PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Needs A Copy of the 9/11 Report At The Next Debate

celticsman7
01-06-2008, 08:38 AM
And then he needs to whip it out when they start attacking him and then read from it. That would absolutely destroy them.

tfelice
01-06-2008, 08:40 AM
Uh no...he needs to get off the subject and start focusing on other issues that will gain him support amongst GOP primary voters. Harping on the "why they attack us" stuff is getting him nowhere.

brumans
01-06-2008, 08:44 AM
Harping on the "why they attack us" stuff is getting him nowhere.

That's the premise of his entire stance on the war on terror!
I can't believe you guys actually want him to change what he believes so that he will get more votes.

He's been saying the same thing since day 1, and he's not going to change what he has been saying even if it costs him the election. That's just who he is, he's not like other politicians. He has principles.

Mithridates
01-06-2008, 08:46 AM
And then he needs to whip it out when they start attacking him and then read from it. That would absolutely destroy them.

I'm not sure but I think props are usually not allowed at debates. Just imagine what would happen if every candidate started bringing in charts and props to back up their points.

snaFU
01-06-2008, 08:46 AM
retard, he said that Paul should be talking about other issues and I can't seem to find a reason why that would be wrong. His stance on the more is pretty well known and if you are going to attract more people they need to know you better with other things. The war is not even being paid attention to anymore even though its important.

brumans
01-06-2008, 08:49 AM
retard, he said that Paul should be talking about other issues and I can't seem to find a reason why that would be wrong. His stance on the more is pretty well known and if you are going to attract more people they need to know you better with other things. The war is not even being paid attention to anymore even though its important.

The entire first 30 minutes were about foreign policy... if he is asked a question on it, he's going to answer it. You're saying he should just ignore the question being asked of him and just talk about other issues?

graystar
01-06-2008, 08:49 AM
I'm not sure but I think props are usually not allowed at debates. Just imagine what would happen if every candidate started bringing in charts and props to back up their points.
'

Here is Fred Thompsons prop for energy policy:

http://robotics.caltech.edu/~klk/images/CrayonBob1.gif

tfelice
01-06-2008, 09:00 AM
That's the premise of his entire stance on the war on terror!
I can't believe you guys actually want him to change what he believes so that he will get more votes.

He's been saying the same thing since day 1, and he's not going to change what he has been saying even if it costs him the election. That's just who he is, he's not like other politicians. He has principles.

He doesn't have to change what he believes, but instead how he presents his message. Politics if part principle, part salesmanship. If you cannot sell your message you cannot get elected - period. If he doesn't change gears then he is wasting his time and your money.

I can't believe you guys actually think that by some miraculous means Paul is going to go from single digits to 50% in the next couple of weeks without doing anything different.