PDA

View Full Version : ALL of Ron Paul's replies @ ABC/N.H. debate

researchris
01-06-2008, 12:41 AM
Here are ALL of Ron Paul's replies at the ABC/N.H. Republican debate. Due to great conversation between Ron Paul and others, this video is split into 2 parts....

Pt 1 ALL of RON PAUL's replies @ ABC/N.H. debate on 1-05-08
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZ7CRYsoB6E (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZ7CRYsoB6E)

Pt 2 ALL of RON PAUL's replies @ ABC/N.H. debate on 1-05-08
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7paYyU0WrE (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7paYyU0WrE)

AcidReign
01-06-2008, 12:59 AM
So much common sense condensed in such a small amount of time.

Razmear
01-06-2008, 01:38 AM
Thanks for the Vids! Just got back in from missing it on TV. Is there any full copy somewhere?

eb

Liberty Star
01-06-2008, 03:20 AM
Thanks for the links, there are few loud talkers and gigglers there on the table but no one comes even close to RP in having sound views on foreign policy grounded in facts.

The Tao Of Bill
01-06-2008, 03:34 AM
Fred Thompson acted like a complete asshole. He treated Ron Paul like a child. People are smarter than that Fred. It's hard to believe Fred could go lower but I think this debate cost him.

WebFX
01-06-2008, 03:45 AM
Amazing!!!! Amazing!!!!

ThePieSwindler
01-06-2008, 03:54 AM
Are these guys really total idiots?

Ron LOL
01-06-2008, 05:24 AM
Thanks, first debated I've missed, so it's nice to have the YouTube.

I wish RP had been stronger in discussing the "Jihad threat," but he had everybody jumping down his throat, so I can kind of understand why he wasn't able to just swat them down.

I really wish he'd at least cited the 9/11 Commission Report though. Especially when Romney started in about "reading their writings." Romney hasn't read shit, I can guarantee. Same as Giuliani.

PRIEST
01-06-2008, 05:29 AM
THANK you!

lbadragan
01-06-2008, 11:17 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZ7CRYsoB6E

Giuliani: "It seems to me if you don't face this squarely, there's an islamic terrorist threat against us, it's an existential threat. It has nothing to do with our foreign policy. It has to do with their ideas, their theories, the things that they have done in a way that they've perverted their religion into a hatred of us, and what's at stake are the things that are best about us: our freedom of religion, our freedom for women, our right to vote, our free economic system. Our foreign policy is irrelevant. Totally irrelevant. If you read what they write, if you bother to listen to what they say, this comes out of their own perverted thinking.

I conclude that these people are insane. EVERY SINGLE fatwa by Osama Bin Laden is replete with references to our foreign policy and military presence in muslim nations. And Giuliani tells us that if we only bother to listen to what the terrorists say we'll see that he's right. The only reason he can say something as incredible as this is because he knows that he's essentially speaking to the mass American ignorant masses who would rather watch their 5th sporting event this week than look up OBL's fatwas. Yes stupid America, a million civilian deaths resulting from our sanctions against Iraq has nothing to do with their hate for us. Supporting their dictators who in turn torture and kill them has nothing to do with their animosity toward us. Throwing our full support (whether justified or not) behind Israel - the most hated nation by muslims worldwide , has nothing to do with their attacks against us. Or course. :(

Matt Collins
01-06-2008, 11:35 AM
Yes, thanks very much for compiling this!

Mandrik
01-06-2008, 02:15 PM
I love when they say our foreign policy has nothing to do with terrorism. I laughed so hard at this, but when I stopped to think, I was a bit scared. I honestly believe they believe in their statements. That's a scary thought.

joenaab
01-06-2008, 07:41 PM
thanks for putting this together.

weatherbill
01-06-2008, 07:54 PM
RP is rocking it tonight on the TV debate!

Twice, he was able to give a power punch reply to the issues, then went right to the commercial....... this is a great debate and Ron Paul is getting his message across in a big way!

Jeremy
01-06-2008, 08:20 PM
The little respect I had left for some of the other republicans just got A LOT less.

krott5333
01-06-2008, 09:16 PM
WOW.

That was amazing.

MrCobaltBlue
01-06-2008, 09:47 PM
We should start a Pitch-in to send all the other GOP candidates a copy of "Imperial Hubris" and "Blowback", along with a few of Dr. Paul's books.

John E
01-06-2008, 09:49 PM
Thanks for the Vids! Just got back in from missing it on TV. Is there any full copy somewhere?

eb

edit... yes, I'll PM it to you since the links are parsing.
Anyone else wants, drop me a pm.

Voluntaryist
01-07-2008, 01:30 AM

Seriously!!! Sometimes I find it hard to believe that these neocon clowns actually believe what they are saying... And I dont know which is worse, that they would be deliberately lying to us or that they would be sincere in what they say. :eek: :(

Voluntaryist
01-07-2008, 01:34 AM
The little respect I had left for some of the other republicans just got A LOT less.

I know what you mean! After hearing what these other clowns were saying, I found myself despising them in degrees that I didnt even know existed! :mad:

Every other word out of their mouths was "radical jihad" or "islamic extremesim" or "global war on radical islam".

LOOKOUT! The boogeymen are coming to get you!!!!! :rolleyes:

Pedrique
01-07-2008, 01:23 PM
The best evidence for me of why RP is qualified and the other are boobs is the open ended gas prices question at the end.

"Anybody?"

RP raises hand high. "Yeah, I'll take this one."

I can't help but think the others were BEGGING someone else to talk first just so they'd have a reference point for making a semi-smart sounding reply. They wouldn't have had a clue what to say.

Detonator
01-07-2008, 07:32 PM
This was my favorite part of the debate.

President Bush:

BUSH: You can't be the president unless you have a firm set of principles to guide you as you sort through all the problems the world faces.

And I would be very hesitant to support somebody who relied upon opinion polls and focus groups to define a way forward for a president.

It is -- and so, my question, if I were asking questions to people running for office, what are the principles that you will stand on, in good times and bad times? What would be the underpinning of your decisions?

Ron Paul:

PAUL: The president asks a very important question. And we should all come together and we shouldn't have that many disagreements, because we should be bound -- bound by the Constitution.

But the people in this country think we live in an age of relative ethics, is what they have come to the conclusion of.

Sure, profess to believe in the Constitution, but why have we gone to war since World War II without a declaration of war? Why do we have a monetary system that is not designed by the Constitution? Why do we have a welfare state running out of control, not designed by the Constitution?

You can't pay lip service to the Constitution without obeying it.

And we should have peace and prosperity. That should be our goal.

We, in foreign policy, ought to have a golden rule. We ought to treat others as we would want others to treat us. And we don't treat others so fairly. We treat them like we're the bully, that we're the policeman of the world, and we're going to tell them to behave.

PAUL: If we don't -- if they don't listen to us, we bomb them. If they listen to us, we give them more money. And it's bankrupting this country because we don't live up to our principles, the principles that are embedded in our Constitution.
(APPLAUSE)

curiousobserver
01-07-2008, 07:49 PM

you are still contemplating on that?