PDA

View Full Version : Guys, we have the power to get the Christian vote, but we're lazy.

Benaiah
01-06-2008, 12:07 AM
We could easily get every church in any state aware of Ron Paul, if a few hundred of us would get off our lazy forum-surfing butts and make a few phone calls. All you do is google "Baptist Church South Carolina," or, "Presbyterian Church South Carolina."

40,000 results come up for Baptist in South Carolina alone. I've been calling churches and leaving a simple message like "hi, I'm just calling because I'm a fellow believer and I want to make you aware that there is a candidate who is running for office who will end abortion immediately. Please take 10 minutes and go to RonPaul2008.com and look for abortion under his 'issues' tab to learn more."

You can burn through hundreds of numbers in a week by doing this. If somebody answers and it's late at night, just say "sorry, wrong number" and move on. Please don't post "this is dumb because of separation of church and state" as an excuse for your laziness. I've been to over 20 churches in the past 4 months and we find ways to get around the politics/tax law to discuss politics, heck, most of them don't give a darn about it-- the government will never silence them from saying what they think is right.

If you're not religious, then you have no idea how effective this is. Converting a single pastor or preacher leads to dozens upon dozens of new converts. The latest one that I'm working on is a politically active pastor of a 1,500 member church.

Please read this thread for more details:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=38914

Mahkato
01-06-2008, 12:39 AM
Sounds pretty good.

RobS
01-06-2008, 12:51 AM
bump

Benaiah
01-06-2008, 12:53 AM
Anyone here know the guys in LA who are running Operation Call 4 Paul (the group we just gave 37 grand to)???

They should do google searches for every church in SC and add those numbers into their calls. They could do every church in two days.

kushaze
01-06-2008, 12:56 AM
I think the Christian vote is going to be big in South Carolina. We can't let Huckabee win again.

Chris Conyers
01-06-2008, 12:58 AM
7 Reasons Ron Paul is the Christian's Choice
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=53492

Ron Paul's Statement of Faith
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/articles/87/statement-of-faith/

Dave Pedersen
01-06-2008, 01:03 AM
Christians want two things: fewer abortions and a candidate who will not humiliate them down the road. Huckabee is not trustworthy and they need to know that beyond a doubt.

They also need to be comfortable with Ron Paul's idea about leaving abortions laws to the individual states.

I don't think leaving Iraq is a problem for them. It is about abortion. To them it is 50 million babies being murdered. They see God witnessing this carnage and they want no part of it. Everything else pales in comparison.

The reason Christianity thrusts itself into the political arena so forcefully is because of the abortion issue.

RonPauledbyYoutube
01-06-2008, 01:11 AM
Christians want two things: fewer abortions and a candidate who will not humiliate them down the road. Huckabee is not trustworthy and they need to know that beyond a doubt.

Christians want only one thing: someone who will promote their religion from the Oval Office. Sad but true. It seems to me that Churchianity is more interested in government driven Christ than in a Christ driven government.

Unfortunately, Huckabee is a religious zealot, and Dr. Paul would never do that; hence, doesn't appeal to many religious pawns, only to open minded freethinkers christians like us.

Despite, never hurts to try to change controlled minds.

Benaiah
01-06-2008, 01:12 AM

They also need to be comfortable with Ron Paul's idea about leaving abortions laws to the individual states.

I don't think leaving Iraq is a problem for them. It is about abortion. To them it is 50 million babies being murdered. They see God witnessing this carnage and they want no part of it. Everything else pales in comparison.

The reason Christianity thrusts itself into the political arena so forcefully is because of the abortion issue.

