PDA

View Full Version : McCain getting nailed ALREADY on meet the press

icon124
01-06-2008, 09:08 AM
He just trapped himself in a corner with the tax cuts he made

rg123
01-06-2008, 09:11 AM
McCain is a psychopath. This guy wants a nuke so bad he can taste it.

daviddee
01-06-2008, 09:17 AM

markj
01-06-2008, 09:25 AM
I came up with what I think is a new term for McCain and people like him.

Terrorfascists

What do you think?

Keith
01-06-2008, 09:29 AM
I came up with what I think is a new term for McCain and people like him.

Terrorfascists

What do you think?

That about sums them up.

braumstr
01-06-2008, 09:31 AM
terrofascists does not work.

McCain is a war hero who was tortured by the NV.

He has just lost his way...I think deep down he is with us, but for some reason not getting the job he wanted made him hug and kiss W.

I view it more of a tragedy than anything else.

newmedia4ron
01-06-2008, 09:31 AM
He just trapped himself in a corner with the tax cuts he made

what does his have to do with Ron Paul winning NH?
Right now RP is behind romney and huck too.

:confused:

wowabunga
01-06-2008, 09:41 AM
Mr McCain was overly pompus at the ABC Debate openly laughing at Ron Paul... but the cameras caught him looking like a chump when Ron quickly added that our nation is going broke.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Z8C1kEEKo4

Peace and Joy,
Ramblin Randy

shakermaker83
01-06-2008, 09:43 AM
McCain just got asked about the 100 years on Face the Nation as well.

btwilli1
01-06-2008, 09:45 AM
well what is he saying????

shakermaker83
01-06-2008, 09:46 AM
Mostly just some BS about how we've been in Germany and Japan etc for 50 years and no one is complaining. How they contribute to stability in the regions where they are. And that crap about as long as no one is dying why should anybody care.

Gimpster
01-06-2008, 10:24 AM
My wife and I watched a bit (shes pretty ardent democrat), and we both agreed that this guy is a WARMONGER.

This guy is chomping at the bit to nuke/invade/bomb/whatever someone.

HOLLYWOOD
01-06-2008, 10:35 AM
McCain is a FlipFlopping Panderer, that's one of the most connected to Lobbyist, foreign governments and PACS.

His Amnesty is Amnesty simple... the guy is Old and Dilusional and only dictates what corporations and Lobbyists want.

I am so surprised that he's as high in the poles as probed. But then again, America has the most Ignorant & Dumb voters.

JS4Pat
01-06-2008, 10:36 AM
well what is he saying????
HE is LYING!!!

He is saying the American People don't mind us keeping military troops in foreign nations indefinitely so long as Americans aren't dieing or being hurt!!!

B.S.

IT'S THE FREAKIN FINANCIAL COSTS AS WELL!!

Why didn't Tim Ask him:
"Senator, how the fuck are you going to pay for that?"

NoMoreApathy
01-06-2008, 10:39 AM

He has just lost his way...I think deep down he is with us, but for some reason not getting the job he wanted made him hug and kiss W.

You can't be serious. Are you a RP supporter, or a McCain supporter? Because if you're a McCain supporter, I'm sure there's a tiny little message board somewhere for you to discuss him with a couple other people.

Just getting captured and tortured by an enemy in war doesn't make you a "hero". A hero is someone who willingly puts their own safety in jeopardy for the sake of someone else. He didn't willingly put himself into a NV prison, he was captured. Now, if he had broken out, and freed any others in captivity, that's more along the lines of "hero".

he·ro /ˈhɪəroʊ/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[heer-oh] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun, plural -roes; for 5 also -ros.

1. a man of distinguished courage or ability, admired for his brave deeds and noble qualities.

2. a person who, in the opinion of others, has heroic qualities or has performed a heroic act and is regarded as a model or ideal: He was a local hero when he saved the drowning child.

I don't see where McCain fits into either of those definitions of Hero.

