PDA

View Full Version : Enough is Enough.

disciple
01-06-2008, 12:20 AM
This revolution of ours can never make it unless we break the stranglehold of the mainstream media. We need to fight fire with fire, and the time is now. So I say let's have our independent media house that is run by the people for the people, a truly grassroots efforts with a mission. We can pool our resources together and buy our own TV and radio stations. We have the numbers, we have the talents, and we have the drive. This would be a for-profit enterprise, and if, let's say, that the start-up cost is around 100 millions dollars for example, we can set a corporation with ten million shares priced at ten dollars each. Those who can afford it may want to buy a thousand shares, some a hundred, others ten, etc...
Others may contribute time, talents, and efforts, in exchange for issues certificates.

This is not only a must have in order for the revolution to survive and thrive, for can you imagine using it as a platform for all the liberty-minded people, the true patriots, to run for political offices, and thus enabling us to take back this country from the opportunists and the corrupts in the Congress and the Senate and locally. It is also a great and sound business investment that has the potential of growing exponentially and delivering great returns on the initial investment. Besides, we need to compete against and beat Mr Murdoch at his own game as well as against the other sell-outs.

And it does not have to be a twenty-four hours news service, but a mixture of entertainment, sports, educationl, etc..

Now, can you imagine the amount of money that we could have saved by having this powerful tool at our disposal! I believe this is a must; and having been on this site since the very beginning when there were only a dozen of us, I believe there are many capable people amongst us here who proved themselves through their sacrifices, dedicated efforts, and leadership to get this project up and running in no time.

Who 's with me on this? Feel free to add your ideas and thoughts.

transistor
01-06-2008, 12:26 AM
Good in theory, but I have reservations about this idea... there are already new sources out there that aren't dumbed completely down, such as PBS. I think people watch these other stations for the entertainment value... they don't want to learn.

If anything, I think we should continue using the internet as our tool.

disciple
01-06-2008, 12:32 AM
Good in theory, but I have reservations about this idea... there are already new sources out there that aren't dumbed completely down, such as PBS. I think people watch these other stations for the entertainment value... they don't want to learn.

PBS by itself is not sufficient, otherwise Ron Paul would have been in the forefront, and so with the internet. Besides this is a businees endeavor with a great potential for those who choose to take part.

flahavin
01-06-2008, 12:46 AM
If someone can get the FCC to give the waves, its a great idea. But I have a feeling the system is setup so no one but CBS,NBC,ABC,FOX, and PBS have channels. Cable would be a pain, I still don't get the NFL Network, DirecTV is owned by NewsCorp, and DishNetwork won't have anything that DirecTV doesn't have.

disciple
01-06-2008, 12:54 AM
If televangelists can have their own TV Stations, why can't we? I don't understand.

Noleader
01-06-2008, 01:06 AM
If televangelists can have their own TV Stations, why can't we? I don't understand.

Because they get a crapload of donates from folks that think they can buy their way into heaven. We can not raise the kind of funds churchs do... There is a reason they can bury popes with 30K rings and not think twice about it.

RollOn2day
01-06-2008, 01:08 AM
An effort to place OUR TV ads and newspaper ads/inserts on the local level as well as helping to fund strategic first primary states is outlined below.

This is powerful stuff.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=75102

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=71978

disciple
01-06-2008, 01:13 AM
Because they get a crapload of donates from folks that think they can buy their way into heaven. We can not raise the kind of funds churchs do... There is a reason they can bury popes with 30K rings and not think twice about it.

But we have hundred of thousands of enthusiastic members, and those are not donations but investments.

Myerz
01-06-2008, 01:17 AM
An effort to place OUR TV ads and newspaper ads/inserts on the local level as well as helping to fund strategic first primary states is outlined below.

This is powerful stuff.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=75102

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=71978

EXACTLY BUMP THIS THREAD ( THE ONE ABOVE ABOUT THE LOCAL ADS) FOREVER...nevermind, it's a sticky..........BUT IT's a STICKY for a reason.
Honestly though sometimes I forget to look at the stickies. I think remaing at the top of the thread list is better.....shows dominance!

EvoPro
01-06-2008, 01:19 AM

I think an actual national news station could work, but it should be entertaining and noone can own more than a small percent so that it can not be corrupted. So mimic foxnews style entertainment, but have it be libertarian oriented. Constitution for the Win!

Paul4Prez
01-06-2008, 01:28 AM
Just start an Internet TV station, like RonPaulRadio only with video. And tell the truth about what is going on. It doesn't have to cost hundreds of millions, and will grow exponentially.

RollOn2day
01-06-2008, 01:38 AM
Great idea.

However, we have only days to act in the case of placing advertising for primaries through Super Tuesday and slightly more for the rest of the primaries.

We have to use the infrastructure that exsist right now and immediately deploy the commercials and ads that are in the can.

Time is of the essence!