I couldn't agree with you more. If I'm talking to somebody, I go in depth and explain to them why it's better to get the matter into the state's hands. However, when I leave messages, I just play the numbers game leave as many messages as I can, on as many machines as I can. I just pique their interest, so that they will get on his website. Paul now has videos of him talking under the issues tabs, all people have to do is hear Paul talk and they get hooked.

wildflower
01-06-2008, 01:17 AM
I think that tonight's debate will be great for bringing in Christians who may be undecided. Dr. Paul clearly stood out as the one with integrity and honesty, he spoke about the golden rule (a principle from Jesus) and all the others came across as your typical phony politicians.

He may not announce himself as the 'christian' candidate, like Huckabee tries to do, but I can see it in him, and I think others will too. (I hope I'm right about that!)

Original_Intent
01-06-2008, 01:19 AM
I am sure having a few of our more aggressive atheist friends belittling Christianity, comments about invisible sky gods and Flying Spaghetti Monsters of the Pastaferians has done a world of good when Christian folks come here to have a look at Ron Paul.

Ron Paul is a Christian. You all certainly have a right to whatever beliefs you have. But the Christian bashing that goes on here - by very few but also very vocal people - there is no way that is helping the campaign and is almost certainly hurting it.

Joe3113
01-06-2008, 01:21 AM
The problem is when anything like this is actually mentioned people bump the thread and dont actually do anything

Grandson of Liberty
01-06-2008, 01:21 AM
Christians want only one thing: someone who will promote their religion from the Oval Office.

Dude, give me a break.

The first step to winning over Christians is to stop generalizing about Christians.

Are there Christians who want that? Probably.
Are there Christians who don't? Obviously.

We get mad when the media puts words in Ron Paul's mouth. Let's not generalize the position of an entire group of people.

Like the good doctor says, we have to treat people as individuals.

Ethek
01-06-2008, 01:23 AM
7 Reasons Ron Paul is the Christian's Choice
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=53492

Ron Paul's Statement of Faith
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/articles/87/statement-of-faith/

Thats the thread I was looking for! (first one)

I have a Siminary school and an 8,000 member mega church in my KY co. I'm hoping to walk these into the admin offices sometime this week.

Benaiah
01-06-2008, 01:28 AM
The problem is when anything like this is actually mentioned people bump the thread and dont actually do anything

I've been calling churches for weeks.

Indy Vidual
01-06-2008, 01:29 AM
We could easily get every church in any state aware of Ron Paul, if a few hundred of us would get off our lazy forum-surfing butts and make a few phone calls. All you do is google "Baptist Church South Carolina," or, "Presbyterian Church South Carolina."

40,000 results come up for Baptist in South Carolina alone. I've been calling churches and leaving a simple message like "hi, I'm just calling because I'm a fellow believer and I want to make you aware that there is a candidate who is running for office who will end abortion immediately. Please take 10 minutes and go to RonPaul2008.com and look for abortion under his 'issues' tab to learn more."

You can burn through hundreds of numbers in a week by doing this. If somebody answers and it's late at night, just say "sorry, wrong number" and move on. Please don't post "this is dumb because of separation of church and state" as an excuse for your laziness. I've been to over 20 churches in the past 4 months and we find ways to get around the politics/tax law to discuss politics, heck, most of them don't give a darn about it-- the government will never silence them from saying what they think is right.

If you're not religious, then you have no idea how effective this is. Converting a single pastor or preacher leads to dozens upon dozens of new converts. The latest one that I'm working on is a politically active pastor of a 1,500 member church.

Please read this thread for more details:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=38914

1) Ron Paul would not end abortion immediately.
2) Remember, we need to remain honest, and get more women's votes.

I think that tonight's debate will be great for bringing in Christians who may be undecided. Dr. Paul clearly stood out as the one with integrity and honesty, he spoke about the golden rule (a principle from Jesus) and all the others came across as your typical phony politicians.

He may not announce himself as the 'christian' candidate, like Huckabee tries to do, but I can see it in him, and I think others will too. (I hope I'm right about that!)