If ANYTHING, the guy's got to be screwed up in the head from all that time being jailed and tortured. I seriously question this guy's mental stablity. I don't see how he can qualify as a presidential candidate when he's probably so fucked in the head from his experience that he doesn't think straight.

A guy that's been through what he has, OUGHT to come out of it thinking DIFFERENTLY about war, and how inhuman, disgusting, and unnecessary it ultimately is. But no, this guy loves war more than ever these days.

QuesoPantera
01-06-2008, 10:56 AM
I want to know something, and I hope you all realize I am being completely serious and mean absolutely no offense by this -

But why do people see 5 years in the Hanoi Hilton as a positive in a presidential campaign? What could Mr. McCain possibly have learned about world affairs and foreign policy locked in a tiger cage with only his own thoughts and occasional torment by his captors?

If anyone has a good answer to this, please let's have it. I just want to know why this is such a strong selling point for the job, and not something that possibly made him a little KooKoo, ya know?

SimpleName
01-06-2008, 11:03 AM
But why do people see 5 years in the Hanoi Hilton as a positive in a presidential campaign? What could Mr. McCain possibly have learned about world affairs and foreign policy locked in a tiger cage with only his own thoughts and occasional torment by his captors?

He could learn a deep sense of revenge boiling within him. His mind is completely out of touch with reality. Using that as foreign policy experience is actually horrifying. This is similar to people on a jury in a rape case after being raped. They are biased and vengeful in that matter. It would not be fair to have them in control of a situation like that. McCain gets in office and more money will go straight down the drain simply because he wants revenge on somebody.

QuesoPantera
01-06-2008, 11:22 AM
This is similar to people on a jury in a rape case after being raped. They are biased and vengeful in that matter. It would not be fair to have them in control of a situation like that. McCain gets in office and more money will go straight down the drain simply because he wants revenge on somebody.

I will give him the benefit of the doubt being in civilized society for the last 30 years, though your comparison really is eye-opening...

daviddee
01-06-2008, 11:43 AM

MooCowzRock
01-06-2008, 11:49 AM

I agree 100%. If McCain can just get over himself and sever himself from the Republican base he's become dependant on, and could be a great addition to Ron's cabinet. If he keeps going against his values and keeps being the jerk he was at the debates, he's going to hit the ground very hard, and he's going to deserve it.

MooCowzRock
01-06-2008, 11:54 AM
You can't be serious. Are you a RP supporter, or a McCain supporter? Because if you're a McCain supporter, I'm sure there's a tiny little message board somewhere for you to discuss him with a couple other people.

Just getting captured and tortured by an enemy in war doesn't make you a "hero". A hero is someone who willingly puts their own safety in jeopardy for the sake of someone else. He didn't willingly put himself into a NV prison, he was captured. Now, if he had broken out, and freed any others in captivity, that's more along the lines of "hero".

I don't see where McCain fits into either of those definitions of Hero.

If ANYTHING, the guy's got to be screwed up in the head from all that time being jailed and tortured. I seriously question this guy's mental stablity. I don't see how he can qualify as a presidential candidate when he's probably so fucked in the head from his experience that he doesn't think straight.

A guy that's been through what he has, OUGHT to come out of it thinking DIFFERENTLY about war, and how inhuman, disgusting, and unnecessary it ultimately is. But no, this guy loves war more than ever these days.

The fact that he denied being released years before he did because others had been there longer than he, made him a hero. Now, I support Ron Paul 100% because McCain has lost touch with the troops, and has been changed by Washington, but he is still a war hero and still gets a certain level of my respect. His obligations to the Republican party, and his desperation to win the presidency, however, has corrupted him to an extent, and its sad. However, there is a big difference between dissent and disrespect. He is very deserving of dissent, but disrespect is something I would give to Romney or Giuliani, never McCain.

CrownThyGood
01-06-2008, 01:11 PM
I thought mccain was broke a long time ago ? his staff was leaving and then all at once .. they start propping him in the media and wham . he's right back in it. where is he getting his money?

thisisgiparti
01-06-2008, 01:12 PM
"Straight Talk"

He is being asked about the 100 years now!!

