PDA

View Full Version : * * * * New developments at RPFs.com * * * *

Bryan
01-06-2008, 03:50 AM
Just a friendly reminder to everyone that RonPaulForums.com is not a free-for-all and there are posting guidelines that you have agreed to that will be enforced which have been in effect for over 800,000 posts. These guidelines are below with highlights of some of the recent violations that have been seen.

A few notes:

* Grassroots Central is not a dumping group- post in the correct sub-forum wisely. Incorrectly posted threads may be deleted.

* Yelling out "troll" is very problematic. Your best be is to just report the post, use this icon http://www.ronpaulforums.com/gfx_RedWhiteBlue/buttons/report.gif. If you feel you must post, cite that they are violating one of the forum guidelines or, if you really can't resist, say that it is "troll behavior". See
Dealing with troll behavior http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=32994

The forum guidelines are as follows:

+ Posting of direct or inferred threats of violence against other people or property that is not your own is completely unacceptable by any user and subject to immediate banning.

+ No promotion of illegal activities.

+ Insulting or personally attacking other users is not allowed by any member. There is very little tolerance for violations, particular for new members. Reason: Insults lead to relational which often result in disruption, which dilute the resources of members and the intent of the forum.

+ Off-topic posts - Posts that do not relate to the threads intent are subject to being deleted.

+ Topics posted in the wrong sub-forum are subject to being moved or deleted. Please understand the sub-forum division before starting a new topic. Suggestions for new sub-forums are always welcome. Reason: Leads to most effective use of users resources.

+ Any form of antagonizing other members is not allowed by non-established members.

+ If you are to be critical of another users ideas or message please do so in a respectful manner. It is possible to discuss your points as to why you feel the way you do, ideally you should include alternate suggestions or acknowledge you have none.

+ No posting of graphically offensive material. If there is a valid reason that relates to the campaign as to why something graphic is of value then post a link to the content and provide a clear warning adjacent to the link explaining the issue.

+ Floods of low-value material may be subject to being moved into an alternate sub-forum or deleted. More tolerance will be allowed for established members. Reason: Excessive low value posts dilute users time spent on the forum just reading topic threads.

+ No posting of others personal contact information.

+ No posting of any proclaimed campaign announcement that is not supported with a link to the campaigns homepage or other directly verifiable source.

+ Promoting agendas alternate to the platform of Dr. Paul will have allowances for established members. Controversial topics should focus on facts whenever possible.

+ Use relevant and descriptive topic titles. Poorly titled messages may be renamed. Reason: Respect time of other users.

+ No promoting of campaign tactics or other activity that grossly counter the morals or ethics of Dr. Paul.

+ No excessive / pointless negativity on the campaign, its future or elements of it. All messages with a negative tone about the campaign from new users must provide supportive facts as to why there is a perceived negative and provide some suggested solutions to the issue.

+ Ad hominem attacks on other candidates and their support groups are discouraged. This is not a moderatable offense for established users but will have low tolerances for non-established users. All are encouraged to address other candidates with their proper name. Reason: This activity is discouraged as it can be used to generate a negative image for our support community.

+ Care should be used when soliciting money for some effort to support the campaign as it is totally possible that a scam artist will be looking to take advantage of the good nature of Ron Paul supporters. If you're going to do anything that will solicit taking money you'd be wise to make sure you have some established credibility within the community that matches what you expect. If you don't have that, try to set up some arrangements with a third party that does that so people send money to the trusted third party who make sure it goes where intended.

+ Read the welcoming message for each sub-forum to understand specific guidelines needed to achieve the objective of that sub-forum.

Source:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=22

Carry on, we have an election to win! :)

Indy Vidual
01-06-2008, 03:56 AM
...Carry on, we have an election to win! :)

Here is something good to share with everyone :)

