PDA

View Full Version : FEAR Tactic

figueir2
01-06-2008, 12:58 AM
I think we should target new converts by underscoring the dystopia that will surely come about if US domestic and foreign policy stays its course. We should emphasize that if the electorate ignore Dr. Paul's message, they do it at their own peril.

I became an unwavering Ron Paul supporter after having watched Aaron Russo's "Freedom to Fascism". I credit this movie to many converts (some of you can confirm this). The documentary paints a scary picture of the present and future of the United States if the erosion of liberties and neglect of constitutional principles continue. *if you haven't seen the documentary, please do*

To put it bluntly, we should scare people into voting for Ron Paul. This may sound like I'm taking a page out of the neo-con playbook, but the dangers that come from ignoring Dr. Paul's principles of liberty are real, unlike exaggerated claims of terrorist sleeper cells and anthrax letters fabricated by the neo-cons.

I have already ordered a couple of the "Freedom to Fascism" DVDs and plan to hand them out around my neighborhood, and then my campus in a few weeks when I return to it. Im still wondering whether I should place some sort of literature in the dvd case, this may put some people off though if I do. Any suggestions?

ZenX
01-06-2008, 01:12 AM
-1 from me. I think to the layman, who many have even referred to us as a "cult" would marginalize us even more at the notion of being called a convert....and for the rest of the stuff. Even if it's true, you don't go from a spoonful of sugar to chewing the tablet overnight.

Enzo
01-06-2008, 01:12 AM
I would argue that your talking about a "concern" tactic more than a Fear tactic.

Because what your talking about requires the use of logic, and a little common sense.

As opposed to the Giuliani style of simply invoking 9/11, flashing images of unrelated Muslims, and crying terrorism.

I totally agree though. Educating people on the reality of war (ie: blood, casualties, suffering, loss of innocent life) and of the nature of the current rape of the US Constitution that is under way... is probably the quickest and most effective way to get people to take notice of Ron Paul.