THANK GOD TIM RUSSERT GOT HIS BALLS BACK!

thisisgiparti
01-06-2008, 01:15 PM
The fact that he denied being released years before he did because others had been there longer than he, made him a hero. Now, I support Ron Paul 100% because McCain has lost touch with the troops, and has been changed by Washington, but he is still a war hero and still gets a certain level of my respect. His obligations to the Republican party, and his desperation to win the presidency, however, has corrupted him to an extent, and its sad. However, there is a big difference between dissent and disrespect. He is very deserving of dissent, but disrespect is something I would give to Romney or Giuliani, never McCain.

Giuliani is counting on that. He knows he can't carry the NE states. Strange, since he's a Catholic from Brooklyn! He's hoping for a miracle on Super Tuesday, but he and McCain have an agreement to go after Romney. McCain would be Giuliani's VP choice.

Ball
01-06-2008, 01:19 PM
McCain just got asked about the 100 years on Face the Nation as well.

*rubs hands together*

...and?

thisisgiparti
01-06-2008, 01:22 PM
Mostly just some BS about how we've been in Germany and Japan etc for 50 years and no one is complaining. How they contribute to stability in the regions where they are. And that crap about as long as no one is dying why should anybody care.

Except Germany and Japan don't have problems with radical Islam. They aren't hotbeds for recruitment following a failed foreign policy. They don't see the US as a bully plundering their natural resources, but rather as diplomatic allies serving a common good.

Iraq doesn't even have a government! They are in the middle of a Civil War! Our presence there only further destabilizes their situation. Any troops left behind will be targets. For a military man, John McCain knows jack shit about strategy. He is woefully lacking in basic tact and diplomacy. His first term would be Bush's third. And why is Lieberman endorsing him? That guy's as nutty as John Bolton. The Democrats pitched him out.

thoughtbombing
01-06-2008, 01:30 PM

Video or it didn't happen.

Tonkin didn't happen at all, according to released government documents. That was our entire premise for going into Vietnam. My fiancee is a Vietnamese woman, and her family fled here after Saigon fell. They had nothing but good will towards the American people who raped and murdered them.

If McCain took part in that, he's no hero. Fucking PERIOD.

"You can write it down." - George Bush

He was nothing more than a shitty pilot... he has a few covered up ethics violations... voted to get rid of habeas corpus...

TRAITOR.. he needs to be hanged, more than have medals hanging from his chest.

bclemms
01-06-2008, 01:51 PM
Video
http://video.msn.com/?mkt=en-us&brand=msnbc&tab=s53&?f=00&vid=e10461f7-89e1-415c-aa58-80d1b6f8066e&playlist=videoByTag:mk:us:vs:1:tag:hotvideo_m_edpi cks:ns:MSNVideo_Top_Cat:ps:10:sd:-1:ind:1:ff:8A

RonPaulMania
01-06-2008, 01:55 PM
Video or it didn't happen.

Tonkin didn't happen at all, according to released government documents. That was our entire premise for going into Vietnam. My fiancee is a Vietnamese woman, and her family fled here after Saigon fell. They had nothing but good will towards the American people who raped and murdered them.

If McCain took part in that, he's no hero. Fucking PERIOD.

"You can write it down." - George Bush

He was nothing more than a shitty pilot... he has a few covered up ethics violations... voted to get rid of habeas corpus...

TRAITOR.. he needs to be hanged, more than have medals hanging from his chest.

You cannot impugn a soldier for the decisions of a military and the country on a soldier. Even less can you show such disrespect to a man who spent years in prison for the good of others. You haven't done anything close to that for what you believe is the good of the country.

You are probably a piss-ant punk kid behind a computer without the balls to even face that man and say that. He might be old, but he could whoop-up on a punk kid like yourself. Even though I don't like McCain's politics you are a dick to the 10th power.

Thomas Paine
01-06-2008, 02:02 PM
You cannot impugn a soldier for the decisions of a military and the country on a soldier. Even less can you show such disrespect to a man who spent years in prison for the good of others. You haven't done anything close to that for what you believe is the good of the country.