Congressman Ron Paul: Archives (http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul-arch.html) (Dr. Ron Paul in his own words and brilliant writings)
````````````

Ron Paul Fan
01-06-2008, 04:00 AM
Insulting or personally attacking other users is not allowed by any member

Any form of antagonizing other members is not allowed by non-established members

I agree with the above two especially. I was personally attacked tonight and it was not warranted at all. I would remind the person who attacked me and the moderators that ALL forum members swear to uphold and protect the Forum Constitution at all times.

fcnz
01-06-2008, 04:02 AM
Insulting or personally attacking other users is not allowed by any member

Any form of antagonizing other members is not allowed by non-established members

I agree with the above two especially. I was personally attacked tonight and it was not warranted at all. I would remind the person who attacked me and the moderators that ALL forum members swear to uphold and protect the Forum Constitution at all times.

You were attacked because you drop the troll name around on everyone voicing their opinions. You should be removed from this forum for your childish behavior. I completely agree and support the guy who called you an idiot, because he was right. To be honest, I'm about to do as realist did and leave the grassroots, your kind have been running wild around these forums for too long. A pro-RP flame is still a flame.

fortilite
01-06-2008, 04:03 AM
Uh-oh, another flame war.

Benaiah
01-06-2008, 04:03 AM
Aside from this post right here, I've never said the word "troll." It's annoying to see "troll" all over the place. In late November, this guy from Slate called me on the phone to interview me about the Paul revolution, he asked me what a troll is, because he saw that word all over these forums.

weaksauce.

Ron Paul Fan
01-06-2008, 04:05 AM
You were attacked because you drop the troll name around on everyone voicing their opinions. You should be removed from this forum for your childish behavior. I completely agree and support the guy who called you an idiot, because he was right. To be honest, I'm about to do as realist did and leave the grassroots, your kind have been running wild around these forums for too long. A pro-RP flame is still a flame.

Who the hell are you? Running wild on the forums? What is this? The guy was obviously starting a fight and he called himself a troll! I pointed out that his thread was trollish and trying to cause trouble! Who are you to decide who should be removed from the forum? You are just twisting things around to make your arguments. I've never received an infraction for bad behavior since I've been here so obviously the mods feel differently than you.

fortilite
01-06-2008, 04:06 AM
Situation is over, let's calm it down everyone.

Mark
01-06-2008, 04:11 AM
Can we have a ban on "rick rolled" links too. That joke is so played and it's just a waste of time to click fake links constantly.

fortilite
01-06-2008, 04:18 AM
I think they are banned.

szczebrzeszyn
01-06-2008, 04:57 AM
bucfish, stop spamming with PMs containing this very post ^

walt
01-06-2008, 05:11 AM
Just a friendly reminder to everyone that RonPaulForums.com is not a free-for-all and there are posting guidelines that you have agreed to that will be enforced which have been in effect for over 800,000 posts. These guidelines are below with highlights of some of the recent violations that have been seen.

A few notes:

* Grassroots Central is not a dumping group- post in the correct sub-forum wisely. Incorrectly posted threads may be deleted.

* Yelling out "troll" is very problematic. Your best be is to just report the post, use this icon http://www.ronpaulforums.com/gfx_RedWhiteBlue/buttons/report.gif. If you feel you must post, cite that they are violating one of the forum guidelines or, if you really can't resist, say that it is "troll behavior". See
Dealing with troll behavior http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=32994

The forum guidelines are as follows:

+ Posting of direct or inferred threats of violence against other people or property that is not your own is completely unacceptable by any user and subject to immediate banning.

+ No promotion of illegal activities.

+ Insulting or personally attacking other users is not allowed by any member. There is very little tolerance for violations, particular for new members. Reason: Insults lead to relational which often result in disruption, which dilute the resources of members and the intent of the forum.

+ Off-topic posts - Posts that do not relate to the threads intent are subject to being deleted.

+ Topics posted in the wrong sub-forum are subject to being moved or deleted. Please understand the sub-forum division before starting a new topic. Suggestions for new sub-forums are always welcome. Reason: Leads to most effective use of users resources.

+ Any form of antagonizing other members is not allowed by non-established members.

+ If you are to be critical of another users ideas or message please do so in a respectful manner. It is possible to discuss your points as to why you feel the way you do, ideally you should include alternate suggestions or acknowledge you have none.

+ No posting of graphically offensive material. If there is a valid reason that relates to the campaign as to why something graphic is of value then post a link to the content and provide a clear warning adjacent to the link explaining the issue.

