PDA

View Full Version : Final Push! Ask The College Where Fox Debate is Held WHY do They Allow Censorship??

Mark
01-06-2008, 05:51 AM
Got this in a Meetup email -

we all need to flood the college where the debate is being held and ask WHY they will allow this censorship to take place on their campus?

Talking points:

1. Ron was 1 of only 3 Republican Candidates in Iowa to win a County.

2. Ron is polling at 14% in a recent Rasmussen poll

"Ron Paul earns 14% of the vote and Mike Huckabee gets 11% as the only other candidates in double digits. Rudy Giuliani attracts 8% of the vote, Fred Thompson 5%, some other candidate 2%, and 3% are not sure. "

Ron Paul at 14% in NH. (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_20082/2008_presidential_election/new_hampshire/election_2008_new_hampshire_republican_primary)

3. Beat Giuliani in this poll as well as Thompson

4. Beat Giuliani in Iowa

5. FOX is even censoring Ron's name out of AP articles now

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=77864

6. A College in America should be ABOVE supporting this kind of blatant censorship

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

LET THEM KNOW FOX IS WRONG TO DO THIS!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Go viral... Ask the host University why they are conspiring with Fox News?

E-mail:

NHIOP@anselm.edu,

President@anselm.edu,

Dean@anselm.edu,

Debate@anselm.edu,

EventsManagement@anselm.edu,

jdefelice@anselm.edu (jdefelice@anselm.edu)

N.H. Institute of Politics
P.O. Box: 1802
Phone: (603) 222-4100
Fax: (603) 222-4112

N.H. Institute of Politics - Research
P.O. Box: 1802
Phone: (603) 222-4195
Fax: (603) 222-4150

President's Office
P.O. Box: 1729
Phone: (603) 641-7010
Fax: (603) 641-7284

Dean of the College
P.O. Box: 1730
Phone: (603) 641-7250

Debate
P.O. Box: 1603
Phone: (603) 641-7494

P.O. Box: 1800
Phone: (603) 222-4270

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~

Fox & Co. are in crisis, they have no good options, the sell-off in the stock that started yesterday appears real.

It's good to punish Fox, finally, for their egregious manipulating of the public.

But, Saint Anselm College, where Fox will broadcast the debate/forum, has not issued a public statement. Allowing Fox's censorship betrays the ideals of Liberty and Democracy, ideals the College claims to uphold.

Even the student's Mock Primary put support for Ron Paul 5 to 1 over Thompson.

Ask the college president to justify himself!

Father Jonathan DeFelice, O.S.B .
President
Saint Anselm College
100 Saint Anselm Drive
Manchester, NH 03102-1310
jdefelice@anselm.edu

ExpatinArgentina
01-06-2008, 05:59 AM
Great idea Mark putting pressure on the college. Do we have any way of reaching the students, alumni and faculty of this college to gain their support on this issue? They will have more of an impact than us, though we should also be contacting them.

rfbz
01-06-2008, 06:07 AM
yeah would be nice to have some sort of student revolt going on over it

Menthol Patch
01-06-2008, 06:08 AM
"Their enthusiasm is growing every day, so now we just have to get FOX to let me in their debate so I can get that message out."

The above is a quote from Ron Paul immediately after the ABC Debate. It's clear that he desires to get into the Fox News Forum tonight! I think we owe it to Ron Paul to send ANOTHER round of messages to Fox News!

His great performance last night OBVIOUSLY has them rattled. Also, he WON the Facebook Poll! I think if we make enough noise there is a chance they may invite him. They have a LOT of pressure on them already with the NH GOP dropping their support of the forum. I think if we do our part today they might invite him!

So lets do TWO THINGS today.

1) Continue faxing, calling, and emailing FOX NEWS!

2) Support the Protest Fox News MONEY BOMB that is happening today!

Here is some contact information for you to utilize.

---

First of all, lets contact the man that made the call to exclude Ron Paul who has been taking phone calls!

