PDA

View Full Version : ABC Debate is crucial

JPFromTally
07-18-2007, 01:27 PM
I think when we love a candidate as much as we do we tend to get a little bit personal when he is not properly included in much of the election talk. However, I think this attitude in the MSM is not just about Dr. Paul but also the other "lower tier" candidates.

It seems like the MSM is hell-bent on keeping this a Clinton, Obama, Edwards vs. Ghooliani, Thompson, Romney election. Maybe they are trying to keep it simple for themselves, who knows?

It's funny how the MSM works to shove candidates down our throats. For example, at this time last year I didn't know Obama existed. So how did he get to be so popular? Three words: Oprah; 60 Minutes.

A lot more people will watch the ABC debates than the cable news debates. I think it will pre-empt the regular programming. Dr. Paul absolutely has to shine and plug the website in order to get people to hear his message.

When you get down to it this is all SALES. And in sales, having a good product is just half the equation. Enough people have to learn of the product for it to really, really take off.

IF RP GETS TO 10% POLLING I THINK THE MSM COVERAGE WILL CHANGE.

Lord Xar
07-18-2007, 01:30 PM
All I know is he start getting tough on ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION per his "issues stance". He has a B+ rating for it and those others are abysmal, like a D or D- (tancredo has an A+), so he better start pushing that agenda ELSE others will latch onto 'johnny come lately' because MSM will promote their demogoguery even though their voting records show otherwise... my point being.. if he doesn't get recognized with a strong illegal immigration stance (remember, we are talking ILLEGAL immigration) he will loose alot of steam others are using it to pickup......

Dave
07-18-2007, 01:45 PM
The debate will be at 8 in the morning CDT on a Sunday live on This Week with GS. This is kind of unusual so I don't know what that will mean for an audience. Maybe it will be tape-delayed in the west? Otherwise they will have to get up WAY early to watch.

It's still an opportunity to shine and it's based in Des Moines so this is all good for us leading up to Ames.

Syren123
07-18-2007, 01:50 PM
All I know is he start getting tough on ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION per his "issues stance". He has a B+ rating for it and those others are abysmal, like a D or D- (tancredo has an A+), so he better start pushing that agenda ELSE others will latch onto 'johnny come lately' because MSM will promote their demogoguery even though their voting records show otherwise... my point being.. if he doesn't get recognized with a strong illegal immigration stance (remember, we are talking ILLEGAL immigration) he will loose alot of steam others are using it to pickup......

This is kind of misleading.
Ron Paul's stand on illegal immigration is clear and unwavering. No amnesty, remove the welfare magnet that attracts illegals, maintain a strong sovereign border. He's definitely not a johnny come lately on that.

The way numbersusa and alipac calculate their voting report cards don't take into account Dr Paul's NUMBER ONE requisite for voting: is it allowed in the Constitution. If not, he votes no. Depending on the legislation, that can make his report card look BAD even though his overall position on illegal immigration is good.

Wyurm
07-18-2007, 02:19 PM

Yeah but tancredo got an A+ by voting for the Real ID act. Those report card sites give a horrible perspective. For example, if someone votes against the current defence bill it will make them look poor on supporting the military, however, its going to have an immigration bill hidden in it. You really can't win with those sites, in fact if you vote for someone with an A+ rating it usually means they voted for something horrible (i.e. the real ID act)

WannaBfree
07-18-2007, 02:45 PM
IF RP GETS TO 10% POLLING I THINK THE MSM COVERAGE WILL CHANGE.

I'm not as optismistic, considering who owns MSM. I think someone like RP is a real threat to them, and the people behind them. I think they would rather have one of theirs in office.

Original_Intent
07-18-2007, 02:48 PM
I think most GOP leadership would secretly want Clinton/Obama over Ron Paul...and I am not joking.

j650
07-18-2007, 02:59 PM
I think most GOP leadership would secretly want Clinton/Obama over Ron Paul...and I am not joking.

Yeah, I think so too. Didn't Republicans redistrict his district to make it harder to beat a Democrat when he ran for reelection in Congress a couple years ago? To Ron Paul's credit, he's never even been seriously challenged since.

Therion
07-18-2007, 04:03 PM
Yeah, I think so too. Didn't Republicans redistrict his district to make it harder to beat a Democrat when he ran for reelection in Congress a couple years ago? To Ron Paul's credit, he's never even been seriously challenged since.

IIRC they actually funded the democrats running against him.