PDA

View Full Version : Mitt lauging at Ron Paul - anybody catch it?

RonPaulCult
01-06-2008, 02:03 AM
Ron Paul said that there are elements of violent radical extremists in most religions.

You can see a shot of Mitt laughing his ass off at the idea.

Could somebody explain to me just how that is a funny statement?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Xn5vpYOpVEg

about 2:45 in

Lyn
01-06-2008, 02:05 AM
I caught that too. Just another smug SOB who thinks they can make Paul look like a kook if they laugh at his answers.

pacelli
01-06-2008, 02:05 AM
He's trying to laugh it off so nobody starts focusing on non-Muslim extremist religions in the US.

ZenX
01-06-2008, 02:06 AM
Maybe it reminded Romney of watching "September Dawn" (http://imdb.com/title/tt0473700/) earlier in the day.

liberty_Forever
01-06-2008, 02:07 AM
Yeah Romney is just mad because the Christian Right in Iowa picked Huckabee.

liberty_Forever
01-06-2008, 02:07 AM
I love how they left Ron Paul and his 10% out. These guys are waging war on our minds.

RonPaulCult
01-06-2008, 02:18 AM
Maybe he was laughing thinking "everything is perfect in my religion - no wierdos or extremist here)

B9vot3r
01-06-2008, 02:19 AM
i think mitt was laughing because Mormons do no wrong! mitt took this very literally to say that religions themselves do no harm, but no religion is immune to someone who believes in religion X but also believes that religion Y should die and then act on it.

ChickenHawk
01-06-2008, 02:20 AM
Mitt should have been crying. He got totally pwned in that debate. His campaign is over. He never really had a chance any way.

Knightskye
01-06-2008, 02:21 AM
Yeah, he smirked and then threw his hand over his mouth.

Man from La Mancha
01-06-2008, 02:35 AM
All of the others where always smirking at Ron nonstop, like under orders.

GoneResistance
01-06-2008, 02:42 AM
Maybe Mitt was smirking because he was reminded how the 1850s Mormons killed people in blood atonement rituals, and also the Mountain Meadows Massacre of September 11, 1857. No radical behavior there!

shagywashere
01-06-2008, 02:51 AM
It shows they don't care. It also shows that they're nervous, in as they don't know have the intelligence to answer the questions, so they laugh it off. That's what people do when they're in a situation like that. They try to act superior by brushing the person off and/or laughing. Anyone with brains can see Ron is clearly the only intelligent one there! Unfortunately, I'm not sure how many peoplel that is...

Liberty Star
01-06-2008, 02:58 AM
I had missed first part.

Ron Paul was superb, a wise man surrounded between couple of idiots on Foreign Policy issue.

Giulaini actually knows better but is pandering to Israel lobby. Romney just can't even say the terms right he is citing and was coached by his briefers, very ignorant on this issue.

thisisgiparti
01-06-2008, 03:30 AM
The media is trying to grab McCain's snarky comment about Mitt being the candidate of "change." The other story is that everyone picked on Mitt because their jealous of his alpha-maleness. It just makes him more popular and threatening.

I think it's the pack turning on the weak and wounded animal. Mitt needed to shine tonight, but he is too vapid and takes himself too seriously to roll with the punches or defend himself. He is just a jerk, and now it's in everyone's best interest to attack. They would have a long time ago, but there was no perceived vulnerability.

Mitt's % has already dropped 6 points in NH. That clip they played of President Bush that basically summed Mitt up as a poor choice: "too influenced by polls" "no leadership" "no resolution or moral character" which cracked me up anyway, had to have driven a nail into Mitt's coffin.

Mark
01-06-2008, 04:16 AM
A few times I wish I was there and have those smug jokers laugh at me that way - it'd be on.

nc4rp
01-06-2008, 09:12 AM
its called "disparagement"

definitely a little 'mind game'

CountryboyRonPaul
01-06-2008, 09:13 AM
Ron Paul said that there are elements of violent radical extremists in most religions.

You can see a shot of Mitt laughing his ass off at the idea.

Could somebody explain to me just how that is a funny statement?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Xn5vpYOpVEg

about 2:45 in

Maybe Mitt experienced some Radical Huckabee supporters picking on his Mormonism?

sluggo
01-06-2008, 09:14 AM
Blood Atonement, Mr. Romney?

Wolfgang Bohringer
01-06-2008, 09:54 AM
It also shows that they're nervous, in as they don't know have the intelligence to answer the questions, so they laugh it off. That's what people do when they're in a situation like that. They try to act superior by brushing the person off and/or laughing.

Its like a nervous tic that kicks in hard whenever they are presented with ideas that for whatever reason they can't fathom. Along with Rudy's beedy eyes constantly widening and squinting and jolting seemingly involuntarily, along with McCain, it was like a Tourette's convention up there even without Ron's questions to inflame them.

I loved it when Ron attempted to demand an answer at least twice, maybe thrice or more that Romney answer Ron's question of what would Romney do if China had us surrounded and occupied and was trying to impose its values and government on us. Romney refused to even entertain such a question and could only laugh and shout about madrasses and jihad.

