PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Blimp is blocked by NFL! Listen NOW!

Tangoland
01-06-2008, 08:44 AM
Attorney Jim Fosbinder is being interviewed on www.rprradio.com discussing the Ron Paul Blimp being blocked from the airspace of various venues.

Listen in to this breaking news.

Tangoland
01-06-2008, 09:36 AM
Attorney coming back on to discuss the fight in court!

Matt Collins
01-06-2008, 10:02 AM
I think the FAA is the only one who can block airspace, NOT the NFL.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
01-06-2008, 10:25 AM
What did they say about it? I like watching the NFL, but that is one group of ultra-rich people (team owners) that loves to help themselves to major local tax money.

Tangoland
01-06-2008, 11:56 AM
I love Football as well. Attorney Jim Fosbinder is not suggesting that boycotting the NFL will do anything.

He is fighting them in court, due to wanting the Ron Paul Blimp to get better exposure.

The NFL, Disney and others lobbied to block airspace allowing only select advertising to exist during events, etc.

He will be on rprradio more to discuss in detail this effort to get the blimp maximum exposure. I will post the time for his appearance and we will take callers on this issue.

All eyes on NH for Ron Paul. Great work all!! We are up against a massive 100 year NeoCon machine keep your head up stay positive and lets win the INFORMATION WAR!!

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
01-06-2008, 12:04 PM
I love Football as well. Attorney Jim Fosbinder is not suggesting that boycotting the NFL will do anything.

Ah, well, me either, but if it came down to Paul or football, the choice is obvious. I was mostly pointing out that NFL team owners wouldn't be the slightest bit sympathetic to Paul's general message. When people start questioning corporate welfare on a federal level, it doesn't take long to start wondering why local tax payers should be giving hundreds of millions of dollars to billionaires.

I can even see it as somewhat legitimate that they want to be the sole advertisers to their own gatherings. But, their interests are in direct conflict with anyone having any type of discussion regarding corporate welfare, and I wouldn't be surprised if that's the bigger issue on their minds.

Tangoland
01-06-2008, 12:07 PM
Interesting points!

I do know that this Attorney came from Hawaii to take on this effort and discussed this as being a direct attack on First Amendment rights.

readyja
01-07-2008, 06:12 AM

All major sporting events from NCAA Div I and up have substantial airspace restrictions since 9/11. Flyovers would require special in-advance clearance by the FAA.

readyja
01-07-2008, 06:14 AM

Yes, this is correct. The NFL does have a big lobby, however the airspace restrictions over sporting events span all major NFL, NBA, MLB, Hockey, and Division I NCAA sports. The NFL has no direct power to block (or allow) flyovers.

readyja
01-07-2008, 06:18 AM
As I previously posted, the restrictions on NFL airspace are not NFL specific, but apply to any stadium with a seating capacity over 30,000 hosting a major sporting event. The process to obtain a waiver is outlined here:

http://www.tsa.gov/what_we_do/ga/sporting-events.shtm

However, I don't know all the details, as there is no possible way, outside of complete incompetence, that the blimp crew wasn't aware of these restrictions well in advance. They are widely known, and every general aviation pilot knows about these post-9/11 restrictions.