PDA

View Full Version : Thank You, ABC

MGreen
01-06-2008, 01:41 AM
Thank you, ABC, for the great cut away shots to McCain during Paul's answers. If McCain's general dickishness toward Romney and others wasn't enough to put a stale taste in the mouth of New Hampshire voters, I'd think McCain's smug smile during Paul's "give peace a chance" speech will.

Paul, at the top of his game, is saying we need to follow the Constitution, that we need peace and prosperity, that we should follow the Golden Rule, that we need to treat others as we would like to be treated, etc. He's saying this for an entire minute, without any interruption, so the audience has enough time to really get into his argument. And then, when Paul says we need to stop bullying other countries and stop bombing them if they don't do what we say, we see perhaps the most smug a presidential candidate has ever been. McCain chuckles as if Paul thinks there is something wrong with our philosophy towards foreign policy. It's the sort of laugh you'd see from a grown up when a child talks about Santa Clause.

I really don't know what was up with McCain tonight. New Hampshire is his only hope; you'd think he'd try to be humble and likable. Instead, he was a huge a-hole the entire night, to every candidate. I hope it has an effect on some of the McCain-leaning voters of NH.

It seems like, over time, each candidate gets scarier and scarier to me. At first I thought Giuliani was the only really scary one. But then Huckabee started scaring me straight, and this laugh from McCain is practically evil. I guess it's hi-larious that we bomb countries and send billions of dollars to dictators.

AKBryant54
01-06-2008, 02:01 AM
I know! What's strange is that during the spin session, the talking heads said the McCain was acting like an adult! What the hell!

pacelli
01-06-2008, 02:10 AM
That's because McCain is CFR :)

thisisgiparti
01-06-2008, 03:52 AM
McCain has a ridiculous ego. He's probably likable enough, except when he's in the spotlight. Some of his off-the-cuff remarks and quickness to anger make him a poor choice for a leader.

We wouldn't have to put up with him this election, if Bush hadn't sabotaged his last campaign before he had a Dean moment. Now it's seven years into Bush and the neocons, and McCain is playing along. I still think he has a deal worked out with Giuliani, who can't take the NE states.