PDA

View Full Version : Beta Testers Needed!!! - Social News Network

Politaction
01-06-2008, 12:32 AM
I have converted my blog into a social news network and I need some help testing it out.

Politaction is a social news network, similar to Digg or Reddit, but is directed at news, information, and links to the liberty and freedom revolution.

Will a few people help me test it out?

Screw the "bury brigade" at Digg and the people who use "down voting scripts" on Reddit!!!!

TragicHipster
01-06-2008, 12:43 AM
What's the web site address?

Politaction
01-06-2008, 12:44 AM
http://www.politaction.com

Politaction
01-06-2008, 12:46 AM
I was just wanting a couple of people to help me test the website and it's functions out a little bit before I started to promote it.

see-thru
01-06-2008, 12:47 AM
I don't mind testing it out but I'm a TOTAL newbie. I have never used Digg or Reddit. That said... I suppose if I can figure this out ... anyone can!!!

What do I do?

Email me at: dlharper@hotmail.com

Think12345
01-06-2008, 12:47 AM
I'm in

Think12345
01-06-2008, 12:50 AM
Please create a blog for reporting bugs.
Found bug #1 - when I clicked "vote", it prompted me to log in. After I logged in, my vote was not counted (had to click it again)

Politaction
01-06-2008, 12:59 AM
I don't mind testing it out but I'm a TOTAL newbie. I have never used Digg or Reddit. That said... I suppose if I can figure this out ... anyone can!!!

What do I do?

Email me at: dlharper@hotmail.com

I am a regular user of Digg and Reddit and I decided that Ron Paul supporters, Libertarians, Constitutionalists, etc... needed a niche website for news related to their causes and issues. Unfortunately, I am a complete newbie with running a website such as this one. The software is very new. I am trying my best.

I would like to see if people can register, vote, submit articles, etc... I am still figuring everything out!

If I can work out all of the bugs, figure out the software, find a couple of administrators and moderators, and people that seem interested, I will continue to try to work on the website.

Think12345
01-06-2008, 01:04 AM
I would like to see if people can register, vote, submit articles, etc... I am still figuring everything out!
How do I submit an article?

Politaction
01-06-2008, 01:23 AM
Please create a blog for reporting bugs.
Found bug #1 - when I clicked "vote", it prompted me to log in. After I logged in, my vote was not counted (had to click it again)

Thanks for the advice. I have created a blog to help work out any problems found with the website.

http://politaction.blogspot.com/

Politaction
01-06-2008, 02:51 AM
How do I submit an article?

There should be three buttons popping up labeled: Published News, Upcoming News, and Submit a New Story. They should be just below the chrome/silver navigation bar. Are the buttons popping up?

You should just be able to click on Submit a New Story.

Claire
01-06-2008, 08:28 AM
EXCELLENT!!! We all need to think this way. "Outside the box" takes on a whole new meaning when you realize who owns "the box!"

Claire
01-06-2008, 08:33 AM
Feedback: I just jioned, found two places to fill in registration info. I tried the fields on the left and kept getting error messages that were not accurate (my username must be three letters specifically.) I went to the field at the right and got registered without problems. Good work!

Mark
01-06-2008, 08:45 AM
Didn't work at all when I clicked on the top "Register" icon.

Went through the process and it said EVERYTHING was wrong - and it WAS correct.

Registration Unsuccessful

Registration Unsuccessful Username must be at least 3 characters long

Registration Unsuccessful Your requested username uses invalid characters

Registration Unsuccessful The email address provided is not correct

Registration Unsuccessful Your password must be at least 5 characters long

~~~~~~~~~~~

same thing on the register option on the side of the page. Won't let me do it.