+1
For integrity and honesty :)

iella
01-06-2008, 01:30 AM
In addition to making phone calls, perhaps we could organize some kind of letter-writing effort. If we printed out copies of Dr. Paul's statement of faith, then attached a simple typed or handwritten note along the lines of the spiel in the OP and mailed it to all the churches in our area, I'm sure we could get some people curious enough to look into the issues themselves. Addresses should be easy to look up, and postage is only $0.41.

Joe3113
01-06-2008, 01:30 AM
I've been calling churches for weeks.

Great :D ...... i meant MOST people :)

Benaiah
01-06-2008, 01:35 AM
Christians want only one thing: someone who will promote their religion from the Oval Office. Sad but true. It seems to me that Churchianity is more interested in government driven Christ than in a Christ driven government.

Unfortunately, Huckabee is a religious zealot, and Dr. Paul would never do that; hence, doesn't appeal to many religious pawns, only to open minded freethinkers Christians like us.

With all due respect-- and contrary to what the MSM have you believe-- that is not what many Christians want. Dr Paul being elected would be the best thing to happen to Christianity since the founding of our country-- they just need to hear about him.

Christians love homeschooling, the Founding Fathers, the Constitution, state's rights, guns, and a man who is honest and not a whoremonger.

I go to churches that are "more Christian" than you would believe-- churches that are "KJ onlyist," take the Bible literal, women wear dresses & don't cut their hair, don't drink or smoke, don't cuss.. oh, and we go door-to-door proselytizing and home school our kids. I've been to over 20 of these churches in the past 4 months and 90% of the people I tell about Paul, get hooked on him.

In my opinion, it's best to ignore the gigantic non-denominational-uber-mega churches, and go after the smaller fundamental ones. The smaller fundamental churches almost always look to God/church/Christians to solve problems, not the government. That is why I've had HUGE success converting Christians to Paul.

AggieforPaul
01-06-2008, 01:37 AM
An online acquaintance of mine who lives in San Antonio said her entire MeetUp group is focusing hard on the churches. She's agnostic, but she realizes how crucial the Christian vote is. I'd encourage all of you to help.

RonPauledbyYoutube
01-06-2008, 01:38 AM
Christians want only one thing: somone who will promote their religion from the Oval Office. Sad but true. It seems to me that Churchianity is more interested in government driven Christ than in a Christ driven government.

Unfortunately, Huckabee is a religious zealot, and Dr. Paul would never do that; hence, doesn't appeal to many religious pawns, only to open minded freethinkers christians like us.

Dude, give me a break.

The first step to winning over Christians is to stop generalizing about Christians.

Are there Christians who want that? Probably.
Are there Christians who don't? Obviously.

We get mad when the media puts words in Ron Paul's mouth. Let's not generalize the position of an entire group of people.

Like the good doctor says, we have to treat people as individuals.

Bro, we also get mad at the media for taking our good Dr. out of context.

The reality of the matter is that the majority of christians are controlled by the big man in the pulpit and/or nationally known christian figures, and these people almost make it an obligation for the President of the US to promote their views (which many times are biblical). There is a minority of christians (like us) that understand the Constitutional position on religion and embrace it since it promotes personal faith not governmental mandated faith.

I am not generalizing. I'm only saying that most, not all, most christians only consider what their leaders say. And that most leaders have a corrupted perception of the President's role in religion. Leaders are more interested in government driven Christ rather than in a Christ driven government.

LibertyEagle
01-06-2008, 01:38 AM
I am sure having a few of our more aggressive atheist friends belittling Christianity, comments about invisible sky gods and Flying Spaghetti Monsters of the Pastaferians has done a world of good when Christian folks come here to have a look at Ron Paul.

Ron Paul is a Christian. You all certainly have a right to whatever beliefs you have. But the Christian bashing that goes on here - by very few but also very vocal people - there is no way that is helping the campaign and is almost certainly hurting it.

