PDA

View Full Version : New record: highest number new RP Meetup members in one day

jj111
07-18-2007, 04:37 PM
New record: highest number new RP Meetup members in one day

Number of RP Meetup.com members today 3:36pm PT: 20020
Number of RP Meetup.com members yesterday 9pm: 19250

# new members in less than 24 hours: 770

This is a new record; previous record was yesterday at 519.

Growth of Meetup.com membership is not only fast, but accelarating.

http://www.meetup.com/topics/polact/cand/pres/

quickmike
07-18-2007, 04:46 PM
Holy Horseshoes Batman !!!!!

Thats alot of paulies in just one day !!! Seems things are growing exponentialy.

This is good news.

Devil_rules_in_extremes
07-18-2007, 04:48 PM
New record: highest number new RP Meetup members in one day

Number of RP Meetup.com members today 3:36pm PT: 20020
Number of RP Meetup.com members yesterday 9pm: 19250

# new members in less than 24 hours: 770

This is a new record; previous record was yesterday at 519.

Growth of Meetup.com membership is not only fast, but accelarating.

http://www.meetup.com/topics/polact/cand/pres/

770 people in ONE DAY?

WOW.... WOW!

shrugged0106
07-18-2007, 04:55 PM
I like to think of meet-up as campaign cells. Small pockets of not only support in votes, but support in real time, real life, hard resources dedicated to getting Dr. paul elected. Powerful stuff folks!!

BLS
07-18-2007, 05:10 PM
This is going to be a great way to gauge supporters.

Good find.

ghemminger
07-18-2007, 05:14 PM
You have to count supporter resistering in multiple meetups, or does it account for that.

If so, 20,000 with 1% polling,
How many with 10% polling, 200,000 Holy*&&*%!!!

jj111
07-18-2007, 05:18 PM
Also, as of today, more than 10,000 new members of RP Meetup.com groups since 6/17, 31 days ago, plus there has been just a hair more than doubling the RP Meetup.com membership during that period.

jj111
07-18-2007, 05:22 PM
You have to count supporter resistering in multiple meetups, or does it account for that.

If so, 20,000 with 1% polling,
How many with 10% polling, 200,000 Holy*&&*%!!!

Unfortunately, the statistics do "double count" you if you are registered in more than one Ron Paul group. So the numbers published are not exactly accurate of number of unique members, but rather rough guidelines. Because of multiple memberships of some members, it is possible that the number of unique members I would guess could be anywhere from 5% to 20% less than the numbers I cited.

paulitics
07-18-2007, 05:33 PM
16882 one week ago. Average = 448 per day. Prior to the 4th, the average was around 300. Thats tremendous growth in a couple of weeks. Anyone have a theory as to why? Was it the 4th of july overnights? The Steponallofus interview? Can it be we are simply moving closer to the primaries, so people are naturally becoming more interested? Anyway, amazing job.

Wyurm
07-18-2007, 05:36 PM
Unfortunately, the statistics do "double count" you if you are registered in more than one Ron Paul group. So the numbers published are not exactly accurate of number of unique members, but rather rough guidelines. Because of multiple memberships of some members, it is possible that the number of unique members I would guess could be anywhere from 5% to 20% less than the numbers I cited.

That depends on which count you look at. The 20020 number is accurate, the number with the map which is much higher, is not accurate.

Daveforliberty
07-18-2007, 05:48 PM
I am signed up for Meetup, but my wife is not. Yet she accompanies me to every Meetup is is working hard for Ron Paul. I pollled some others in my meetup and I'm not alone. It's common that only one from a family signs up, but more than one are actually on board!

Original_Intent
07-18-2007, 05:51 PM
16882 one week ago. Average = 448 per day. Prior to the 4th, the average was around 300. Thats tremendous growth in a couple of weeks. Anyone have a theory as to why? Was it the 4th of july overnights? The Steponallofus interview? Can it be we are simply moving closer to the primaries, so people are naturally becoming more interested? Anyway, amazing job.

Actually the RATE of growth has been very consistent, we have been doubling about every 4 weeks to a month. We need to keep this going.

40,000 by mid August
80,000 by mid September
640,000 By year end! It sounds unreachable, but I would have thought 20,000 was impossible two months ago.

Bradley in DC
07-18-2007, 06:16 PM
I hope I'm wrong here, but is there any way to check to see how many "unique" members there are? I'm in three, I think (Arlington, VA and then the two DC ones). My suspicion is that many of us are joining that (stupid) inauguration Meetup and skewing the results.

PatriotOne
07-18-2007, 06:28 PM
My suspicion is that many of us are joining that (stupid) inauguration Meetup and skewing the results.

