PDA

View Full Version : Wiretapping Churches

Throwback280s
01-06-2008, 01:31 AM
A good way to help bring Christians over to Ron Paul is using the Patriot Act and other encroachments on civil liberties to make it relevant to them.
Dr Paul (and us) can say:
"Any way we slice it, whether we're comfortable with it our not, Patriot Act warrantless wiretapping, searching, and removal of due process of law is a clear violation of the Constitution. Most Americans may not see how this hits home with them because these proposals seem to focus on the Muslim minority population and mosques right now. But let's illustrate how gravely relevant this attack against civil liberties should be for Americans. Suppose we have another terrorist threat or attack in America but it comes from a unabomber type, or a Timothy McVeigh, or some Westboro Christian extremist type. If this terrorist threat perverted the name of Christianity to achieve its goals, under the Patriot Act, the government would have the right to secretly wiretap churches, detain supposed Christian "fundamentalists" for interrogation, and search churches and acquire their private information without their knowledge.

This is a very real possibility with these types of destructive laws on the books. We must see the danger it will pose if its eventually turned around against Churches in future administrations potentially not so respectful of Church freedoms.

Will it soon be labeled extremist rhetoric for churches to criticize abortionists as murderers, consider homosexuality a sin, or even suggest that belief in Jesus Christ is the only way to be redeemed from eternal hell? Millions of churches teach these doctrines. We must protect their civil liberties and other such groups by repealing the Patriot Act and other unlawful bills."

LibertyEagle
01-06-2008, 01:40 AM
I agree that he needs to make it personal. Right now, people don't think these laws apply to Americans, or if they did, it would only be "bad people".

Throwback280s
01-06-2008, 01:43 AM
I just think its outrageous oversight for Christians to be apathetic about loss of civil liberties as long as its simply confined to mosques. Those illegal laws are blind in their execution of havoc on freedom.

Terry82
01-06-2008, 01:44 AM
detain supposed Christian "fundamentalists"

Flawless victory for the future of America. Never would I have thought the Patriot Act could be spun in such a positive light.

Molly1
01-06-2008, 01:48 AM
well even without the pat act they burned david koresh along with 25 children and 80 adults to the ground. His crime? He was a church.

That was on Clinton's watch (yes we haven't forgotten, Hilary).

Now with the pat act, the sky's the limit.

People are stupid. They won't know what they had until it's gone.

I was sorry to hear Obama voted for the patriot act. I guess that show's you where his bread is buttered. He's just more of the same.

RonPauledbyYoutube
01-06-2008, 01:57 AM
People are stupid. They won't know what they had until it's gone.

Unfortunately, you're right. Our first duty is to educate people about the constitution and why is it so important to defend it. Then explain what has been going on in our government as far as ignoring the constitution. Then explain the civil rights violations in the Patriot Act and the possible misuses on everyone. Then bring up that the good Dr. voted against it. We'll sure win over a lot of people like that. That's how I won two friends over.

ionlyknowy
01-06-2008, 02:12 AM
Unfortunately, you're right. Our first duty is to educate people about the constitution and why is it so important to defend it. Then explain what has been going on in our government as far as ignoring the constitution. Then explain the civil rights violations in the Patriot Act and the possible misuses on everyone. Then bring up that the good Dr. voted against it. We'll sure win over a lot of people like that. That's how I won two friends over.

Put all of the above in an infomercial then air it in all 50 states. This should win the Christian vote back to us.

1. Explain contitution, bill of rights etc.
2. Explain why we need to protect it
3. Explain the patriot act and what it does to the constitution
4. Explain how easy the laws can be used in future admins to target Churches.
5. Explain how EVERY other candidate voted on the patriot act.

Done and done. We win.

But for the infomercials to be effective, you must advertise these infomercials, people have to know they are there. If a buzz is created around the country about them, then they will work perfectly.

RonPauledbyYoutube
01-06-2008, 02:30 AM
Put all of the above in an infomercial then air it in all 50 states. This should win the Christian vote back to us.

1. Explain contitution, bill of rights etc.
2. Explain why we need to protect it
3. Explain the patriot act and what it does to the constitution
4. Explain how easy the laws can be used in future admins to target Churches.
5. Explain how EVERY other candidate voted on the patriot act.

Done and done. We win.

But for the infomercials to be effective, you must advertise these infomercials, people have to know they are there. If a buzz is created around the country about them, then they will work perfectly.

Yeap, the only negative part of it is that we would be criticized for fearmongering on #4.

But the big idea is to educate sheep (I meant that spiritually & politically ;) ) about the constitution/bill of rights. Light will shine when they hear about life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

Of course, we've got to put the good Dr.'s signature on it. :)

Benaiah
01-06-2008, 02:35 AM
//

RonPauledbyYoutube
01-06-2008, 02:42 AM
Now don't get me wrong, David Koresh was a messed up dude. However, it's more messed up that the Clintons didn't grab him while he walked around in the streets of Texas, and instead went to his compound and murdered him and a bunch of kids.

What conservatives, Republicans, and Christians don't realize, is that when Bush is gone, we're gonna have another Clinton-type in office with all these new powers.

Well, it's not all that rosy with the republican neo-con traitors running for president (except Ron Paul of course). Not sure which would set up the fascist/police state first.

That is why it is imperative we get Dr. Paul in the WH, it could be perhaps our last peaceful try to restore the constitution.