PDA

View Full Version : to people who say RP doesn't speak well.

RonPaulFTFW
01-06-2008, 03:10 AM
so what if he gets a bit jumbled.

he's a 70 year old man who is being attacked constantly by total assholes.

we should support him 100 percent.

Dave Pedersen
01-06-2008, 03:13 AM
I agree but if he can simply remember to remain calm I think that would help quite a bit.

Liberty Star
01-06-2008, 03:14 AM
He was convincing and succinct and did very well.

I had missed first part completely.

Courtesy of researchris:

Here are ALL of Ron Paul's replies at the ABC/N.H. Republican debate. Due to great conversation between Ron Paul and others, this video is split into 2 parts....

Pt 1 ALL of RON PAUL's replies @ ABC/N.H. debate on 1-05-08
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZ7CRYsoB6E (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZ7CRYsoB6E)

Pt 2 ALL of RON PAUL's replies @ ABC/N.H. debate on 1-05-08
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7paYyU0WrE (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7paYyU0WrE)

He was super here, a wise man surrounded between couple of idiots on Foreign Policy issue.

Giulaini actually knows better but is pandering to Israel lobby. Romney just can't even say the terms right he is citing and was coached by his briefers, he is very ignorant on this issue. God save America from these two idiots, they will be no better than Bush/Cheney and team neocon of Perle/Wolfowitz/Bolton types they had surrounded themselves with who pushed America into preemptive blunder of Iraq.

Ron Paul Fan
01-06-2008, 03:19 AM
I support him 100% and I thought this was by far his BEST debate.

Ryokucha
01-06-2008, 03:26 AM
The only thing I did not like was when he was over talked by Mitt about his foreign policy. Then Rudy got in on it, and then the moderator did not give time to Ron Paul to then reply back to the attack. Instead he changed the question.

Also Mitt did not answer Dr. Paul's question about how would he like it if China had come over here and done exactly what we have done in the middle east.

Now I do not blame Paul for this, I just think he is being polite, something most of those guys on stage would have to look up just to figure out what it meant. Sadly there are a lot of people out there who see politeness in a candidate as a weakness.

Ron Paul Fan
01-06-2008, 03:28 AM
Compared to the other candidates, Ron Paul had a GREAT performance. My friend, who is an undecided voter in NH agreed and his now voting for Paul on Tuesday.

Liberty Star
01-06-2008, 03:29 AM
LOL

yuiop ,

If Thompson, Giuliani, Romney are such great communicators, can you give a brief summary having listened to them in this debate what differentiates one from the other on Iraq war, foreign policy, fiscal policies, Constitutional liberties issues?

IMO they are Bush/Cheney with slight variations but I'd like to see your impression based on their communications.

Ryokucha
01-06-2008, 03:33 AM
Only Ron talks at 100 miles an hour after he gets going hardly pausing for breath in between statements. He seems angry and probably is and acts like he is throwing a fit of temper. It doesn't help that he waves his hand around and his voice is high-pitched. He just doesn't come across as a calm rational person but a crank and a shrill one at that.

He speaks fast because he knows they will not give him much time, they are ready to cut him off as soon as he goes for a breath. They do it all the time in debates with Ron Paul.

Angry, well I am angry just watching the debate and seeing 5 clones on stage getting taken seriously, while the only guy thinking out side the box is considered the wacko.

The hand movements don't bother me at all. That is something most every President has done. He reminds me a lot of Reagan especial when he did that thumb gesture to indicate the rise of oil.

RonPaulFTFW
01-06-2008, 03:37 AM
Ron paul is a real man who speaks from knowledge and not slick talking points.

you'd be annoyed and frustrated too if you had to put up with them all the time.

i love ron paul.

Liberty Star
01-06-2008, 03:39 AM
Ron paul is a real man who speaks from knowledge and not slick talking points.

you'd be annoyed and frustrated too if you had to put up with them all the time.

i love ron paul.

RP is a man of substance and what he says here is grounded in facts. Loudest talker on the table is not always right.

Indy Vidual
01-06-2008, 03:46 AM
My assessment is about how they communicated their message, not really about the content of the message.

That is what the thread is about.

Many people are finally ready for real change.