You are probably a piss-ant punk kid behind a computer without the balls to even face that man and say that. He might be old, but he could whoop-up on a punk kid like yourself. Even though I don't like McCain's politics you are a dick to the 10th power.

Benedict Arnold was a one-time war hero in the Revolutionary War but you don't see anyone coming to his defense now.

thoughtbombing
01-06-2008, 02:04 PM

I'm a grown man with a job and the balls to say that shit to Mike Tyson. Don't tell me about service.

Ron Paul was saving lives, John McCain was taking them. You can't be critical of McCain for what his commanders did, but you can criticize him for not dissenting.. not speaking out for what was right.. not sitting his ass in a military prison for refusing to serve in an illegal and unjust war. I'd say the same thing to Ron Paul for serving in an illegal war. How is that for FAIR AND BALANCED?

Vietnam was a fucking tragedy, nothing but. McCain wants to run on his record of service in Vietnam, lets debate Vietnam. My fiancees family were raped and murdered by American soldiers... not by North Vietnamese. People who look like you and me did that. You want to give him support for being a part of that, that is your fucked up perspective. Undeclared war = Illegal. War crimes = Illegal.

John McCain was an insurgent in a foreign land and deserved what he got. To quote our own candidate for President "What would we do if they came over here?"

I'd capture and torture the bastards raping and murdering my family. Screw the geneva conventions... if YOU STEP ON MY LAWN, you'll be shot... and you're an American--let some foreign country come and invade us and see how fast you start beating and torturing and murdering these bastards.

I can't believe anyone defends Vietnam and Iraq. If you are serving in Iraq, you are breaking the damn law and should stand against a Court Martial for failing up defend the Constitution. Patriotism does NOT mean that you blindly serve in an illegal war. Patriotism means you do what is best for your family and yourself... please tell me how this helps anyone in THIS COUNTRY.

gb13
01-06-2008, 02:06 PM

Regardless of his reasons, his actions make him a traitor to this country. I agree, he has changed a lot, for the worse, as of late - But, he no less of a traitor just because he is doing it to win some love from dubya.

Treason is treason.

jeffrey7
01-06-2008, 02:08 PM
McCain is a traitor just like the vast majority of bums in congress

JMO
01-06-2008, 02:09 PM
When I listen to Mccain I hear someone that speaks double talk. He even mentioned that Congress has a lower approval rate than the president, but he didn't point out that when people polled asked the approval rate of the democratic congress compared to the republican congress it becomes a much larger difference.

Mccain in my opinion is one of the least like-able candidates and is someone I will never trust.

Peace&Freedom
01-06-2008, 02:19 PM
McCain's '100 years' comment may have doomed all the Republican candidates to certain defeat in the election, unless and until they explicitly repudiate his view. It automatically makes Hillary/Obama's position 'antiwar' by comparison!

Ball
01-06-2008, 02:56 PM
Video
http://video.msn.com/?mkt=en-us&brand=msnbc&tab=s53&?f=00&vid=e10461f7-89e1-415c-aa58-80d1b6f8066e&playlist=videoByTag:mk:us:vs:1:tag:hotvideo_m_edpi cks:ns:MSNVideo_Top_Cat:ps:10:sd:-1:ind:1:ff:8A

Can someone rip out his 100 year war comments from this vid and youtube it? He didn't step away from those comments one inch!

Brutus
01-06-2008, 03:04 PM
I don't trust McCain because of very recent actions -- McCain/Feingold anyone? If we can't say nasty things about candidates before an election then there really isn't much point in having "freedom of speech".

Sey.Naci
01-06-2008, 03:10 PM
He could learn a deep sense of revenge boiling within him.Yes, a perceptive point.

thisisgiparti
01-06-2008, 03:27 PM
Bush painted McCain as a psycho in 2000. He called it, even if I don't care for the "black baby" and gay cracks. It's too bad Bush killed any opposition before McCain cooked his own goose. I think the 100 yrs in Iraq comment was monumentally stupid.

ignoranceisntbliss
01-06-2008, 04:01 PM

1. Terrorfascists is a choice term.

2. McCain is a terrormonger maniac who is proud of his ability "to reach across the isle" (employ the Right's War on Terror and the Left's Global Warming doomsday fearmonger scenarios').