John Moody
FOX NEWS CHIEF
FOX
fax 212.398.8726
john.moody@foxnews.com

# Bill O'Reilly, O'Reilly Factor Host : Phone: 212-301-3320; Email:
bill.oreilly@foxnews.com
# Brian Knoblock, International Editor : Phone: 212-301-5486; Email:
brian.knoblock@foxnews.com
# Brit Hume, Managing Editor : Phone: 202-824-6470; Fax: 202-824-6426
# David Asman, Fox News Host : Phone: 212-301-3944; Email:
david.asman@foxnews.com
# Ian Rae, Exec. VP News : Phone: 212-301-8552; Email: ian.rae@foxnews.com
# Jane Skinner, News Anchor : Phone: 212-301-5023; Email:
jane.skinner@foxnews.com
# John Moody, Sen VP News : Phone: 212-301-8560; Email: john.moody@foxnews.com
# Justin Schmidt, Chicago Bureau Chief : Phone: 312-494-0428; Fax: 312-494-0445
# Kathy Ardleigh, Sen. Politics Producer : Phone: 212-301-3186; Email:
kathy.ardleigh@foxnews.com
# Ken LaCorte, Los Angeles Bureau Chief : Phone: 310-571-2000; Fax: 310-571-2009
# Kim Schiller Hume, Wash DC Bureau Chief : Phone: 202-824-6389; Fax:
202-824-6426
# Shepard Smith, Fox Report Host : Phone: 212-301-3711; Email:
shepard.smith@foxnews.com
# Thom Bird, Fox News Sen. Producer : Phone: 212-301-3250; Email:
thom.bird@foxnews.com
# Todd Ciganek, National News Editor : Phone: 212-301-3352; Email:
todd.ciganek@foxnews.com

Brian Lewis, Executive Vice President
Corporate Communications
Phone: 212-301-3331
Fax: 212-819-0816
E-Mail: brian.lewis@foxnews.com

Irena Briganti, Vice President
Media Relations
Phone: 212-301-3608
Fax: 212-819-0816
E-Mail: irena.briganti@foxnews.com

Thomas Tyrer, Senior Vice President
Communications & Cross-Platform Operations for Fox Networks Group
Phone: 310-369-0008
Fax: 310-969-4334
E-Mail: thomas.tyrer@fox.com

Brian Peterson, Director
Corporate Communications for
Fox Cable Networks
Phone: 310-369-0009
Fax: 310-969-4334
E-Mail: brian.peterson@fox.com

Teri Everett, Senior Vice President
Corporate Affairs & Communications
Phone: 212-852-7647
E-Mail: teverett@newscorp.com

Reed Nolte, Senior Vice President
Investor Relations
Phone: 212-852-7092
Fax: 212-852-7145
E-Mail: rnolte@newscorp.com

Craig Felenstein, Vice President
Investor Relations
Phone: 212-852-7084
Fax: 212-852-7145
E-Mail: cfelenstein@newscorp.com

Joseph Earley, Executive Vice President, Marketing and Communications
Phone: 310-369-2969
Fax: 310-369-8471
E-Mail: joe.earley@fox.com

Scott Grogin, Senior Vice President
Corporate Communications
Phone: 310-369-4733
Fax: 310-369-1283
E-Mail: scott.grogin@fox.com

Ann Burkart
VP Corporate Communications
Phone: (310) 969-7220
E-Mail: Ann.Burkart@fox.com

Ron2Win
01-06-2008, 06:09 AM
We should have used this approach before, I emailed them anyways.

politicus
01-06-2008, 06:17 AM
Every email address on Saint Anselm College's website:

