PDA

View Full Version : Obama is guaranteed to be at least VP Democrat Nominee

trispear
01-06-2008, 04:59 AM
I was thinking about RP running mates, and then thinking about the democratic side and what the Presidential/VicePresidential tickets would look like if certain candidates won the primaries and this is what I think:

Clinton/Obama
Obama/Edwards
Edwards/Obama

From this, I think Obama is virtually guaranteed to be at least the Democratic VP nominee. I think Clinton will be Obama over Edwards because he gets the younger crowd excited and to draw votes to her.

I think Obama would pick Edwards to attract the center and some rightwingers and Hillary would just be dead weight in terms of attracting those votes.

I think Edwards would select Obama for much the same reasons as Hillary (the youth vote) and because Hillary is dead weight.

Of course, I could be wrong and Hillary would take Edwards to attract the center.... in which case Edwards is guaranteed to be at least the Democratic VP nominee.

Thoughts?

asgardshill
01-06-2008, 05:06 AM
It might be crack-brained and slightly insane, but I'm not yet ready to give up on the idea of Hitlery tapping her philandering husband as her Veep, or at the very least making him "acting" Vice-President from a Cabinet position. Yes its prohibited and can't be done since Slick has already served as President, but since when did a mere rule ever stop Her Thighness from doing anything?

0zzy
01-06-2008, 05:12 AM
Clinton won't pick Obama. Not a chance.

trispear
01-06-2008, 06:04 AM
Clinton won't pick Obama. Not a chance.

Why is that?

If it's because they don't want to see him come to power (8 years later) and taking their domination of the democratic party away -- they can just pick him to get voted in and in the second term decide on a new VP candidate (ala FDR in his final term).

Ron Paul Fan
01-06-2008, 06:21 AM
Clinton won't pick Obama or Edwards. They've been ganging up on her lately. Edwards had his head so far up Obama's ass at tonight's debate, it's obvious that he's pushing to get his VP spot. Edwards was trying to paint himself as another "change" candidate and I almost threw up. Obama is just another flip flopper though! We must expose him! HE FLIP FLOPPED ON THE PATRIOT ACT! HE FLIP FLOPPED ON FUNDING THE IRAQ WAR! HE FLIP FLOPPED ON HIS INSURANCE PLAN! Hillary brought these things up tonight and deservedly so. THE PEOPLE OF NH NEED TO HEAR THESE THINGS! Obama voted FOR the REAL ID Act which NH so vehemently opposed! EXPOSE OBAMA IN NH!

0zzy
01-06-2008, 06:29 AM
Clinton won't pick Obama or Edwards. They've been ganging up on her lately. Edwards had his head so far up Obama's ass at tonight's debate, it's obvious that he's pushing to get his VP spot. Edwards was trying to paint himself as another "change" candidate and I almost threw up. Obama is just another flip flopper though! We must expose him! HE FLIP FLOPPED ON THE PATRIOT ACT! HE FLIP FLOPPED ON FUNDING THE IRAQ WAR! HE FLIP FLOPPED ON HIS INSURANCE PLAN! Hillary brought these things up tonight and deservedly so. THE PEOPLE OF NH NEED TO HEAR THESE THINGS! Obama voted FOR the REAL ID Act which NH so vehemently opposed! EXPOSE OBAMA IN NH!

Most optimistic view on Obama:

Obama sincerely believes what he is doing is good. He is too ignorant to realize what the Patriot Act does and believes he cannot stop the funding. He doesn't think that his issues will hurt America but will help it. But he is sincerely ignorant.

Ron Paul Fan
01-06-2008, 06:40 AM
Most optimistic view on Obama:

Obama sincerely believes what he is doing is good. He is too ignorant to realize what the Patriot Act does and believes he cannot stop the funding. He doesn't think that his issues will hurt America but will help it. But he is sincerely ignorant.

Most REALISTIC view on Obama:

Obama does not sincerely believe anything he says or does. He is too ignorant about big government. He knows exactly what the Patriot Act does and that's why he opposed it, but ended up voting for it anyway. Why did he vote to fund the Iraq war a few years ago, but then voted to not fund the Iraq war last year? I wonder what has changed. I hate to say this, but I think Hillary is right. Obama is running on a platform of change, but the only thing that has changed are Obama's insincere principles.

trispear
01-06-2008, 06:55 AM
Guys! I wasn't making a "OMG, I luvs Obama" thread:D I actually think he's a plain opportunistic chamelon (fits right in with the Clintons! and 75% of the rest of the politicians) having deservedly recieved the name "Platitude Man".

I'm just wondering what the Democratic ticket we're facing will look like. Usually VP doesn't matter, but someone like Obama has a following....

But if not Obama or Edwards, then who? It doesn't have to be a front runner (Richardson perhaps?) Because Bill Clinton selected Gore in 1992 and Gore had the worst campaign (in terms of votes) on the Democratic side.

Thomas Paine
01-06-2008, 07:12 AM
I don't think the Clinton machine is going to allow Obama to win the Democrat nomination. If they have to play the MacBeths to Obama's Banquo, then they will do so. They haven't come this close to returning to the White House only to have some uppity, young African American, who only four years ago was an obscure state senator from Illinois, get in their way. Of course, some unknown white supremist will be the fall guy for getting Obama "out of the way" for the Clinton machine.

Air420
01-06-2008, 07:20 AM
Why did he vote to fund the Iraq war a few years ago, but then voted to not fund the Iraq war last year? I wonder what has changed. I hate to say this, but I think Hillary is right.

Obama did speak out against the war in the beginning, but then later voted to continue funding, Hillary was for it from the start.

the Winner is (R0N P@uL)
01-06-2008, 08:34 AM
Who cares about Obama??????

Isn't this a Ron Paul Forum?????

Ron Paul Fan
01-06-2008, 01:16 PM
Obama did speak out against the war in the beginning, but then later voted to continue funding, Hillary was for it from the start.

So he FLIP FLOPPED from anti war to pro war, then FLIP FLOPPED again! He's no better than John Kerry! I voted for it before I voted against it! Ron Paul voted against the Iraq war and has NEVER voted to fund the war.