PDA

View Full Version : The Information Revolution

z7trance
01-06-2008, 12:40 AM
Nothing less.

I had a conversation with a friend of mine today, he's finishing up his political science thesis and he agreed with me on this. This movement, the very one we are all engaged in right now.. no matter what our race, religion or ethnic or national background, is nothing short of a revolution.

Based on what? Based on this: Information.. Self Education.. Critical Thought. The very ideologies that set Dr. Paul apart from the average doctor.. From the average politician. We all could not understand Dr. Paul from a 10 second sound bite without the help of what we're all now using to read this very message. The internet.

We need to stop paying lipservice to this as other politicians pay lipservice to the constitution.. We need to follow Dr. Paul's lead.. No matter what your profession.. No matter what your political affiliation.. We must embrace self-education and critical thought now more than ever or risk losing it forever..

In most of our lifetimes Ron Paul will die, president or not... But his message and his life's work will now live on forever because of his amazing courage.

Never forget.

Scott Friday
01-06-2008, 12:47 AM
To that end, I highly recommend Mises.org (of which I think Dr. Paul was a cofounder) and LewRockwell.com. My self education after getting an engineering degree and a law degree was to read the entire daily article archive at Mises.org. Man... it took me about a year but WOW!! That is a veritable gold mine and it radically transformed how I view many things!! Then I moved onto reading more of the texts available at Mises, like Rothbard's Man, Economy & State with Power and Markets. I'm working on Mises' Human Action. There are a mess of others that I have read online at Mises as well. I like LRC because it is all of the ideas put into action and applied. Both of these sites are incredibly valuable and should be supported. They lay an incredible foundation for the future Ron Pauls to stand upon!

Think12345
01-06-2008, 01:02 AM
Any specific actions proposed?
I had 2 ideas revolving around this topic:

1. A website detailing each and every aspect of the message. The issues page of the campaign website is nice, but we need so much more. We need data, statistics, links, proof, objections debunked, etc. Most importantly we need a clear explanation why RP and Revolution in general is the solution. We need a plan (again, with numbers and stats) that shows the way.

2. We need a networking structure, that will allow us keep in touch without having to spend hours on these forums every day. It's fine during the elections, but we should not stop at this. We need a social networking tool. Check out this thread, I think it's a start: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=77965

3. A small Windows widget working silently in the background, that could call thousands to action within hours. Internet is our domain, let's utilize it to the max.

z7trance
01-06-2008, 02:03 AM
specific action? sure.. what would Ron Paul do at your age?

RonPauledbyYoutube
01-06-2008, 02:16 AM
specific action? sure.. what would Ron Paul at your age?

He would be getting ready to enter the political arena.

It's not enough to get the good Dr. in the White House. This Revolution should be taken to every level of government.

Yes, its always good that the citizenry be prepared to defend the constitution either by politics or by arms.

May I suggest that it is a lot less painfull to take it politically. Everyone in their 30's, 40's and even 50's with Dr. Paul's vision should get involved politically in their city council, county commissioner's court, state legistature, or if po$$ible congress of the federal government, in order to avoid this revolution be taken to another level.

What will happen when Dr. Paul finishes his Precidency??? Are we back to the lesser of two evils crap. We should be readying and educating ourselves about the issues more than ever.

That should avoid us many troubles.

Mark
01-06-2008, 06:29 AM
Any specific actions proposed?
I had 2 ideas revolving around this topic:

1. A website detailing each and every aspect of the message. The issues page of the campaign website is nice, but we need so much more. We need data, statistics, links, proof, objections debunked, etc. Most importantly we need a clear explanation why RP and Revolution in general is the solution. We need a plan (again, with numbers and stats) that shows the way.

2. We need a networking structure, that will allow us keep in touch without having to spend hours on these forums every day. It's fine during the elections, but we should not stop at this. We need a social networking tool. Check out this thread, I think it's a start: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=77965

3. A small Windows widget working silently in the background, that could call thousands to action within hours. Internet is our domain, let's utilize it to the max.

Good idea - I'd like to create a website for specific issues like how Ron's plan to get rid of Social Security would work by the private sector taking over.

Is it time for the grassroots to help support individuals by supplying them a modest income to live on in order to do these large projects full-time in the relatively short time period we have to win the election.?

shasshas
01-06-2008, 06:35 AM
Exactly Qft