That one has 91 members.

jj111
07-18-2007, 07:10 PM
I think it's a good idea not to join the inaugural meetup. It will only skew the numbers of our meetup membership. I would wait to join it AFTER he is elected.

jj111
07-18-2007, 07:13 PM

I think it is a cumulative effect of everything:

Viral communication via word of mouth, emailing friends, YouTube and Internet
Meetup activism
More "old media" coverage

Keep up the good work and we will continue to grow.

ChristopherJ
07-18-2007, 07:21 PM
There was a spike on Alexa for RP's campaign site in the last couple days. I think maybe the Google video had something to do with it. Thoughts?

http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ronpaul2008.c om

tiznow
07-18-2007, 07:24 PM
I think it does double count so that isn't unique members cause i know there are alot of subgroups popping up just to help better coordinate for the iowa straw poll activities. So the increased activity of late makes sense.

Wyurm
07-18-2007, 07:25 PM
There was a spike on Alexa for RP's campaign site in the last couple days. I think maybe the Google video had something to do with it. Thoughts?

http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ronpaul2008.c om

I was wondering what caused that spike. I'm not sure about it being Google since that happened on Sat. I can't really think of anything special that happened on Tues. or even Mon. So my best guess would be that word is getting out alot more via the meetup groups and other efforts.

WannaBfree
07-18-2007, 07:27 PM
Thats tremendous growth in a couple of weeks. Anyone have a theory as to why?

us? :o

Texan4Life
07-18-2007, 07:29 PM
is it hardcore barry manilow fans?

BLS
07-18-2007, 07:32 PM

Holy crap is there a major spike since the 1st of May. :D

PatriotOne
07-18-2007, 07:32 PM

Fanilows? LOL...that's what they call Manilow fans...heard that on Will and Grace :D

CurtisLow
07-18-2007, 07:34 PM
Ron Paul, By the Numbers

$2,300: Amount of donation received from Barry Manilow

$2.4 million: Amount of cash on hand

#2: Rank of "web design and hosting" among disbursements in the Ron Paul campaign (#1: Salaries.)

#1: Rank of Paul among candidates receiving donations from members of the armed service.

14 out of 25: Number of times that Paul has come in either first (10) or second (4) in the Pajama Media GOP primary straw poll.

9 out of 25: Number of times Paul was not included in the Pajama Media GOP primary straw poll.

#2: Rank at which Patrick Ruffini thinks Paul will finish in the Ames Straw Poll

280: Percent increase in the stock of "Paul to win GOP nomination" stock at Intrade. (McCain-to-win stock has dropped 680*85%.)

MarkCrossEA
07-18-2007, 08:06 PM
I hope I'm wrong here, but is there any way to check to see how many "unique" members there are? I'm in three, I think (Arlington, VA and then the two DC ones). My suspicion is that many of us are joining that (stupid) inauguration Meetup and skewing the results.

If you register a meetup group at RonPaul.meetup.com the architecture keeps track of individuals who register with any meetup subgroup of Ron Paul that have a unique email address. So you can join multiple groups and only be counted once, as long as you use the same email address. The only way to skew the results is if you register under more than one email address.

If anything the results are skewed by only counting individual members and not counting households, which would inflate the total. But I think it would be better to underestimate our strength and simply realize that we have a lot of couples and families involved who have joined under one email address.

ghemminger
07-18-2007, 11:04 PM
Our group in SoCal is having Daily Rallys from 6-7...Went to the 99 cent store picked up tons o 4th july stuff...passed out flyers (busy intersection)and ya know what.......
90%+ , of the gen puplic don't know about Ron Paul.......

90% = masses (description) blue collar, hispanic? kids, basically overworked and underpaid, to tired to care - this is the group that needs to awaken.....made a dent....passed out 40 or so flyers in hour

jj111
07-18-2007, 11:31 PM
If you register a meetup group at RonPaul.meetup.com the architecture keeps track of individuals who register with any meetup subgroup of Ron Paul that have a unique email address. So you can join multiple groups and only be counted once, as long as you use the same email address. The only way to skew the results is if you register under more than one email address.

That is very interesting info, but how do you know this info?

Chester Copperpot
07-18-2007, 11:37 PM
according to the wording on meetup as I understand it.. It counts unique among all the groups within a particulatr category..

I could be wrong. But that is how I am reading it

Chester Copperpot
07-21-2007, 06:20 AM
bump

inibo
07-21-2007, 06:32 AM
Thanks, now I have to clean up the coffee that just ejected itself from my face followed by uncontrollable laughter.

LibertyEagle
07-21-2007, 08:25 AM

Yeah, I was wondering about that inauguration one too. We should subtract that number from the total, at least.