PDA

View Full Version : Great Post on an Evangelical Forum

smhbbag
07-18-2007, 02:33 PM
http://www.rr-bb.com/showthread.php?p=117977#post117977

In a thread entitled "Anyone here not vote in elections?"

This is a response from a guy named "Stonewall" :D

This is the kind of response that will resonate with them.

I vote every time there is a referendum or to vote 'NO' on any bond issues.

I rarely vote for any non-local office, mainly because the candidates are simply unacceptable. I do not want to be held accountable to God when they do something blasphemous, evil, or extremely stupid and I voted for them.

If the Lord says "You voted for this evil. You are likewise responsible" - I would have no answer. Whatever a politician does, especially when I knew he would do it beforehand, I am responsible for if he received my vote. When I have deep moral reservations about all the candidates (which is pretty often), I will not vote for that office.

The lesser of two evils is STILL EVIL.

Supply and demand is relevant in the political arena, just like in economics. If people prove willing to vote for (demand) moral mediocrity - then there will be a plentiful supply of mediocre politicians to vote for. If we do not compromise in who we elect, politics might actually be a respectable profession.

To me, the standard for personal morality, conviction, and consistency is equal in a political candidate as a pastoral candidate. Both represent and influence the people in an official capacity, as part of God's ordained branches of authority on earth. Government officials are no less accountable to God, and must be held to a similar standard.

Vote for small evils, and small evils will grow into big ones. The 'lesser' of the two evils will consistently get worse, yet continue to demand votes from the public because, hey, they're still less evil than the other guy!

We need backbone as a people, and then things will change.

But I'm voting this time!

Ron Paul - President 2008!

BIG_J
07-18-2007, 03:36 PM
Nice!