Congressman Ron Paul: Archives (http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul-arch.html) (Dr. Ron Paul in his own words and brilliant writings)
``````````````

SiouxMe
01-06-2008, 05:04 AM
Have you watched any of his speeches to deaf ears on the Congressional floor? Take a look at some of those and tell me he doesn’t speak well. He sounds very Presidential in his Congressional speeches.

Here’s a link to one such speech, there’s plenty more to be found on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLn0tMdXd_Q

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
01-06-2008, 07:24 AM

I do support him 100%, but I still wish he had some better coaching. I don't mean pandering. But, Paul doesn't have time to teach an economics or history course, and most people aren't interested, anyway.

For instance...

Dr. Paul, what about blah blah healthcare?

The first words out of his mouth should be. "I've been a practicing doctor for over 50 years. In that time, I've delivered over 4,000 babies, so I know a lot about the healthcare system in general and how it works." Then he can move on to his points.

It's often not enough to tell people what you know. He needs to tell people why he knows it, so they're receptive to his answers in the first place. The same goes for plenty of other issues. He should also be pointing out his record more often on a number of issues.

Kingfisher
01-06-2008, 07:40 AM
I was turned off by his voice at first. Now its music to my ears!

worl
01-06-2008, 09:47 AM
Ron has the message right but he has been hammered with Foreighn pollicy. The american people watched 3000 people killed on 9/11. Most will not admit the US was responsable. I know it was our foreighn policy that was to blame but ron can'ot sit there & let these others get the last word in like last nite. He did'nt mention the 100 years either & that would have helped him to bring mcCain down. He should have demanded a reply to every attack. Its just my opinion & I am new here but I believe Ron needs some good campain management & coaching.

WilliamC
01-06-2008, 10:03 AM
I think it is too late for Ron Paul to do anything about his presentation, but I wish he could.

Impressions matter and sometimes Ron Paul doesn't leave a good one.

hayeksrevenge
01-06-2008, 10:07 AM
I am amazed that any "true" Ron Paul supporter would have any detracting comments for Dr. Paul. He is an accomplished man and a staunch supporter of our Constitution and the people of this country. Without him, where would we be in this election? We, that is, those of us who value freedom over government tyranny, would have no voice what-so-ever in this election cycle without Dr. Paul.

If you think that you can accomplish more than Dr. Paul has, then go get elected to Congress and prove it. Otherwise, keep your whining and negativity to yourself.

worl
01-06-2008, 10:58 AM
is out of line & if you think labeling people here who make constructive coment of how to improve something will help any Then go ahead. The fact is what I said is true. You don't understand that people seen all the others attacking Paul on foreign pollicy & they have done that in every debate. Its about time to start attacking them. Paul could have done that to mcCain last nite.

Kingfisher
01-06-2008, 11:14 AM
I have been a Ron Paul supporter for years. I wouldnt think of voting for anyone else. But I think he could present his ideas a little better. I think maybe he doesnt realize he is talking over the heads of many voters. He should challenge any and all of them to a one on one debate. I bet none would accept.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
01-06-2008, 11:36 AM
I am amazed that any "true" Ron Paul supporter would have any detracting comments for Dr. Paul. He is an accomplished man and a staunch supporter of our Constitution and the people of this country. Without him, where would we be in this election? We, that is, those of us who value freedom over government tyranny, would have no voice what-so-ever in this election cycle without Dr. Paul.

If you think that you can accomplish more than Dr. Paul has, then go get elected to Congress and prove it. Otherwise, keep your whining and negativity to yourself.

I have my own flaws, and welcome criticism. Do you think Paul was born as he is, or do you think he's improved throughout his life? I'm willing to bet he's lived a life of constant improvement, and I doubt he did it in a vacuum.

I'm also a "true" supporter of my children and family. I expect improvement from them as they move through life. There's not a single thing wrong with that.

ceitniear
01-06-2008, 11:50 AM
Ron Paul speaks the way he does because his brain works faster than his mouth does, which is completely unlike any of the other candidates whose mouths run far faster than their brains.

I find it refreshing.

Created4
01-06-2008, 12:02 PM
People need to honestly admit that Ron Paul's strength is NOT in the debates, but then chill out and also realize that he IS an effective communicator in other mediums. I think the debates are over-emphasized. Who really makes decisions based on these debates?? People who research will get the total message, and those who use the Internet will see better ideas communicated than ANY of the other candidates with the plethora of videos and such on Dr. Paul.