+ Floods of low-value material may be subject to being moved into an alternate sub-forum or deleted. More tolerance will be allowed for established members. Reason: Excessive low value posts dilute users time spent on the forum just reading topic threads.

+ No posting of others personal contact information.

+ No posting of any proclaimed campaign announcement that is not supported with a link to the campaigns homepage or other directly verifiable source.

+ Promoting agendas alternate to the platform of Dr. Paul will have allowances for established members. Controversial topics should focus on facts whenever possible.

+ Use relevant and descriptive topic titles. Poorly titled messages may be renamed. Reason: Respect time of other users.

+ No promoting of campaign tactics or other activity that grossly counter the morals or ethics of Dr. Paul.

+ No excessive / pointless negativity on the campaign, its future or elements of it. All messages with a negative tone about the campaign from new users must provide supportive facts as to why there is a perceived negative and provide some suggested solutions to the issue.

+ Ad hominem attacks on other candidates and their support groups are discouraged. This is not a moderatable offense for established users but will have low tolerances for non-established users. All are encouraged to address other candidates with their proper name. Reason: This activity is discouraged as it can be used to generate a negative image for our support community.

+ Care should be used when soliciting money for some effort to support the campaign as it is totally possible that a scam artist will be looking to take advantage of the good nature of Ron Paul supporters. If you're going to do anything that will solicit taking money you'd be wise to make sure you have some established credibility within the community that matches what you expect. If you don't have that, try to set up some arrangements with a third party that does that so people send money to the trusted third party who make sure it goes where intended.

+ Read the welcoming message for each sub-forum to understand specific guidelines needed to achieve the objective of that sub-forum.

Source:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=22

Carry on, we have an election to win! :)

Thanks for the reorg Bryan - I hope every reads and learns this.

Bryan
01-06-2008, 05:21 AM
Thanks everyone.

Can we have a ban on "rick rolled" links too. That joke is so played and it's just a waste of time to click fake links constantly.

See:

Benaiah
01-06-2008, 05:44 AM
I think everyone just needs to put themselves into the shoes of a new Paul convert, or somebody who doesn't know much about Paul, and is actually "googling Ron Paul."

This person goes to YouTube or RonPaul2008.com and watches videos of "the Revolution." This person is like me, and the very first video they watch is of Ron Paul fans marching through the halls of the Iowa debate after they 86'd Paul from that debate. Then the person watches videos of of Ron Paul fans in New Hampshire waving signs and chanting "say yes to Dr. No," and, "join us, join us, join us." Like me, this person gets excited as he sees video after video of people from all walks of life standing next to each other for this man called Ron Paul. Young stoner-looking kids, hippies, people in business suits, a young couple with two kids... all joined together for this man called Ron Paul.

Then this person finds the 8,000-active-member Ron Paul Forums, and the first thing he sees are threads that say "what the hell Wyoming," and, "Iowa is full of a bunch of corn-fed old farts anyway," and "those stupid Christians are brainwashed anyway."

If we did turn somebody off to the Revolution, we not only lose one voter, but everyone that he would have converted to Ron Paul, too.

[edit] In the Wyoming thread, there was a guy who said that they lost his county by ONE OR TWO votes!!!! We need every last person on board with us, guys. What if some of the belligerent behavior on this forum scared off somebody who would have become a hardcore supporter, somebody who had friends or family in Wyoming that they could have converted to our cause. I know that scenario is a stretch, but it could happen. We need every last person with us. 4,000 votes in Iowa would have placed us 3rd. 2 votes in Wyoming could have potentially gotten us a delegate. None of us like posts from n00bs, but we have to be diplomatic and ambassadors not only for Dr. Paul, but for our movement.

- Chris

szczebrzeszyn
01-06-2008, 05:49 AM
Bryan, was that you? :D Thanks to whoever that was!

Bryan
01-06-2008, 11:33 AM
Bryan, was that you? :D Thanks to whoever that was!
:)

Rebel Resource
01-06-2008, 11:39 AM
We need to encourage the use of the New Posts button that throws up a list of all new posts across all subforums.

If everyone did that, it wouldn't matter what forum you posted in.

ronpaulfan
01-06-2008, 11:40 AM
This is what happened to the guy who rick rolled too much:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoNJQF97IvA

ecliptic
01-06-2008, 12:04 PM
I love these forums! Despite the "static" it's really amazing to watch the combined creativity of several thousand intelligent minds. There's nothing else like it!

Work joyfully and peacefully, knowing that right thoughts and right efforts will inevitably bring about right results. (http://www.quotationsbook.com/quote/42112/)
- James Allen

Nothing gives a person so much advantage over another as to remain always cool and unruffled under all circumstances. (http://www.quotationsbook.com/quote/8349/)
- Thomas Jefferson

Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. (http://www.quotationsbook.com/quote/3474/)
- Thomas Jefferson