PDA

View Full Version : What is with the homepage of RonPaul2008.com

joshuainmn
07-18-2007, 01:54 PM
Why is there the youtube video at the top, and the google one at the bottom?

Here is my thinking...

Google is a far better known name than youtube. Both are popular, but Google... cmon.
The Youtube video is not the best video in the world. The google video however is clean, well produced, and has an audience.
The google video is longer, more awesome, and has better dialogue.
The youtube questions, although with substance, really didn't do anything for me.

I know the value of this campaign is in it's grass roots approach, but this is a little too sloppy for me.

What do you think?

And don't say it doesn't matter. Subtle changes in web layout and presentation could make the difference between Ron getting a donation, and losing one. Speaking of that, what happened to the big "donate now" in the bottom right of the page?

Kuldebar
07-18-2007, 01:56 PM
The Google video is in the showcase box, previously there were pictures of Reagan and Paul there.

Also keep in mind that new arrivals to the site are not likely to watch an hour long video right off the bat, they will more likely watch a short YouTube clip though.

LibertyEagle
07-18-2007, 01:58 PM
I would prefer if the Google HQ event was at the top, because it is a bigger, better event to showcase, but I don't consider this a show-killer.

If we're itching to DO SOMETHING that will really matter, print out some campaign literature and go hand them out!

JoshLowry
07-18-2007, 02:03 PM
I think the majority of people have very short attention spans when surfing the net.

The CitizenTube video at the top is much shorter and is like a teaser so to speak.

In my opinion it is best how it currently is, although I do agree that the Candidates@Google interview is a much better in depth video. Most new people looking briefly at his platform/website are not going to watch a 65 minute video unless they specifically set the time out for it.

Razmear
07-18-2007, 02:34 PM
Looking at the recent makeover of their MySpace page, I think we'll see a new site design soon for ronpaul2008.com. At least I hope so.

eb

Joe Knows
07-18-2007, 02:42 PM
Anybody familiar with Pimp My Profile? I was wondering if there is a way to get a Ron Paul Homepage on My Space.

Roxi
07-18-2007, 02:57 PM
Anybody familiar with Pimp My Profile? I was wondering if there is a way to get a Ron Paul Homepage on My Space.

you can use a profile generator and customize the background graphics with anything you like

heres the one i use

http://www.freecodesource.com/pages/myspacegenerators/myspace_layout_editor/layout-editor/index.php

Bro.Butch
07-18-2007, 03:12 PM
I would prefer if the Google HQ event was at the top, because it is a bigger, better event to showcase, but I don't consider this a show-killer.

If we're itching to DO SOMETHING that will really matter, print out some campaign literature and go hand them out!

AMEN ! Only 200 days until Tsunami Tuesday, Brouchures & road signs is what we need to place this summer and autumn...!!!

joshuainmn
07-18-2007, 10:34 PM
AMEN ! Only 200 days until Tsunami Tuesday, Brouchures & road signs is what we need to place this summer and autumn...!!!

Do something? I won't discourage paper flyers, but they reach at most a few hundred people, and one internet post or blog article reaches thousands. A hit article on Digg reaches more people and spreads a message farther than even commercials on most cable TV networks.

If the Ron Paul website is getting as many visitors as I think it is... probably hundreds or thousands an hour, making sure it's operating at it's highest effectiveness is crucial.

Sematary
07-18-2007, 10:37 PM

THAT'S what I'm talkin' about!

ThePieSwindler
07-18-2007, 10:39 PM
Do something? I won't discourage paper flyers, but they reach at most a few hundred people, and one internet post or blog article reaches thousands. A hit article on Digg reaches more people and spreads a message farther than even commercials on most cable TV networks.

If the Ron Paul website is getting as many visitors as I think it is... probably hundreds or thousands an hour, making sure it's operating at it's highest effectiveness is crucial.

Yeah but the digg market is already saturated with Ron Paul. Other markets are not. The point is spreading the message to NEW regions, not supersaturating old ones.

ghemminger
07-18-2007, 11:45 PM
Rally at a busy intersection...and the truth about Ron Paul will hit you in the face......90% of the masses do not know about Ron Paul.....

Seriously...I had a matrix moment today...blue collar,overtaxed,overburdened , underpaid masses....is what I saw.....these are the people we need to awaken to Ron Pauls message.....by the way....

The masses are asleep right now or working a second shift...they aren't on the net....they are enslaved, supporting the monetary elite and military powerstructure.....