And Dr. Paul does VERY well in one on one interviews, and he is starting to get A LOT of those, partly because people are incensed at Fox (the best thing that has happened to the campaign so far, and maybe the turning point!) Look at the Bill Moyer interview - great! Tonight with Blitzer, a repeat of the Glen Beck show, and then Monday with Jay Leno. These people are giving Dr. Paul BETTER exposure than the debates, so let's not get so bent out of shape on the debates. Those who want to know the issues and seek the truth will find it. If anything, the debates clearly show that Dr. Paul is totally different than everyone else, and that is good exposure at this point. If Dr. Paul becomes the front-runner at some point, he may even want to start limiting his involvement in the debates and stick with his strengths. He would have good reason to do so the way people have treated him. But at this point, it is all about getting the message out.

ErikBlack
01-06-2008, 12:08 PM
I'm usually a bit critical about Dr. Paul's presentation, but I thought he did very well in last night's debate. Even though he had the usual tendencies to bumble his words and speak too quickly one thing he succeeded in beautifully is creating a clear line of distinction between himself and the other candidates.

There are two types of Republicans watching. The first type is head-in-the-sand, stay-the-course, party loyalists who gobble up every turd Bush and Cheney launch at them and would love nothing more than 8 more years of the same Republicanism we have now. These people know that they have 5 good choices for president who will all serve their agenda just fine. They may prefer Thompson for his folksy old-fashioned tone or Huckabee because he's a preacher, but what they really like is the Republican party establishment. They don't desire the buzzword of the night (change) because they think everything is just dandy right now!

The other type is those who do not like the current administration and do want change. For them, their only choice is Ron Paul! Whether or not they like him or some of his more eccentric policies, he is the only candidate on the stage who proposed even a slightly different ideology than the current administration. All of the other candidates refuse to criticize the current administration on any issue greater than the timing of the surge in Iraq! The Republican party is blinded by their own bullshit. They actually believe that they have the right idea and that the American people are going to go along with them on this ride. Either that, or they know something we don't, such as the elections are rigged. Or a third possibility, maybe they are pandering to the Republican base to win the nomination and then plan to switch positions in the general election to compete.

Ron Paul stood out as the only unique one among 5 clones who not only didn't bring any new ideas to the table but acted terribly rude and childish! The major Republican candidates need to take a lesson from the Democrats on how to handle themselves with dignity in a Presidential debate. They reminded me of a gang of" good-ol-boy" school bullies picking on the smart kid. All that's missing is a cooler of beers, a monster truck and some books and homework papers strewed on the ground and the scene would be complete. The Democrats are full of shit, but at least they appear to have a genuine respect for each other. I actually felt bad for Mitt Romney for having to endure the repeated personal attacks from McCain! He was like the littlest of the bullies who just desperately wants to fit in, but when the group gets bored of taunting the nerd they turn on him for further amusement! It looked like he was going to cry a few times there!

seapilot
01-06-2008, 12:09 PM
Communication is a very important skill to have as a president. You are dealing with heads of state, squabbling factions in the Congress and other people all the time.

If he can't get a simple point across calmly so that it is understood then most people will not be attracted to his candidacy.

Yes I agree, George W. Bush has great communication skills. You are evil! We will prevail! The enemy is dangerous and so are we! Regime change! Its all rhetoric to look like they know what they are talking about and to the uneducated, misinformed, apathetic population cant recite what they meant but they sounded good!

Yes Ron Paul should treat these debates like he is talking to one of his greatgrand kids then most the populace would understand his positions better. The most intelligent people in the populace already do, hence they are Ron Paul supporters, or are afraid of him.

Todd McGreevy
01-06-2008, 12:17 PM
I do support him 100%, but I still wish he had some better coaching. I don't mean pandering. But, Paul doesn't have time to teach an economics or history course, and most people aren't interested, anyway.

For instance...

The first words out of his mouth should be. "I've been a practicing doctor for over 50 years. In that time, I've delivered over 4,000 babies, so I know a lot about the healthcare system in general and how it works." Then he can move on to his points.

