PDA

View Full Version : Rudy ticked about finishing behind RP

Badger Paul
01-06-2008, 09:32 AM
This is from a New York Daily News political blog:

"A New York Republican with ties to Rudy Giuliani’s campaign called in to say that despite the former mayor’s insistence that he is unconcerned with his sixth place finish in last night’s Iowa caucuses, the fact that he finished well behind Ron Paul is stinging.

“Remember, Rudy was using Ron Paul as a foil in the debates,” the Republican recalled (see the clip below if you need a memory refresher). “Maybe the Republicans aren’t as militant as Rudy thinks.”

“I don’t buy that there’s no reason for concern,” he continued. “Maybe you don’t compete for first place, or second, but do you really feel comfortable coming in sixth - basically last? It’s not like he never went to Iowa, he has been there, he had people on the ground there up until about a week ago, and right now he’s running behind Ron Paul in new Hampshire, too.

The thing is, the people who are for the muscular foreign policy, the anti-Ron Paul people, they aren’t going to Rudy. I guess they’re going to John McCain.”

As for Paul himself, he couldn’t help but gloat a little about his trouncing of Giuliani last night, telling supporters in Des Moines that he felt the caucuses had gone “well,” and adding:

“Nobody made any rash predictions, but I know we didn’t come out at the bottom and I know we beat that Giuliani guy! Wonder if they’re going to ask him if he’s gonna drop out tonight!”

…If you can take the guy that’s down near at the bottom, the guy that we beat, he used to be a mayor. This means that even with a lot of money and with a lot of establishment credentials, we the people who care about this country, who care about the Constitution, can still win.”