QFT

AggieforPaul
01-06-2008, 01:42 AM
I am sure having a few of our more aggressive atheist friends belittling Christianity, comments about invisible sky gods and Flying Spaghetti Monsters of the Pastaferians has done a world of good when Christian folks come here to have a look at Ron Paul. Ron Paul is a Christian. You all certainly have a right to whatever beliefs you have. But the Christian bashing that goes on here - by very few but also very vocal people - there is no way that is helping the campaign and is almost certainly hurting it.

This.

RonPauledbyYoutube
01-06-2008, 01:48 AM
Don't get me wrong, by no means am I discouraging you to try, I'm just saying that you have to come up with a strategy where it puts the doctor in good light with them. For example, we would need to talk about his personal beliefs on abortion before explaining that it's the state's responsibility. The same on many other issues christians are passionate about that the states should legislate not the federal government.

Benaiah
01-06-2008, 01:57 AM
//

enjoiskaterguy
01-06-2008, 02:02 AM
one problem.....you would be LYING if you said Ron Paul wants to end abortion Immediately....He would have no executive powers to do so. Ron Paul has stated that this issue should be at a more local level, or state level and not have any federal involvement whatsoever.

RonPauledbyYoutube
01-06-2008, 02:03 AM
I like to leave short messages that gets their attention, instead of long messages that go on and on. I just introduce myself as a fellow believer, then give them a point or two. Instead of explaining the whole abortion thing, you can just say that Ron Paul would overturn Roe v Wade and direct them to the website.

I'm telling you... when Christians see videos of Paul (more than a sound bite that he's normally allowed to get in) they are immediately hooked.

I hear you, so long as they get to the website, I'm pretty sure they will be impressed and of course, educated.

Xepa
01-06-2008, 02:08 AM
I'm Christian and a Paul supporter :)

Got my buddies in my high school to support him.

ionlyknowy
01-06-2008, 02:16 AM
Put all of the above in an infomercial then air it in all 50 states. This should win the Christian vote back to us.

1. Explain contitution, bill of rights etc.
2. Explain why we need to protect it
3. Explain the patriot act and what it does to the constitution
4. Explain how easy the laws can be used in future admins to target Churches.
5. Explain how EVERY other candidate voted on the patriot act.

Done and done. We win.

But for the infomercials to be effective, you must advertise these infomercials, people have to know they are there. If a buzz is created around the country about them, then they will work perfectly.

RonPauledbyYoutube
01-06-2008, 02:31 AM
Put all of the above in an infomercial then air it in all 50 states. This should win the Christian vote back to us.

1. Explain contitution, bill of rights etc.
2. Explain why we need to protect it
3. Explain the patriot act and what it does to the constitution
4. Explain how easy the laws can be used in future admins to target Churches.
5. Explain how EVERY other candidate voted on the patriot act.

Done and done. We win.

But for the infomercials to be effective, you must advertise these infomercials, people have to know they are there. If a buzz is created around the country about them, then they will work perfectly.

Yeap, the only negative part of it is that we would be criticized for fearmongering on #4.

But the big idea is to educate sheep (I meant that spiritually & politically ) about the constitution/bill of rights. Light will shine when they hear about life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

Of course, we've got to put the good Dr.'s signature on it.

wildflower
01-06-2008, 02:34 AM
I've been wanting to make a Ron Paul video, for a while now... but I still need a good idea.

Maybe I should do a video aimed at Christians, about why he should be their choice this election.

If anyone has some good ideas, by all means let me know, because I really want to get started with a video.

(I'm going to pray about it too, and hopefully get some inspiration.) :)

Benaiah
01-06-2008, 02:39 AM
I've been wanting to make a Ron Paul video, for a while now... but I still need a good idea.

Maybe I should do a video aimed at Christians, about why he should be their choice this election.

If anyone has some good ideas, by all means let me know, because I really want to get started with a video.