It's often not enough to tell people what you know. He needs to tell people why he knows it, so they're receptive to his answers in the first place. The same goes for plenty of other issues. He should also be pointing out his record more often on a number of issues.

This is dead on!
With $19M in his war chest, the RP Campaign has NO excuses for not having a gaggle of media savvy researchists and speech coaches at Ron Paul's side...
He has done all the heavy lifting up to now, inspiring all of us with his deeds for 10 terms...

Pick ANY topic and he should be able to explain why he is an expert in it in 15 seconds and then go on to a) current situation and b) what he will do to fix it.

Sadly, he has to learn how to parse these things in order to penetrate the dumbed down mind of Americans... he can't just preach to the converted anymore.

What I have witnessed is that when people are able to understand what he is saying, they want more and are very easily turned into RP supporters.

If these enhancements to Dr. Paul's public presentations don't take place then his campaign staff have only themselves to blame... and what a shame, Dr. Paul has more gun powder in knowledge and experience and a voting record to prove it than any candidate who has run in last 20 years!

www.ronpaulringtones.org

Ball
01-06-2008, 12:18 PM
Ron rushed his message. He should have taken his time like the Huckster.

Delivery counts more than substance, unfortunately.

wowabunga
01-06-2008, 12:20 PM

There was one streatch in the debate where he was on a real roll. He spoke about politicians who give mere "lip service" to the Constitution. At one point he's rolling full steam and McCain is caught on camera smirking his arse off... right up to the second when Ron finishes his comment and tells the country we are going broke. McCain's smirk runs off his face.

I stayed up all night and produced a video highlighting Ron's catch phrase "No More Lip Service" and this is the short version... enjoy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GALT2VXq4YQ

Peace and Joy,
Ramblin Randy

Todd McGreevy
01-06-2008, 12:26 PM
People need to honestly admit that Ron Paul's strength is NOT in the debates, but then chill out and also realize that he IS an effective communicator in other mediums. I think the debates are over-emphasized. Who really makes decisions based on these debates?? People who research will get the total message, and those who use the Internet will see better ideas communicated than ANY of the other candidates with the plethora of videos and such on Dr. Paul.

And Dr. Paul does VERY well in one on one interviews, and he is starting to get A LOT of those, partly because people are incensed at Fox (the best thing that has happened to the campaign so far, and maybe the turning point!) Look at the Bill Moyer interview - great! Tonight with Blitzer, a repeat of the Glen Beck show, and then Monday with Jay Leno. These people are giving Dr. Paul BETTER exposure than the debates, so let's not get so bent out of shape on the debates. Those who want to know the issues and seek the truth will find it. If anything, the debates clearly show that Dr. Paul is totally different than everyone else, and that is good exposure at this point. If Dr. Paul becomes the front-runner at some point, he may even want to start limiting his involvement in the debates and stick with his strengths. He would have good reason to do so the way people have treated him. But at this point, it is all about getting the message out.

Well said.
But even on those one on one appearances, his candidacy would do well to hone in on a) why he is THE expert on a particular topic b) what's wrong now and c) what he will DO to fix it.
It's not easy to do, if it was everyone would be doing it...

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
01-06-2008, 01:50 PM
Well said.
But even on those one on one appearances, his candidacy would do well to hone in on a) why he is THE expert on a particular topic b) what's wrong now and c) what he will DO to fix it.
It's not easy to do, if it was everyone would be doing it...

It's easier for Paul than the others, because he actually understands the issues, and *can* respond to intelligent and more in-depth questioning.

If you look at how some of the other candidates preface their openings, they do a pretty good job. Even Rudy... "I was there on 9-11, and I saw blah blah, so blah blah blah." Rudy's an asshat, but people start listening when you tell them why they should listen. (and that's true whether it's a valid reason or not. Ron has valid reasons.) Here's an interesting link for the scholars out there: http://books.google.com/books?id=z3_0HDcVOuUC&pg=PA494&lpg=PA494&dq=copy+machine+heuristics&source=web&ots=fgTHPaKwXT&sig=rILrKW7Zmdpn72TgSJjQzzgKczY

I only saw a portion of the democratic debate, but Hillary and Edwards are very good at that.

I'd also love to see Ron start a lot of statements with "Here's where I differ from everyone else you'll hear from tonight." That's not because I want to see him become one of them... some slick politician, but because it's true and he has a record to prove it.

USAF Vet Dan
01-06-2008, 02:17 PM
Let's be real, compared to the other candidates, his performance is poor.