abbey@anselm.edu; academicadvisement@anselm.edu; academicresourcecenter@anselm.edu; hr@anselm.edu; admission@anselm.edu; alumni@anselm.edu; athletics@anselm.edu; stanselm@bkstr.com; busoffice@anselm.edu; cab@anselm.edu; campusevents@anselm.edu; damacdon@anselm.edu; campusministry@anselm.edu; ces@anselm.edu; chapelartcenter@anselm.edu; sacalumni_development@anselm.edu; communications@anselm.edu; comiskeycenter@anselm.edu; deanofstudents@anselm.edu; dean@anselm.edu; debate@anselm.edu; diningservices@anselm.edu; eventsmanagement@anselm.edu; evp@anselm.edu; financial_aid@anselm.edu; bmatano@anselm.edu; healthservices@anselm.edu; honorsprogram@anselm.edu; informationtechnology@anselm.edu; jfortin@anselm.edu; institutionalresearch@anselm.edu; librarywebmaster@anselm.edu; physicalplant@anselm.edu; multiculturalcenter@anselm.edu; nhiop@anselm.edu; nursingcontinuingeducation@anselm.edu; president@anselm.edu; printshop@anselm.edu; registrar@anselm.edu; atheltics@anselm.edu; studentactivities@anselm.edu; sga@anselm.edu; crier@anselm.edu; sullivanicearena@anselm.edu; treasuresoffice@anselm.edu; visualresourcecenter@anselm.edu; bchakrin@anselm.edu; yearbook@anselm.edu; dminor@anselm.edu; ksvoboda@anselm.edu; dana@anselm.edu; it@anselm.edu; pr@anselm.edu; jconstan@anselm.edu; bleblanc@anselm.edu; lrossi@anselm.edu; jflanagan@anselm.edu; webteam@anselm.edu; ctrue@anselm.edu; kejohnson@anselm.edu; sgildea@anselm.edu; ddavidson@anselm.edu; akelly@anselm.edu; dbruce@anselm.edu; mwcronin@anselm.edu; cstrausb@anselm.edu; kfay@anselm.edu; meeliacenter@anselm.edu; volleyball@anselm.edu; menstennis@anselm.edu; womenstennis@anselm.edu; ecannon@anselm.edu; dguimont@anselm.edu; esabean@anselm.edu; nduval@anselm.edu; msirois@anselm.edu; jbuck@anselm.edu; mpfalzgraf@anselm.edu; jcatanes@anselm.edu; wstillma@anselm.edu; baseball@anselm.edu; kdickson@anselm.edu; tjoyce@anselm.edu; cleazier@anselm.edu; tbrisson@anselm.edu; menscrosscountry@anselm.edu; womenscrosscountry@anselm.edu; fieldhockey@anselm.edu; kknapczyk@anselm.edu; acarr@anselm.edu; golf@anselm.edu; eseney@anselm.edu; dflint@anselm.edu; womenslacrosse@anselm.edu; menssoccer@anselm.edu; womenssoccer@anselm.edu; softball@anselm.edu; residencelife@anselm.edu; jromps@anselm.edu; mmcguinn@anselm.edu; publicrelations@anselm.edu; sacpo@anselm.edu; menslacrosse@anselm.edu; hchen@anselm.edu; mgalamaga@anselm.edu; skiing@anselm.edu; tennis@anselm.edu; kredmond@anselm.edu; kalfaro@anselm.edu; adunfey@anselm.edu; ngriffin@anselm.edu; khrasky@anselm.edu; miorio@anselm.edu; jnegron@anselm.edu; mrochele@anselm.edu; lslattum@anselm.edu; jberube@anselm.edu; sdelano@anselm.edu; ehocking@anselm.edu; msadler@anselm.edu; doncox@anselm.edu; bcamera@anselm.edu; choir@anselm.edu; athornto@anselm.edu
info@blackboard.com; pguanci@anselm.edu; alord@anselm.edu; mkmccarthy@anselm.edu; jmahoney@anselm.edu; jkolkebeck@anselm.edu; jflanaga@anselm.edu

politicus
01-06-2008, 06:22 AM
Alumni email addresses are online here:

http://www.anselm.edu/alumni/Staying+In+Touch/e-mail+directory/

Ron2Win
01-06-2008, 06:23 AM
This is what i wrote them:

Ron Paul is polling higher than Giulianni in New Hampshire, yet he has been excluded from the Fox Debate.

Why is that?

You guys have no idea the huge amount of damage you are doing to your institution.

Regards,

tgannaway89
01-06-2008, 06:28 AM
Here is what I sent:

I do not believe any facility of higher education in the United States should allow censorship to take place on their campus. St. Anselm College, considered one of the top "Colleges with a Conscience" by The Princeton Review, should not allow this to take place on their campus either. Fox News has chosen to exclude viable candidates from their forum, which ultimately shows their intentions to influence the 2008 United States presidential election. This forum takes place at a critical time in the election, only 2 days before the first-in-the-nation New Hampshire Primary. I hope that St. Anselm College will take the high road in this situation by following the New Hampshire GOP in severing their relations regarding this event with Fox News.

shasshas
01-06-2008, 06:35 AM
i suspect the st anselm college has rupert murdochs' sister's son's butler's daughter sitting on their board of directors. NO WAY is she going to double cross daddy !

Mark
01-06-2008, 06:38 AM
Bump

walt
01-06-2008, 06:38 AM
5. FOX is even censoring Ron's name out of AP articles now

don't get your facts mixed up. FOX is anti-paul due to the war.

AP is a Jewish lobby censorichip issue - they'd rather we continue welfare to them while giving 4x the welfare to saudi arabia.

Mark
01-06-2008, 06:39 AM
Great idea Mark putting pressure on the college. Do we have any way of reaching the students, alumni and faculty of this college to gain their support on this issue? They will have more of an impact than us, though we should also be contacting them.