Mark
01-06-2008, 01:43 AM
This revolution of ours can never make it unless we break the stranglehold of the mainstream media. We need to fight fire with fire, and the time is now. So I say let's have our independent media house that is run by the people for the people, a truly grassroots efforts with a mission. We can pool our resources together and buy our own TV and radio stations. We have the numbers, we have the talents, and we have the drive. This would be a for-profit enterprise, and if, let's say, that the start-up cost is around 100 millions dollars for example, we can set a corporation with ten million shares priced at ten dollars each. Those who can afford it may want to buy a thousand shares, some a hundred, others ten, etc...
Others may contribute time, talents, and efforts, in exchange for issues certificates.

This is not only a must have in order for the revolution to survive and thrive, for can you imagine using it as a platform for all the liberty-minded people, the true patriots, to run for political offices, and thus enabling us to take back this country from the opportunists and the corrupts in the Congress and the Senate and locally. It is also a great and sound business investment that has the potential of growing exponentially and delivering great returns on the initial investment. Besides, we need to compete against and beat Mr Murdoch at his own game as well as against the other sell-outs.

And it does not have to be a twenty-four hours news service, but a mixture of entertainment, sports, educationl, etc..

Now, can you imagine the amount of money that we could have saved by having this powerful tool at our disposal! I believe this is a must; and having been on this site since the very beginning when there were only a dozen of us, I believe there are many capable people amongst us here who proved themselves through their sacrifices, dedicated efforts, and leadership to get this project up and running in no time.

Who 's with me on this? Feel free to add your ideas and thoughts.

That's exactly the idea I and others had/have and the beginnings were started in several threads,
but some had the idea of a biased network and went with that in terms of Liberty, Patriot, Libertarian focused news.

I'd like to do a Channel/Network that's simple fair in coverage. honest. Non biased.

I believe to be a legitimate money making endeavor we'd have to be that way instead of focusing on a certain niche like Libertarian issues ect.

I'm in. I know we have the talent and even the financing available if we choose to pursue it.

I bought the domain names: NewPress.tv and NewPressTV.com to use for the company. Motto: "A New Press for a New Millennium"

disciple
01-06-2008, 01:43 AM
Just start an Internet TV station, like RonPaulRadio only with video. And tell the truth about what is going on. It doesn't have to cost hundreds of millions, and will grow exponentially.

The internet is limited in its scope. We need to reach the deceived and brainwashed masses and educate them.

disciple
01-06-2008, 01:44 AM
That's exactly the idea I and others had/have and the beginnings were started in several threads,
but some had the idea of a biased network and went with that in terms of Liberty, Patriot. Libertarian focused news.

I'd like to do a Channel/Network that's simple fair in coverage. honest. Non biased.

I believe to be a legitimate money making endeavor we'd have to be that way instead of focusing on a certain niche like Libertarian issues ect.

I'm in. I know we have the talent and even the financing available if we choose to pursue it.

That's exactly how I envision it.

disciple
01-06-2008, 01:49 AM
Great idea.

However, we have only days to act in the case of placing advertising for primaries through Super Tuesday and slightly more for the rest of the primaries.

We have to use the infrastructure that exsist right now and immediately deploy the commercials and ads that are in the can.

Time is of the essence!

I am with you; this is not a one-month project, but it is a must if the Revolution were to ever survive. I mean humanity at large is in peril.

Mark
01-06-2008, 02:22 AM
I am with you; this is not a one-month project, but it is a must if the Revolution were to ever survive. I mean humanity at large is in peril.

That's the way I envision it.

As you've said, obviously this isn't a one month project, it's long term.

Plus, if Ron's in this for the duration, we'll have several months to get something going before Nov 08.

Mark
01-06-2008, 02:25 AM
Here's a thread I started about it before several players went in another direction towards Libertarian focused news.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=58817

It includes links to the threads that the idea was discussed in beforehand - several people we're interested in getting it going.

liberty_Forever
01-06-2008, 02:27 AM
Yeah, we have the internet. A good alternative would be to start a grassroots news site as alternative to Google News.

Mark
01-06-2008, 02:44 AM
Yeah, we have the internet. A good alternative would be to start a grassroots news site as alternative to Google News.

I've even had the idea of "re-working" news stories that exclude Ron or have him in a less-than-ideal light.

Kind of like using the story as an outline to start with, and re-writing it in a fair manner.

I've got an google news RSS feed with lots of stories everyday, but most are biased against Ron.

It wouldn't take much to use the info they found and change the story into a new one positive or non biased towards Ron.

I need a job, I'd do it as a start to this type of idea if I could get $200/week give or take to cover rent and cheap food for the duration.

I already work way overtime for nothing on campaign ideas/webpages - I can live on the cheap - but not for nothing.

Think anyone would be interested in helping me out? It could even be a tax deductible contribution to my Church, and I could provide the pastor (me) with the normal things a church provides a pastor like room and board ect.

I'd have to keep doing Church things, but, fair coverage isn't promoting a specific candidate so I'd remain within 501(c)3 guidelines for non profits.

40 people giving $5/week would cover it and you can extrapolate from there.

Mark
01-06-2008, 06:30 AM
bump for new news