PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul on Jay Leno

hayekian
01-06-2008, 03:33 AM
I see that Dr. Paul will be at the Jay Leno show again on Jan 7th(http://www.ronpaul2008.com/)

I would really like to see ron give a 2 minute explanation of how the fed is responsible for inflation. As many here surely know, this can be done quickly, and it is the most eye opening concept that I think can lead the average American to open up his mind to taking Ron's economic ideas more seriously.

Here is what I would love to see ron do...

The fed creates the money, the gov trades this money for real wealth from the private sector, leaving the private sector with less wealth and more money. Therefore a higher ratio of money to wealth and therefore higher prices. Im sure he can elaborate on this a little more.... he can do a masterful job in less than 2 minutes.

Maybe take some single dollars and a few small toys which would represent real wealth in private sector and then make the trade leaving the private sector with more paper and less toys. Anyways... This simple idea is all we need to help spread and it will do... actually... it is doing more for libertarianism than any other concept.