Two things to consider: First, Ron Paul comes off as the antithesis of Mitt "Joe Isuzu" Romney's plasticized, over-polished persona that's associated with a flip-flopping panderer. By contrast, Ron Paul comes off as a "real" person... a "Mr. Smith goes to Washington". Secondly, because of Ron Paul's absence of casting petty attacks at his opponents, he is perceived by many as having character.

Yes, Ron sometimes has a tendency to run through his positions too quickly and thereby fails to make his points as clearly as he could / should (a reaction to getting only a fraction of mike-time). He could improve here. And, yes, there are many shallow-minded Americans who have been brainwashed into voting for image and stage presence in lieu of substance. While that will cost him some votes, keep in mind that many Americans are waking up. For those who are awake, the only thing that matters is the substance of the candidate. If you've been in this battle as long as I have (20 years), you'll know that there truly is a Revolution taking place. Its up to you and me to make sure that as many people are "enlightened".

Will there be enough of the "enlightened" to put Ron Paul in the White House? Who know? We can only do what we can do. The important thing is that we are doing it. ...and that damned sure beats the alternative!

WilliamC
01-06-2008, 02:21 PM
Ron Paul speaks the way he does because his brain works faster than his mouth does, which is completely unlike any of the other candidates whose mouths run far faster than their brains.

I find it refreshing.

Very true, but unfortunately the average person doesn't hear it this way. But it's too late to want to change Ron Paul's presentation at this late date, and no one who supports his message will let this dissuade them.

Lyn
01-06-2008, 02:59 PM
I have been working on my mom in AZ for some time now. She is a Democrat but she has very libertarian leanings. She was very excited about Ron after she saw the Bill Moyer interview and really wants to vote for him. I had her watch the ABC debate and she was so impressed with how Ron handled himself despite the ganging up he got. She is 63 and her husband is 75 and they both were inspired by not only his ideas but his holding up under the juvenile and arrogant attacks of the others. He definitely may not be the best orator but he appeals to people as a regular person who is not all fluff. Real people with a brain don't want to pick a President who is slick and too polished.
Unfortunately, despite my mom's agreement with Ron, she told me she will not change her party to Republican on Monday the deadline in Az. She feels it would lock her out of voting for other local Democratic candidates. I did my best and tried to convince her how important it is but no go. Promises that she'll vote for him in the general election. That is a big frustration for me right now. My stepdad is registered Repub. so I got at least his vote for Ron in the AZ primary. Oh, well.

curiousobserver
01-06-2008, 03:20 PM

he is the only person who makes sense. who said he can't speak well?

Thanehand
01-06-2008, 03:38 PM
For instance...

And he would have been cut off before getting to those points. It's happened in every debate. He gets an EXTREMELY disproportionate amount of time to speak and is forced (as already mentioned) to speak quickly.

My wife and sister both (both fairly new supporters) clearly see this and complain because he doesn't GET the chance to explain anything beyond a sound bite length of time.

USAF Vet Dan
01-06-2008, 03:50 PM
I have been working on my mom in AZ for some time now. She is a Democrat but she has very libertarian leanings. She was very excited about Ron after she saw the Bill Moyer interview and really wants to vote for him. I had her watch the ABC debate and she was so impressed with how Ron handled himself despite the ganging up he got. She is 63 and her husband is 75 and they both were inspired by not only his ideas but his holding up under the juvenile and arrogant attacks of the others. He definitely may not be the best orator but he appeals to people as a regular person who is not all fluff. Real people with a brain don't want to pick a President who is slick and too polished.
Unfortunately, despite my mom's agreement with Ron, she told me she will not change her party to Republican on Monday the deadline in Az. She feels it would lock her out of voting for other local Democratic candidates. I did my best and tried to convince her how important it is but no go. Promises that she'll vote for him in the general election. That is a big frustration for me right now. My stepdad is registered Repub. so I got at least his vote for Ron in the AZ primary. Oh, well.

Voting Republican in the primary should not affect her ability to vote for other Democrats (except for presidential candidates). If AZ has more offices up for election, you will get two ballots when you go to vote - one either Repub or Dem ballot for the presidential primary election and one for the other offices. That second ballot will have both Republican and Democratic candidates.

SevenEyedJeff
01-06-2008, 03:51 PM
I wish people would wake up and realize, image and charisma does NOT MATTER!!!

What MATTERS are the issues and actual voting record! And who has the best vision for liberty and freedom in America. No one is better than Ron Paul on these!