY AMAZED at a few people here who think that Dr. Paul is so stupid that he would cancel something like this for no good reason.

Damm, people, your're working your asses off to get this man elected to LEAD YOUR COUNTRY!!! If you don't trust him to make good decisions, and can't resist second-guessing everything his official team is doing, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING SUPPORTING HIM?????

Get over it!!! You are NOT the official campaign. WE have a job to do, and that is to raise funds and awareness of the good doctor so we can get him elected.

OUR JOB IS NOT to tell HQ how to do their job. If Dr. Paul wants somebody to come in and analyze his campaign staff, he's SMART enough to arrange for that.

If you trust him enough to run your country, QUIT second-guessing him at every turn. It contributes ABSOLUTELY NOTHING except to lower morale!

walt
01-06-2008, 01:34 PM

I am TOTALLY AMAZED at a few people here who think that Dr. Paul is so stupid that he would cancel something like this for no good reason.

Damm, people, your're working your asses off to get this man elected to LEAD YOUR COUNTRY!!! If you don't trust him to make good decisions, and can't resist second-guessing everything his official team is doing, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING SUPPORTING HIM?????

Get over it!!! You are NOT the official campaign. WE have a job to do, and that is to raise funds and awareness of the good doctor so we can get him elected.

OUR JOB IS NOT to tell HQ how to do their job. If Dr. Paul wants somebody to come in and analyze his campaign staff, he's SMART enough to arrange for that.

If you trust him enough to run your country, QUIT second-guessing him at every turn. It contributes ABSOLUTELY NOTHING except to lower morale!

HQ has zero experience being involved in running a national campaign and the lessons that teaches you. Many of Dr. Paul's inner circle have run educational campaigns all of their life and would be better to step aside to supporters with more national campaign experience. You blindly follow fools, I want to win.

literatim
01-06-2008, 01:35 PM
HQ has zero experience being involved in running a national campaign and the lessons that teaches you. Many of Dr. Paul's inner circle have run educational campaigns all of their life and would be better to step aside to supporters with more national campaign experience. You blindly follow fools, I want to win.

...and you have experience running a national campaign?

Ron Paul Fan
01-06-2008, 01:40 PM

I agree that it's pointless to bitch and moan about HQ here. I think people are upset about the 5th place in Iowa and are looking for people to blame. They don't want to admit that we just lost. I'm from Iowa and I'll admit it, I FAILED! I could have done more than I did and I take responsibility for my failure. Sure it's easy to micromange HQ from a message board and complain about every little thing that doesn't go according to plan, but I would encourage all of you to start doing more of the things I failed to do enough of in Iowa. Ron Paul is not going to fire his campaign staff this late in the game. I trust Ron Paul to run this country. I trust Ron Paul to run his campaign. I don't want to run his campaign or his life.

walt
01-06-2008, 01:40 PM
...and you have experience running a national campaign?

I have experience in a very similar campaign at a lower level...it didn't win, but I saw the drivers of what went wrong and let me tell you the signals I'm seeing right now are EXACTLY the same.

I think there is still time to get it reversed.

This is why I'm so passionate, I desperately want to prevent this same fate for Dr Paul.

walt
01-06-2008, 03:17 PM
I'm gonna cross my fingers that a deal was cut to have cspan tape the town hall and play it later instead - this is the only explanation that would make any sense. :)

cross your fingers folks.

EonBlue
01-06-2008, 03:27 PM
This huck love fest on right now is sick.

literatim
01-06-2008, 03:29 PM
I have experience in a very similar campaign at a lower level...it didn't win, but I saw the drivers of what went wrong and let me tell you the signals I'm seeing right now are EXACTLY the same.

I think there is still time to get it reversed.

This is why I'm so passionate, I desperately want to prevent this same fate for Dr Paul.

Ron Paul did win, multiple times--against the entire GOP at that.

Johncjackson
01-06-2008, 03:37 PM
Ron Paul did win, multiple times--against the entire GOP at that.

A House race- as a local doctor and a guy who makes a big effort to help out veterans but just happens to have some "quirky" beliefs- is a LOT different than POTUS. And also has very different standards. A lot of people ( the voters AND party establishment) don;t mind a guy like Ron in Congress representing 0.2% of the country. But the presidency is different.

It is a fact that his team is not equipped to run a national campaign and also did not expect to. They are overwhelmed by our support. It was an educational campaign that intended to reach the base, raise some money, and spread the message so a somewhat wider audience.

I think this is obvious to any long time supporter, and people who point out the obvious should not be treated so negatively.

Myerz
01-06-2008, 04:02 PM
Ron has said he's still surprised that he's not back in congress sitting behind his desk. Sounds like an attitude adjustment is needed.....

Ron has said that the message is the most important thing. It is, but if the majority never hears it then it's a waste of time.

Ron has said he's got nothing to do with the over-flowing cash he has. Then let the people who raised it have a small little say in how it's spent ...... or at least ask us what we think!

Although the message is beautiful, it won't have much of an effect if he doesn't win. He needs to get in office to make a difference. Sure he has waken up millions of people.....but if those millions of people do not get him into office then it means nothing.

He needs to be in this to win....speak with his sights set on DC.

The campaign needs to allow people who have the expeirence to do what they do best.

Highstreet
01-06-2008, 04:23 PM
what happened to his TownHall being broadcast on Cspan?

Yom
01-06-2008, 05:17 PM
Guys, CSPAN isn't the best place to reach a bunch of new voters. He's much better off campaigning around New Hampshire.