I just wish Ron would have kept asking the question and refused to shut up until Romney was forced to at least to attempt to address it. Ron really needed to move in for the kill there. I think he could have gotten a lot more independent NH votes if he had.

Thor
01-06-2008, 10:13 AM
Mitt, McCain and the Ghoul where all laughing at Ron many times when he spoke. I think Fred was too lazy to laugh but I think I saw him chuckle, espcially when he tried to recount Ron's printing money ruins the economy and is thus destroying heathcare concept, mocking him. And I am not sure if the Chucklebee did or not. All I know is none of them are statesmen and it made me irritated to see them have complete disrespect for sound ideas and laugh and mock him.

Ron should have brought up his reading list to the Ghoul again when he STILL does not get it. "Rudy, you obviously did not read anything I suggested to you before to explain blowback and the CIA's understanding of why they hate us. Let me break it down for you....."

hayeksrevenge
01-06-2008, 10:18 AM
I've tried to like Romney, but he keeps opening his mouth and speaking.

Wolfgang Bohringer
01-06-2008, 10:19 AM
"Rudy, you obviously did not read anything I suggested to you before to explain blowback and the CIA's understanding of why they hate us. Let me break it down for you....."

Yes! He's got to move in for the kill. He's got to close the deal. I think he would get a lot more votes if he did.

RSLudlum
01-06-2008, 10:23 AM
I thought he might've taken it as a poke at his religious conviction.

RonPaulblican
01-06-2008, 10:30 AM
I thought he might've taken it as a poke at his religious conviction.

That is what I thought. He immediately thought it would be a smite covert attack at Moronomism.

Thor
01-06-2008, 10:30 AM
Did anyone notice when McCain made the comment to Romney about "You can blow your personal fortune, but it is not going to change the truth about my position" or something like that... the camera showed Mitt grin, then stick is tongue between is teeth like he was holding back busting out a huge laugh. Like it is funny to spend your personal fortune to try and buy the Presidency...

My wife and I were sick to our stomachs watching those clowns. Every single damn one of them. Hucklebee was the only one with any respect for Ron, and that was minimal. Watched the dems after this and about fell asleep. Boring, big government rhetoric.

Time for Change
01-06-2008, 10:51 AM
Its like a nervous tic that kicks in hard whenever they are presented with ideas that for whatever reason they can't fathom. Along with Rudy's beedy eyes constantly widening and squinting and jolting seemingly involuntarily, along with McCain, it was like a Tourette's convention up there even without Ron's questions to inflame them.

I loved it when Ron attempted to demand an answer at least twice, maybe thrice or more that Romney answer Ron's question of what would Romney do if China had us surrounded and occupied and was trying to impose its values and government on us. Romney refused to even entertain such a question and could only laugh and shout about madrasses and jihad.

I just wish Ron would have kept asking the question and refused to shut up until Romney was forced to at least to attempt to address it. Ron really needed to move in for the kill there. I think he could have gotten a lot more independent NH votes if he had.

1. Ron's mic was turned a bit lower than the others...
2. Mitt needs educating...If we don’t straighten this mess up soon, we will know first hand just what it is like when China comes to collect its debt.
I know that sounds extreme, but that is the truth of it.
If it happens, (and GOD I hope it NEVER does) Maybe they will take Mitts home town as HQ...:rolleyes:
He can act like the "Cool Guy" in high school, and laugh it up, hoping the followers chime in as well to support him, but the days of school boy "Cool" are long gone for him.
It is time to act like a grown up and face reality.
We let a person into the white house who was a complete buffoon (sp)
and being as intellectually challenged as he is, was duped into idiotic policy, endorsed the policy whole heartedly, and look at the mess we are left with.
The world hates us, our money is junk, our banks are the laughing stock of the planet, and our kids face living the life of third world citizens.

The role of the next President is to straighten out this mess and I don't think these guys comprehend it. They are looking for the title only, not the responsibility of it.
We need debates where there are censors that allow a specific duration for speaking; after which, your mic is cut off. If you have completed your statement, great, if not, too bad.
Then ask specific questions and see if they can get an answer out in time that is intelligent and relevant to the question :D
Mockery of members on the stage will result in expulsion, no exception. :eek:

Ok there is my overly emotional post for the week...sorry to rant, but this behavior is completely unacceptable from a presidential candidate.
Seriously, will those jerks pull the same kind of crap in a foreign relations meeting where the other leaders don't agree with their agenda?
Can we take that chance?
Can we afford the backlash resulting from such idiotic behavior, I say NO WAY IN HELL!
That does NOT represent the way I deal with people, and by God, my elected representative should not act in any way I would not act myself.

Ball
01-06-2008, 12:22 PM
Romney was the big loser, so no worries.

WillInMiami
01-06-2008, 12:27 PM
It wasn't Mitt. It was McCain. I posted a YouTube of that segment last night (and there were two threads here related to it).