RonPaulMania
01-11-2008, 02:57 PM
Don't tell me about service.

I can tell you about it unless you were in the service and have that track record, or even your own track record up to your own standards. You are hardly an adult if you don't understand a soldier is not complicit in his orders if he believes them to be good for the country. The mistake in judgment is not with the war, but with the trust he gives his leaders. Unless McCain was killing innocent lives not in a war you cannot justify your statement.

...not sitting his ass in a military prison for refusing to serve in an illegal and unjust war. I'd say the same thing to Ron Paul for serving in an illegal war. How is that for FAIR AND BALANCED?

Your only proving your not intelligent. To say Ron Paul should have served time in prison rather than help as a doctor is not considering we live in a country of rules and leaders. If you want a country with anarchy maybe, but young men do things because of trust of legit authority.

McCain wants to run on his record of service in Vietnam, lets debate Vietnam.

As much as I don't like McCain he's not running on Vietnam. You are saying things which aren't true to make your point.

My fiancees family were raped and murdered by American soldiers... not by North Vietnamese.

So your emotional attachment now blinds you from seeing that all soldiers cannot be impugned with guilt? Can you tell me if Ron Paul or McCain did those things to your fiancees family? If not you don't have a point. You cannot excoriate a group based on individuals. We fight that same prejudice in this campaign, and in life.

People who look like you and me did that. You want to give him support for being a part of that, that is your fucked up perspective. Undeclared war = Illegal. War crimes = Illegal.

You aren't looking at this from the stand-point of the young men who are following legitimate authority with no self-interest in fighting a war. The declaration of war and it's protocols is fought politically. We aren't talking politically and you haven't once made a legit argument.

John McCain was an insurgent in a foreign land and deserved what he got. To quote our own candidate for President "What would we do if they came over here?"

Actually the story is different than that. He was captured by the N. Vietnamese not the country he thought he was defending. He stayed in prison longer because he thought it was unfair to other Americans. Tell me what sacrifice you made? Let me answer that for you: not that much in comparison to McCain.

I'd capture and torture the bastards raping and murdering my family.

How old are you? We committed atrocities to the S. Vietnamese, and he was captured by the north.

Screw the geneva conventions... if YOU STEP ON MY LAWN, you'll be shot...

Funny, because Ron Paul doesn't see the collectivity as something you can blame on one individual. You are blaming America for policies of politicians. You are pulling a Guiliani. I don't blame Iraq or Afghanistan for 9/11, I blame the hijackers and those groups attached to those idiots. I don't blame the soldiers of Vietnam who acted with honor to those who acted dishonorably. Many of those soldiers thought they were fighting for the liberation of a Communist nation, not to torture or rape people.

and you're an American--let some foreign country come and invade us and see how fast you start beating and torturing and murdering these bastards.

Sure I would, but I wouldn't blame the soldiers who did so, as much as the politicians who started it. You should see the movie "We Were Soldiers" and learn who Lt. Col. Hal Moore was and realize that he respected even the fallen enemy.

I can't believe anyone defends Vietnam and Iraq.

I'm not defending the war, I'm defending the soldiers, many of whom fight honorably. You know it's easy to sit behind your soap-box and tell us about an illegal war when some people are fighting to stay alive and believe the lies being fed to them. To lump them together is a joke.

Patriotism means you do what is best for your family and yourself... please tell me how this helps anyone in THIS COUNTRY.

Wrong. Patriotism is a duty to the good of the state for the welfare of your family. Patriotism, traditionally speaking, was rooted in a belief of God which led you to understand that you will fight for the good of the country if you believe it's for the good of your family. It was a very hierarchical understanding of value.

99% of soldiers who fought probably don't understand the idea of an undeclared war as an illegal war in Vietnam. Most soldiers fought honorably, you don't have the class to understand that.