I would imagine a search for the college student association of some sort. One moment.

Okay:

http://www.anselm.edu/administration/sga

Contact Info:
Student Government Association
Saint Anselm College
100 Saint Anselm Drive
Manchester, NH 03102
(603) 641-7496
sga@anselm.edu

politicus
01-06-2008, 06:43 AM
Yes, Murdoch may have connections within Saint Anselm, but I bet they are much more senstive to bad publicity than Murdoch. He's used to it.

If the College develops a negative reputation, recruitment dries up and then tuition.

I wish that we had thought of putting pressure on Saint Anselm earlier, but at this point what do we have to lose?

Mark
01-06-2008, 06:43 AM
don't get your facts mixed up. FOX is anti-paul due to the war.

AP is a Jewish lobby censorichip issue - they'd rather we continue welfare to them while giving 4x the welfare to saudi arabia.

Walt, I don't see how that is confusing facts.

Fact: The article was censored. Period. No drawing of conclusions. A simple statement of fact.

Mark
01-06-2008, 06:44 AM
Yes, Murdoch may have connections within Saint Anselm, but I bet they are much more senstive to bad publicity than Murdoch. He's used to it.

If the College develops a negative reputation, recruitment dries up and then tuition.

I wish that we had thought of putting pressure on Saint Anselm earlier, but at this point what do we have to lose?

Nothing. Not a thing. They have a headache to gain if they partake in this horrific injustice. Let 'em have it in every manner possible!

leglock
01-06-2008, 06:47 AM
i suspect the st anselm college has rupert murdochs' sister's son's butler's daughter sitting on their board of directors. NO WAY is she going to double cross daddy !

Murdoch's son is a liberal who believes in global warming.

JordanL
01-06-2008, 06:47 AM
I just called the office of the president of st. ansem's college and left a lengthy message.

The phones are the way to go people... real messages and real voices.

defcreative
01-06-2008, 06:48 AM
Nothing. Not a thing. They have a headache to gain if they partake in this horrific injustice. Let 'em have it in every manner possible!

Agreed.

I think this is probably the best option right now to try to get at Fox for their ridiculous censorship, I don't expect them to budge.

BUT DON'T LET THIS DISTRACT ANYONE FROM CANVASSING AND DOING REAL THINGS FOR THE CAMPAIGN!

BeFranklin
01-06-2008, 06:51 AM

Possibly connected. Murdoch frequently donates to Catholic causes, and was made
a papal knight:

http://www.losangelesmission.com/ed/news/0298news.htm

shasshas
01-06-2008, 06:52 AM
LET EM HAVE IT WITH DOUBLE BARRELS FULL Broadside with CHAIN and GRAPESHOT!!!

acroso
01-06-2008, 06:55 AM
email the college: here is every email address on their website

