PDA

View Full Version : Should I cry or laugh?

StateofTrance
01-06-2008, 12:59 AM
"My concern is that he doesn't have enough support to win," she said. "I don't want to waste my vote."

http://www.unionleader.com/article.aspx?headline=Paul%3A+Debate+exclusion+ups ets+voters&articleId=b6629125-1d64-490b-bcaa-2f270f9ae017

If people are this stoopid, then they really don't deserve any voting rights.

Soccrmastr
01-06-2008, 01:02 AM
lol wow. So it's become vote for who you think will win, not who you want to win. That lady is a complete retard. definetly cry. some people are so ignorant beyond belief its hard to believe theyre so dumb.

sergeant_x
01-06-2008, 01:05 AM
http://www.unionleader.com/article.aspx?headline=Paul%3A+Debate+exclusion+ups ets+voters&articleId=b6629125-1d64-490b-bcaa-2f270f9ae017

I remain convinced that democracy is a generally a very just political system - in that the voters usually get exactly the government they deserve.

Lyn
01-06-2008, 01:06 AM
I am so absolutely sick and tired of hearing people say that. One day I was canvassing and I found so many people who were totally for Ron based on his stance on the issues but they were "afraid of wasting their vote." I kept telling them "you're right, if you and everyone else who likes him doesn't vote for him based on principle he won't win." It is so frustrating because I see the support of all these individuals who won't believe the others are out there.

I suppose they should "make their vote count" and vote for Hitlery or the Ghoul because they assume they are electable.

faisal
01-06-2008, 01:08 AM
I'm crying...

RonPaulFTW08
01-06-2008, 01:09 AM
lol wow. So it's become vote for who you think will win, not who you want to win. That lady is a complete retard. definetly cry. some people are so ignorant beyond belief its hard to believe theyre so dumb.

Unfortunately a lot of people (at least the ones I know) DO vote for who they think will win... Sometimes it's just a lot easier to join the herd.. baaaaaaaaaa :confused:

Noleader
01-06-2008, 01:10 AM
So sad...

disciple
A person who does not vote his conscience does not have a conscience.

Ron2Win
The Good Dr. MUST act for people's vote.

pepperpete1
01-06-2008, 01:11 AM
I too am dumbfounded at how many people feel that they need to cast their vote for one of the media darlings or their vote is wasted. One would think that they think there is some kind of monetary reward, like the lottery for voting for the one who wins. Geez.

Even if Ron Paul does not win the nomination, he is registered in MI and I WILL write him in and my vote will be counted!

We just need to keep educating the masses.

No1ButPaul08
01-06-2008, 01:13 AM
If there's one place on Earth where you are not wasting your vote it is the NH primary. The most powerful vote in the world. How clueless can you be

pickfair
01-06-2008, 01:15 AM
Don't they know that the media is manipulating them? This is absurd. If America is really this ignorant, I suppose we would be getting the government we deserve.

ChickenHawk
01-06-2008, 01:16 AM
This is a complicated subject that, like a lot of subjects, has been over simplified. I don't think it is necessarily wrong to vote for someone who has more support instead of someone you maybe agree with more. I have voted for someone other than the candidate that I most agreed with because I knew they had no chance in the general election. Sometimes it's better to end up with a candidate that you support 80% that will likely win than one that you agree with 95% that will not win. Especially if it could stop a candidate that you completely disagree with.

To some degree this kind of thinking is a self-fulfilling prophecy, but if you understand what appeals to a majority of voters it is sometime the best strategy. This year the GOP has nothing left to lose and absolutely needs a pure candidate.

Arek
If they just want to vote for who they think will win they technically are wasting their vote. I mean if they have a wager on the election then sure vote, but still vote for who you want not who you think will win. If you don't care about the candidate's message then simply don't vote for them. hmm I'll be honest if this was the case we'd have no problem winning our country back.

LibertyEagle
Unfortunately, that is why it was so important that we did well in Iowa.

Captain America
01-06-2008, 01:17 AM

i understand what you mean

freedomforall
01-06-2008, 01:18 AM
I think that it's a fair argument even if I don't buy it. We need to convince people that RP is here to stay. From the debate tonight, I truly came to believe that Paul is that only candidate who can defeat the Democrats, and as more and more people come to hear the message, the more it will spread. It is this sort of logic that can and must convince people that RP can and will win the presidency.

Shellshock1918
01-06-2008, 01:19 AM

Football pool mentality.

Freiheit
01-06-2008, 01:20 AM
It's impossible to waste a vote if you support the candidate's positions.

danberkeley
01-06-2008, 01:20 AM
I remain convinced that democracy is a generally a very just political system - in that the voters usually get exactly the government they deserve.

no, in democracy people get the government of the majority

pickfair
01-06-2008, 01:22 AM
no, in democracy people get the government of the majority

Well, then the majority is getting what they deserve and they shouldn't complain. Meanwhile we suffer. :mad:

Paul4Prez
01-06-2008, 01:26 AM
Yet people will gladly waste their vote on Giuliani or Thompson, because someone told them they are popular (even though Ron Paul has far more actual supporters, and more cash on hand to compete on February 5th.)

Captain America
01-06-2008, 01:27 AM

i understand what you mean

dawnbt
01-06-2008, 01:28 AM
Wow! Your not picking a QB for your fantasy league! This is your future. If you don't gamble on liberty, you will lose it! It's the Primaries! If he doesn't win, then go with the one you think is going to win then.
That's my reaction to people who say that. Works most of the time if they are really reachable! Of course, these people I speak to are friends and family, you may want to tone down the sarcasm for a stranger. LOL

Meiun
01-06-2008, 01:28 AM
Wait a minute! This is the Primary, not the general election!! The whole point is to vote for who you want in the general election as your candidate for the presidency!

This isn't the general election vote. Someone needs to explain to her that there is no winner or loser in this vote. This is purely a vote of preference.

rfbz
01-06-2008, 01:32 AM
I don't get this logic. It seems that a vote towards a candidate that everyone else is voting for is the wasted vote because it's not as necessary.

shagywashere
01-06-2008, 01:37 AM
If your vote for Ron Paul is a waste, then why even bother voting? If your 1 vote for Ron Paul would be a waste, how would that same vote for someone else not be a waste? The whole logic behind this is....illogical!

DrNoZone
01-06-2008, 09:57 AM

It's always been that way. And any candidate that ignores this fact is a fool.

Sematary
01-06-2008, 10:33 AM

That is, believe it or not, the prevalent way of voting for most Americans. They don't vote for the person who best represents their beliefs - they vote for the guy they think will win. It is a side effect of our hyper competitive society. Everyone wants to be able to say they voted for the guy who won.
Personally, I want to say I voted for the guy who wants to make America win.

qwerty
01-06-2008, 10:38 AM

HOW CAN YOU WASTE A VOTE ?

:rolleyes:

Ball
01-06-2008, 12:25 PM
HOW CAN YOU WASTE A VOTE ?

:rolleyes:

By voting for someone who's going to win anyway?

Eponym_mi
01-06-2008, 12:30 PM
I hope that someone in NH that knows her will call and do some persuading.