PDA

View Full Version : "How are you going to pay for it?"

Throwback280s
01-06-2008, 12:53 AM
Message we should send to the campaign. Ron Paul's next debate appearance, he needs to steal the entire night with a simple question to the entire rest of the candidates:

"We know the terrorists have vowed to crush us economically as we did the Soviet Union. We know that our countless overseas military bases and police actions in Iraq and Afghanistan and elsewhere are costing us 100s of billions of dollars a year. And now we see that in order to pay for all this we've resorted to printing money and borrowing money from sworn enemies to the point that our dollar's only worth around 4 cents. On your current path, our dollar can only go down so much further before this all comes to an end...So my question to all the candidates is, if you really want to continue nation building and lavish world police actions, how are ya gonna pay for it? How are you going to pay for it? The American people have the right to finally be leveled with from those who want endless warmongering but at the same time cripple our nation in the same manner the Soviet Union was damaged."

Thoughts? A stirring quote "HOW ARE YA GONNA PAY FOR IT?" with its simplicity and piercing truth could resonate with the American people everywhere. It could be a defining moment where the other candidates are put on the spot and made to look foolish.

malkusm
01-06-2008, 12:59 AM
He needs to say this and sit back and listen to their empty rhetoric.

Then say, yeah but...how are you going to pay for it?

And over and over and over again. They can't. They just can't.

Chris Conyers
01-06-2008, 01:06 AM
I love it, lets get this to the campaign.

DealzOnWheelz
01-06-2008, 01:06 AM
Bump for nationakl exposure

figueir2
01-06-2008, 01:08 AM
This is great. If only Dr. Paul dropped this one last night.

coffeewithchess
01-06-2008, 01:08 AM
This is where a speech coach would make Ron Paul a rock star to the rest of the world...we understand his message, but the masses don't...this would rock the show.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-06-2008, 01:12 AM
Absolutely valid point. Bin Laden and his ilk have stated publicly that their goal is to bleed us dry financially, so aren't these idiots playing right into his hands by launching a 1 trillion dollar war that is literally bankrupting us and killing our currency? These guys are simpletons compared to Ron. Given enough time (and less hyena laughing) he would take them all to school in a lengthy debate. They would be left on the floor in the fetal position.

Chris Conyers
01-06-2008, 01:14 AM
How the @$%# are you going to pay for it??? Don't tase me bro...

malkusm
01-06-2008, 01:16 AM
See here's what I envision.

Dr. Paul: "We spend millions of dollars every day in Iraq, in Afghanistan, we run up a huge budget deficit, so we borrow from the Chinese....then we say, 'Well we're out of money,' so we print more. But the value of the dollar is weaker than ever and if we don't realize that, we'll be bankrupt. So my simple question to the candidates is, if you want to be involved in nation-building and policing the world, how are you going to pay for it?"

Neocon (probably Romney knowing him): "Blah blah blah...but the war is the most important thing facing our society today! We have to stay on the offensive against Muslim extremists! This is a much bigger threat than the falling dollar!"

Dr. Paul: "Well we have different opinions on that. But, are you saying it's ok to run our country bankrupt as long as we're on the offensive? You didn't say how you were going to pay for it."

Just be relentless.

Oh by the way, I wanted to get someone's thoughts on this: Did anyone else think the war issue was a little weak tonight for Dr. Paul? I thought the debate as a whole went well, but Dr. Paul was very unprepared for Giuliani to say "what about the Munich Olympic attacks, what about the bombings in London, etc." He could have simply said something like, "well, I don't see Germany on the offensive right now. Everyone praises President Bush for keeping us safe since 9/11, and credits our being on the offensive - how has Germany stayed safe since Munich without being on the offensive?"

AceNZ
01-06-2008, 01:16 AM
It should also be pointed out more often that last year the war has cost each and every American more than $45000. That's more than the median income of everyone in Texas.

gjdavis60
01-06-2008, 01:40 AM
Bump!

Dr. Paul has 2 primary responses to the Republican position on the war, but he usually reaches for the principle of non-interventionism in the debates. The other response, of course, is that we can't afford this foreign policy, even if they do hate us for our freedom.

And since he always gets hammered when he tries to dispute factors that contribute to the attacks, perhaps next time, he should simply say, "Even if what you say about islamofacism is true, how can we afford to continue to a policy that is costing the American people $xxx million per day? We beat the Soviets by bankrupting them, and now our enemies are doing the same thing to us. Our current foreign policy is not the answer."

LibertyEagle
01-06-2008, 01:41 AM
Message we should send to the campaign. Ron Paul's next debate appearance, he needs to steal the entire night with a simple question to the entire rest of the candidates:

"We know the terrorists have vowed to crush us economically as we did the Soviet Union. We know that our countless overseas military bases and police actions in Iraq and Afghanistan and elsewhere are costing us 100s of billions of dollars a year. And now we see that in order to pay for all this we've resorted to printing money and borrowing money from sworn enemies to the point that our dollar's only worth around 4 cents. On your current path, our dollar can only go down so much further before this all comes to an end...So my question to all the candidates is, if you really want to continue nation building and lavish world police actions, how are ya gonna pay for it? How are you going to pay for it? The American people have the right to finally be leveled with from those who want endless warmongering but at the same time cripple our nation in the same manner the Soviet Union was damaged."

Thoughts? A stirring quote "HOW ARE YA GONNA PAY FOR IT?" with its simplicity and piercing truth could resonate with the American people everywhere. It could be a defining moment where the other candidates are put on the spot and made to look foolish.

Oooh. That's good, Throwback. I like it. A lot. :)

gjdavis60
01-06-2008, 01:44 AM
Perhaps this is a question that needs to be promoted to the media, as well? Let them ask the candidates how they will pay for the war.

Carole
01-06-2008, 01:46 AM
Perfect. I love it!! :D

Throwback280s
01-06-2008, 01:56 AM
If he asked this point blank, just think of the tension and fear these candidates would have. I'd love to hear them snicker out of that.