You just gave me an idea. Somebody could make a video proclaiming that "I'm a Christian and I support Ron Paul." Make it short and sweet (2 mins or less) and give a few reasons why, then invite other Christians to make a video response as to why they support Ron Paul. We then try to get hundreds of Christians to make video responses to that one video, all saying why they support Ron Paul. If everyone on this forum would always watch/rate/comment on all the responses, we could try to get lots of them on the most discussed list and stir up some controversy.

Man from La Mancha
01-06-2008, 02:42 AM
Great idea and I think if cars are tagged with Ron Paul stuff in church parking lots it would turn the tide, but most Christians are sheep and follow blindly their pastors that are heavily influenced by the Zionists.

bucfish
01-06-2008, 02:47 AM
Yeah The churches ARE important. Paul is the TRUE Christian with his Anti War Message. He is PRO LIFE BUT REMEMBER HE WANTS TO GIVE THAT POWER BACK TO THE STATES instead of OUR tax dollars paying for abortions. I believe in responsibilty and those that get pregnant have no excuse to take my TAX money to get an abortion.

wildflower
01-06-2008, 02:47 AM
You just gave me an idea. Somebody could make a video proclaiming that "I'm a Christian and I support Ron Paul." Make it short and sweet (2 mins or less) and give a few reasons why, then invite other Christians to make a video response as to why they support Ron Paul. We then try to get hundreds of Christians to make video responses to that one video, all saying why they support Ron Paul. If everyone on this forum would always watch/rate/comment on all the responses, we could try to get lots of them on the most discussed list and stir up some controversy.

That's an excellent idea! Thank you! Definitely a good way to get the word out and it would be fantastic if it catches on.

The only problem is, I don't have a video camera. Hmm, maybe i could use my digital camera for a very short video. Or put something together without a video of myself, but just text, maybe.

yay, now i'm getting excited about doing this! :D

Benaiah
01-06-2008, 02:51 AM
//

wildflower
01-06-2008, 02:55 AM
I don't think that many people on this forum will help us view/rate/comment on them. But if nobody else makes a video to get it started, I'll try and do one after Church tomorrow.

Why do you say that? I think people here are good about viewing/rating/commenting on RP videos.

I'm just wondering how many Christians would do this, if we can get it going. I'll start working on this tomorrow. PM me if you have any other ideas, but so far I think it sounds great. :)

RonPauledbyYoutube
01-06-2008, 02:59 AM

Wildflower, many Americans know that we have a constitution, perhaps mentioned once in highschool then if lucky again in college, but have no ideal what it represents. Some have this vague idea that the constitution is God inspired and that the republican party is the sanhedrin that understands it and that the president is the high priest that is subject to it.

My idea for a while has been to do a short educational video about the constitution beginning with "we have been endowed by OUR CREATOR with certain unalienable rights", "LIFE, LIBERTY, and THE PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS". Followed by a video with Dr. Paul's comment on it (I guess linking it to the abortion issue). I then briefly list our God given rights as listed in the constitution (only those you can match a video to) followed by a clip of Dr. Paul's position.

I think it would be a good intro to the Revolution to many christians and non-christians alike. From there, they can google Ron Paul and find a treasure of videos.

wildflower
01-06-2008, 03:04 AM
^ That's sounds good too, you should do that! I agree that that would be good for all people, not just christians.

(I realize that just the other day I said we should spend less time online and more time canvassing... but at the moment, i'm not in the US, so the best way for me to spend my spare time is using the internet and videos to inform people)

rs3515
01-06-2008, 02:54 PM
We completed a mass e-mail campaign to 150,000 conservative Christians and Christian leaders throughout November and December. Overwhelming response to Huckabee. Feel free to use the links below if you find them helpful.

http://www.rp-supporters.com/support.html
http://www.rp-supporters.com/compare.html

politicsNproverbs
01-08-2008, 03:04 PM

By all means, please do start with this scripture...

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge!!!!! - Hosea 4:6

:D

Then send them to the internet for more info. :)