PDA

View Full Version : Good news for Ron Paul

smtwngrl
07-18-2007, 01:34 PM
On the news last night, they talked about the distribution of persons who identify themselves as Democrats, Republicans, and Third Party or Independent.

Now 36% say they are Democrats, 32% Republican, and 31.8% Third Party or Independent. They said the Third Party number was up 14% from six months ago.

This sort of goes along with the article not long ago that said that membership in the Libertarian party is up 18% in the last two months.

Think about the implications for Ron Paul's campaign--especially since he has multi-party support.

LibertyEagle
07-18-2007, 01:38 PM
Yes, except we need a large number of those people not to be moving away from the Republican party, but back TO it, so they can vote in the Republican primary.

If we don't win the primary, it's all over.

smtwngrl
07-18-2007, 01:41 PM
Umm, that isn't numbers of registered voters, just those who identify themselves with a particular party/philosophy. A Democrat or Libertarian is likely to identify themselves as such, even if they are planning to register Republican to vote for Ron Paul.

Sematary
07-18-2007, 02:59 PM
Umm, that isn't numbers of registered voters, just those who identify themselves with a particular party/philosophy. A Democrat or Libertarian is likely to identify themselves as such, even if they are planning to register Republican to vote for Ron Paul.

That makes sense. I identify myself as a llibertarian even though I was always an independent and recently became a Republican to vote for RP

I wonder if there are any numbers out there on how many Republicans there were/are?

smtwngrl
07-18-2007, 03:27 PM
Good question....though I think that info would be more informative closer to the election.