PDA

View Full Version : Ads are offline - Bump or donate to put them in NH

ronpaulblogsdotcom
01-06-2008, 03:19 AM
I have experience doing online ads for companies products on Google, Yahoo, MSN, etc. I run campaigns for hundreds of products and keywords. I am also a Ron Paul supporter. I am not located in Iowa or NH and wanted to help as much as I can and for me that is online advertising. I really think most people should be going D2D, but I cant in NH and Iowa. Also I can do in a few hours what it would take someone new to online ads weeks to learn. So I wanted to see if there is a market for RPs message on ads.

I brainstormed for keywords and ran some computer programs I have to generate and check keyword popularity.

I cleaned this list by hand down to good, positive words, that we can get voters from. Several thousand words including other candidates weak points!

I ran the campaign in Iowa and paid for it myself hoping for chipins. I got none and paid the $300 myself after doing $200 on Dec 16th. I'm tapped.

If you think this has value please bump this or go to my chipin in the signature.

The ads are offline and I can't do it anymore for NH, maybe Feb 5th in a state.

I got 100 thousand views for Ron Paul in Iowa which were free and 500 clickthroughs which I sent to positive pages like rp2008.com or polls showing Ron Paul in a better (more accurate) light. None of this is going to my sites or am I making, or charging any money for this.

ALL of the traffic is targeted and will not be shown except to people in NH and for good keywords.

Bump if you think this has value.

Donate if you want this to start back up.

If you have ideas for pages for me to send to please post them here. I have keywords for other candidates too, and generic terms like "home schooling"

I know all the pages on RPs site for issues and send there when those words were the search terms.

Thanks and look at my signature for the donate chipin.

Mike S.

PS If you know me from a meetup or some other thing please post here so people know this is not a scam and I am not charging a percentage for managing these accounts. If you want some other reassurance or to pay some other way please post or PM me.

rpfan2008
01-06-2008, 05:34 AM
bump

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
01-06-2008, 05:54 AM
I'm a little familliar with this...

100 thousand views, 500 clickthroughs... For $500, right?

We can throw the "views" out as a single metric, because it doesn't really mean anyone viewed anything.

A dollar per click sounds a little high. Is that because of competition or because of low quality scores?

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
01-06-2008, 05:56 AM
Bump if you think this has value.

How are you feeling about it?

ronpaulblogsdotcom
01-08-2008, 04:03 AM
I'm a little familliar with this...

100 thousand views, 500 clickthroughs... For $500, right?

We can throw the "views" out as a single metric, because it doesn't really mean anyone viewed anything.

A dollar per click sounds a little high. Is that because of competition or because of low quality scores?

No I donated $200 on December 16th to the campaign and then spent $300 on clicks. My Cost per Click was between 38 to 50 cents per click usually. The day of the Iowa caucus the cost took off and I paused the expensive words.

I aim at pages that are likely to get a good quality score for the keyword. If they don't, I don't run them.

Actually in this case I think it does matter if people view it. Normally I only care about the "sale" but in this case there is some "branding" to this. They all have Ron Pauls name and there is a chance they are looking at it even if they don't click on it. At least they cant sa RP and his people aren't doing everything. For Iowa I was stating that RP cared about Iowa and directed to pages showing all he is doing for Iowa to get the vote out.

I think this has great value. The words that were clicked and when they were clicked was very encouraging to me. Its just that I am way past what I can spend a month on campaigning. For Iowa I was strangely aiming at University students and getting them to caucus for Paul. He took Jefferson county and did good in Ames. I know university RP people were doing a lot but I hope I got some votes.

20% of people in Iowa decided in the last few days who to support.

Please donate if you are maxed on the normal campaign or want to see these run more.