abbey@anselm.edu; academicadvisement@anselm.edu; academicresourcecenter@anselm.edu; hr@anselm.edu; admission@anselm.edu; alumni@anselm.edu; athletics@anselm.edu; stanselm@bkstr.com; busoffice@anselm.edu; cab@anselm.edu; campusevents@anselm.edu; damacdon@anselm.edu; campusministry@anselm.edu; ces@anselm.edu; chapelartcenter@anselm.edu; sacalumni_development@anselm.edu; communications@anselm.edu; comiskeycenter@anselm.edu; deanofstudents@anselm.edu; dean@anselm.edu; debate@anselm.edu; diningservices@anselm.edu; eventsmanagement@anselm.edu; evp@anselm.edu; financial_aid@anselm.edu; bmatano@anselm.edu; healthservices@anselm.edu; honorsprogram@anselm.edu; informationtechnology@anselm.edu; jfortin@anselm.edu; institutionalresearch@anselm.edu; librarywebmaster@anselm.edu; physicalplant@anselm.edu; multiculturalcenter@anselm.edu; nhiop@anselm.edu; nursingcontinuingeducation@anselm.edu; president@anselm.edu; printshop@anselm.edu; registrar@anselm.edu; atheltics@anselm.edu; studentactivities@anselm.edu; sga@anselm.edu; crier@anselm.edu; sullivanicearena@anselm.edu; treasuresoffice@anselm.edu; visualresourcecenter@anselm.edu; bchakrin@anselm.edu; yearbook@anselm.edu; dminor@anselm.edu; ksvoboda@anselm.edu; dana@anselm.edu; it@anselm.edu; pr@anselm.edu; jconstan@anselm.edu; bleblanc@anselm.edu; lrossi@anselm.edu; jflanagan@anselm.edu; webteam@anselm.edu; ctrue@anselm.edu; kejohnson@anselm.edu; sgildea@anselm.edu; ddavidson@anselm.edu; akelly@anselm.edu; dbruce@anselm.edu; mwcronin@anselm.edu; cstrausb@anselm.edu; kfay@anselm.edu; meeliacenter@anselm.edu; volleyball@anselm.edu; menstennis@anselm.edu; womenstennis@anselm.edu; ecannon@anselm.edu; dguimont@anselm.edu; esabean@anselm.edu; nduval@anselm.edu; msirois@anselm.edu; jbuck@anselm.edu; mpfalzgraf@anselm.edu; jcatanes@anselm.edu; wstillma@anselm.edu; baseball@anselm.edu; kdickson@anselm.edu; tjoyce@anselm.edu; cleazier@anselm.edu; tbrisson@anselm.edu; menscrosscountry@anselm.edu; womenscrosscountry@anselm.edu; fieldhockey@anselm.edu; kknapczyk@anselm.edu; acarr@anselm.edu; golf@anselm.edu; eseney@anselm.edu; dflint@anselm.edu; womenslacrosse@anselm.edu; menssoccer@anselm.edu; womenssoccer@anselm.edu; softball@anselm.edu; residencelife@anselm.edu; jromps@anselm.edu; mmcguinn@anselm.edu; publicrelations@anselm.edu; sacpo@anselm.edu; menslacrosse@anselm.edu; hchen@anselm.edu; mgalamaga@anselm.edu; skiing@anselm.edu; tennis@anselm.edu; kredmond@anselm.edu; kalfaro@anselm.edu; adunfey@anselm.edu; ngriffin@anselm.edu; khrasky@anselm.edu; miorio@anselm.edu; jnegron@anselm.edu; mrochele@anselm.edu; lslattum@anselm.edu; jberube@anselm.edu; sdelano@anselm.edu; ehocking@anselm.edu; msadler@anselm.edu; doncox@anselm.edu; bcamera@anselm.edu; choir@anselm.edu; athornto@anselm.edu
info@blackboard.com; pguanci@anselm.edu; alord@anselm.edu; mkmccarthy@anselm.edu; jmahoney@anselm.edu; jkolkebeck@anselm.edu; jflanaga@anselm.edu

BeFranklin
01-06-2008, 06:57 AM
///

politicus
01-06-2008, 06:58 AM
Acroso, this is a really good resource as well, the email's of hundred's of alumni are onine:

http://www.anselm.edu/alumni/Staying+In+Touch/e-mail+directory/2000+E-mail+Directory.htm

acroso
01-06-2008, 07:05 AM
I'm not taking the time to compile that alumni list too lol.

Mark
01-06-2008, 07:06 AM
Agreed.

I think this is probably the best option right now to try to get at Fox for their ridiculous censorship, I don't expect them to budge.

BUT DON'T LET THIS DISTRACT ANYONE FROM CANVASSING AND DOING REAL THINGS FOR THE CAMPAIGN!

Like getting Ron in this debate ISN'T REAL??? It's about the most real thing we can do today.

It's national TV for goodness sakes!!

webber53
01-06-2008, 07:30 AM
Fired off several letters to many of those listed previously.
Phone calls are next.
Man, I hate Faux Snooze!

webber53
01-06-2008, 07:35 AM
This one has bounced back. Make note.
Could be that mailbox is full. I don't know.

EventsManagement@anselm.edu

Mark
01-06-2008, 07:35 AM
Fired off several letters to many of those listed previously.
Phone calls are next.
Man, I hate Faux Snooze!

Excellent! Let 'em feel the heat!

Oliver
01-06-2008, 07:42 AM
Excellent! Let 'em feel the heat!

$9,xxx by now.

My prediction is that we won't hit the $200,000 mark today:

http://ronpaulgraphs.com/rp_vs_huck_today.png

tgannaway89
01-06-2008, 08:09 AM
Be sure to send from your business/school email, as they are unlikely to read anything sent from Hotmail or Gmail.

Mark
01-06-2008, 08:54 AM
Be sure to send from your business/school email, as they are unlikely to read anything sent from Hotmail or Gmail.

Good tip! Thanks!!

Mark
01-06-2008, 09:34 AM
Keep 'em rollin'!

Mark
01-06-2008, 11:00 AM
Write - Call - Communicate

jake
01-06-2008, 11:10 AM
bump, this is a great idea