PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul DESTROYED this debate!

TwiLeXia
01-06-2008, 12:14 AM
I just got back from a ski trip, and was elated to watch the youtube videos of Ron Paul. He simply dominated. All the attention was clearly focused on him, everyone else was like "wtf what do we do with this guy..."

Dr. Paul was on the mark on about almost every single question, I do wish he could have talked more about the oil prices though, and the fact that a free market would not only allow oil to go down, but also lead to newer sources of energy.

Finally, at the end, in the 10 candidate "hugfest," there was one clear impression: No one on that stage wanted to be around Dr. Paul. No one tried to hug him (at least not when the camera showed) and when Dr. Paul talked to Richardson, Bill frickin RICHARDSON tried to ignore him and almost had a sort of scowl on his face.

It is clear who is the only anti-establishment candidate on-stage, and will truly protect the American interests. I believe that this debate will translate into a ton of votes in New Hampshire, and even spark a sort of Ron Paul "rising" in media attention, sort of like the huckaboom after Nov. 30.

NerveShocker
01-06-2008, 12:16 AM
Agreed. The debate was amazing.. he silenced them on several occasions and got the only applause all night.

seanc7nyc
01-06-2008, 12:17 AM
I agree. Just watched it on Tivo. Great job!

Devil_rules_in_extremes
It is clear who is the only anti-establishment candidate on-stage, and will truly protect the American interests.

I agree.

chiplitfam
I agree. He is contageous.

Freiheit
01-06-2008, 12:19 AM
They may get the Ron Paul fever if they get too close.

911cartoon
01-06-2008, 12:21 AM
people may complain about performance etc.. but the fact is that this is SURREAL.. this guy Ron Paul is actually on ABC !!! telling his views... so many people are gonna look into him.. would you have EVER predicted he would get this far? ! freedom is UNSTOPPABLE

Knightskye
01-06-2008, 12:23 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZ7CRYsoB6E

Lmao. Did you hear McCain snort around 4:48?

Sey.Naci
01-06-2008, 12:25 AM
When I see him standing off by himself like that, rebuffed, alone but steadfast, I just wanna squeeze him to death (well, not quite that far!) Suspect there were people, likely more women, in that audience who would have noticed this body language and dynamic too and responded to it in a similar fashion.

Drknows
01-06-2008, 12:26 AM
i agree!! I was thinking the same thing when he was standing next to Richardson at the end i wanted to see if Obama would hang with him NOPE he stood by mitt.

Noleader
01-06-2008, 12:26 AM
Looks like Hucks Grassroots thinks Dr. Paul did great as well... they have a thread asking how what people thought of the debate and it is named: "Who won the NH debate-List from 1st to worst and exclude RP." Only reason I can think they would want to exclude him is because they don't want anyone in their grassroots to place Paul over Huck :D

angrydragon
01-06-2008, 12:28 AM
Dr. Paul got an applause, none of the other gop candidates did.

yongrel
01-06-2008, 12:28 AM
I dunno about destroyed, but he did very well.

flahavin
01-06-2008, 12:30 AM
They may get the Ron Paul fever if they get too close.

I think Huckabee is getting the fever.

PatriotG
01-06-2008, 12:31 AM
Finally, at the end, in the 10 candidate "hugfest," there was one clear impression: No one on that stage wanted to be around Dr. Paul. No one tried to hug him (at least not when the camera showed) and when Dr. Paul talked to Richardson, Bill frickin RICHARDSON tried to ignore him and almost had a sort of scowl on his face.

You are so right about this. It was interesting, and frightening at the same time.
for a very short instance, Doc Paul is standing off to the side by himself.
They react to him as if he were a friggin leper.

Romney, everyday that passes I loathe him more, he comes off like the nightmare politician from hell. How people could even consider this man for president is mind boggling.
McCain laughing like an ass while Ron speaks, very respectful and professional Mr. McCain.

Everyday that passes now im more convinced of how screwed this nation is.
We the people have let government spiral out of control.

Sorry Just Venting.....

Devil_rules_in_extremes
01-06-2008, 12:32 AM

I clapped myself when I heard that in the audience. It feels really good to support Ron Paul.

freedomforall
01-06-2008, 12:33 AM
I'm as excited as the next guy, but we have to realize that as important as this is, it is our job to truly spread the word. Ron Paul is a practical savior, and when he speaks it is incredible, but if we truly want the movement to move on to the next level with Paul for the Republican ticket, then we must spread the message. It is neither in his personality nor is it part of his campaign to boasts about himself and his accomplishments. That is our job. Ron Paul only got to speak a couple of times in this debate as he sat quietly through the politics as usual. He spoke well when he was presented with the opportunity, but in such a short time, there was no way that he would actually express all of his beliefs. We have the capacity in each of ourselves to argue the beliefs that we stand for and make this Revolution heard throughout the country. This is a cause for us all. Let's treat it accordingly. Let's each take ownership of the campaign and treat the beliefs as our own when we talk politics, and let's talk politics a lot.

jstmike
01-06-2008, 12:33 AM
The more I listened to the other candidates the more I realized that our country is screwed without Ron. I knew that before but I really haven't heard both the democrats and republicans together give their positions. It was really scary actually hearing them talk about more military, more troops, bigger government, national id, national healthcare, controlling Pakistan and so on.

freedomforall
01-06-2008, 12:37 AM
Hearing Clinton talk about how we should control Pakistan just gave me more insight into her imperialistic agenda.

