PDA

View Full Version : Backup Plans

MicroBalrog
01-06-2008, 04:59 AM
Now, I don't want to sound like I am trying to make you feel down.

But seriously guys, what is your backup plan to change America and the world if RP does not win?

I think those who joined the GOP must remain in it and be active locally, pushing Ron Paul policies and Ron Paul republicans - the Rep. Liberty Caucust strategy, basically.

Further, I recommend people consider the Free State Project ( http://freestateproject.org/ , please list "Boris Karpa" as your referrer when you sign up. )

JoBurke
01-06-2008, 07:03 AM
The backup plan will be the underground where those with nothing to lose fight the good fight, while all others are enslaved...that is the truth - less than 10 years - freedom will be a memory.

kushaze
01-06-2008, 07:08 AM
Changing the republican party isn't going to happen if we don't win this battle. Goldwater tried to change it back to its Taft roots, but that obviously became a failure (even though some claim to be following in Goldwater's steps). If we don't win the nomination we need to take back the republican party by not being in the republican party. The whigs used to be a party and they were disbanded by the republicans. If the republicans want to go off course, they can be disbanded as well.

FreeMind&Market
01-06-2008, 08:38 AM
The repub's didn't get in this shape naturally; people changed it. As a response to the dominance of the democrats, certain party leaders went after the evangelicals (due to evangelical leaders ability to sway opinion and "rally the troops".) It was a briliant move then, but the GOP has now been overtaken by these "social conservatives".

The GOP is once again lost its support. In the 70s & 80s, evangelicals had the organizational advantage of church infrastructure. In the new century, we now have "the great equalizer" - the internet. For motivation: They have the fear of god; we fear the loss of individual liberty.

The only other party you could possibly consider is the Libertarian party. Interestingly enough, you can be a card carrying member of both. I suggest you join both parties, but register republican (at least for now.) If you're active in both parties, you'll help bring return the GOP back to its fiscally conservative roots.

We've already had an impact, but it won't happen over one election cycle.

Melissa
01-06-2008, 08:40 AM
the back up plan is to join a free state project

tfelice
01-06-2008, 08:42 AM
Some of us have been at this a long time. There are victories and loses. Truthfully, my life won't change all that much if RP loses. I'm not as paranoid as post #2 is.

JoBurke
01-06-2008, 09:18 AM
sorry for saying so - but that is because you have not yet eaten the entire pill.

do not be fooled, Ron Paul is the last hope...that is simply the truth...