Devil_rules_in_extremes
01-06-2008, 12:39 AM
Hearing Clinton talk about how we should control Pakistan just gave me more insight into her imperialistic agenda.

I thought the Democrats sounded just like the Republicans. (Except RP of course)

madRazor
01-06-2008, 12:39 AM

I had some ladies in the room babbling during the thing, what did he get the applause for???

Ron Paul Fan
01-06-2008, 12:40 AM
I had some ladies in the room babbling during the thing, what did he get the applause for???

For telling people to obey the Constitution and not just pay lip service to it.

kill the banks
01-06-2008, 12:42 AM
You are so right about this. It was interesting, and frightening at the same time.
for a very short instance, Doc Paul is standing off to the side by himself.
They react to him as if he were a friggin leper.

Romney, everyday that passes I loathe him more, he comes off like the nightmare politician from hell. How people could even consider this man for president is mind boggling.
McCain laughing like an ass while Ron speaks, very respectful and professional Mr. McCain.

Everyday that passes now im more convinced of how screwed this nation is.
We the people have let government spiral out of control.

Sorry Just Venting.....

that's alright ... i did some neocon venting myself ... aren't they lovable 1st
strike guys ... every kid should read their manuel

kill the banks
;)

Cam
01-06-2008, 12:44 AM
The more I listened to the other candidates the more I realized that our country is screwed without Ron. I knew that before but I really haven't heard both the democrats and republicans together give their positions. It was really scary actually hearing them talk about more military, more troops, bigger government, national id, national healthcare, controlling Pakistan and so on.

I agree . . . The militaristic fervor of these candidates will lead us into a fascist state. Unfortunately, many innocent civilians will die over-seas because these types are smart bomb happy. Blowback is a bitch.

B9vot3r
01-06-2008, 12:45 AM
Lmao. Did you hear McCain snort around 4:48?

lol that was hilarious! having a snorting president is almost as rediculous as having a president singing "bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb iran". oh wait its the same guy

shadowhooch
01-06-2008, 12:46 AM
I just watched it on You Tube.....(thanks).

1) Ron Paul did very well. Maybe laid on the monetary policy a little too thick. But all in all, he did good.

2) I now completely despise all of the other Republican candidates. They are completely clueless and have no knowledge or respect. They are a disgusting group of people - especially that fucker Mitt Romney. He had this smug grin on his stupid ass face the whole time. I wanted to smack it right off and cuss him out. What a vile group of candidates. It makes me want to puke at the thought of any one of them leading our nation. :mad:

Oh, and Rudy Guiliani? Yes, he REALLY IS a facist. God help us if he does well.

freedomforall
01-06-2008, 12:47 AM
Agreed.

madRazor
01-06-2008, 12:47 AM
For telling people to obey the Constitution and not just pay lip service to it.

Awesome, that was belt-high 85 mph right down the middle, and I'm happy RP got into it.

wildflower
01-06-2008, 12:49 AM
I just watched it on You Tube.....(thanks).

1) Ron Paul did very well. Maybe laid on the monetary policy a little too thick. But all in all, he did good.

2) I now completely despise all of the other Republican candidates. They are completely clueless and have no knowledge or respect. They are a disgusting group of people - especially that fucker Mitt Romney. He had this smug grin on his stupid ass face the whole time. I wanted to smack it right off and cuss him out. What a vile group of candidates. It makes me want to puke at the thought of any one of them leading our nation. :mad:

Oh, and Rudy Guiliani? Yes, he REALLY IS a facist. God help us if he does well.

Yeah, it definitely made me dislike all the rest more than ever, and made me love Dr. Paul more. :D

Steve4RP
01-06-2008, 12:57 AM
I thought RP presented well and pressed his points on the issues. He has been muted in past debates and I think really stepped up more in this forum.

dave_mack33
01-06-2008, 01:07 AM
Monetary policy....

Is actually the best thing he could have repeated. GWB should have lost the debates against Kerry. Kerry did extremely well but it was GWB that had a very simple answer that he used over and over and over. Repetition sells. And by Ron mentioning money repeatedly to a group of citizens who worry about the economy was an excellent move. Then he also tied in the other concerns, i.e. war/immigration/healthcare, and how it all impacts the economy and therefore directly affects people's wallets.

Brilliant move. :D

RonPaulFTW08
01-06-2008, 01:18 AM
He did a great job. Could have been a lot more assertive but he's a patient guy.