PDA

View Full Version : An Open Letter to Dr. Ron Paul...

Highstreet
01-05-2008, 11:32 PM
Honorable Dr. Paul,

Now is the time to lead! We need you to shine in New Hampshire. Tomorrow as Fox excludes you, you will have a spotlight shined on you. We need you to take advantage of this.

We need you to give the most inspirational speech you have ever given. Something in the vein of your "Neoconned" speech before Congress, but more in the spirit of Reagan's A Time For Choosing! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHoOfcFM33c&feature=related) speech. Simply, because this is a time for choosing. A time for choosing between Corporate and Grassroots. A time for choosing between a "Nanny State Foreign Policy" and a Strong Foreign Policy. A time for choosing between a Weak Dollar and a Strong Dollar. A time for choosing between a Nanny State Domestic Policy and a Responsible Domestic Policy. A time for choosing between Increasing Government Control and Increasing We the People's Control. A time for choosing between Increasing Government Rights and Increasing Civil Rights. A time for choosing between Government Healthcare and Healthcare Choice. A time for choosing between Fascism and Freedom.

I know it is not your favored format. However, the people need to be inspired to vote for you. They need to see your leadership ability to have confidence in you. They need to hear your clear and present VISION, because that is what feeds the Hope you offer.

We the People need to hear your Clear and Present Vision. The Hopeful Vision you offer. We already know the problems this country faces. We need to see the Future you offer as the Solution. You need to Paint that Vision in Our minds' Eye.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you,
Jeff Chapin
Ohio

Devil_rules_in_extremes
01-05-2008, 11:33 PM
Go Ron Go!

Ron2Win
01-05-2008, 11:34 PM
I agree, there needs to be an awesome speech by him.

wfd40
01-05-2008, 11:35 PM
Could not agree more.. which is why I am driving to NH to hopefully hear said speech.

Seriously, if Dr. Paul gives an "off-the-cuff" speech, I might just cry...

Think12345
01-05-2008, 11:36 PM
I'd sign that

ronpaulyourmom
01-05-2008, 11:36 PM
Yes please, it's time for a presidential moment and a vision of hope in a sea of gutter bs from the rest of em.

Meiun
01-05-2008, 11:38 PM
AGREED! Define that Vision! Liberty, Peace, and Prosperity through adherence to the Constitution.

wfd40
01-05-2008, 11:39 PM
IT NEEDS TO BE WRITTEN DOWN AND DELIVERED.. either by simply reading the speech on paper.. or using those expensive transparent teleprompter...

HQ.. IS THIS TOO MUCH TO ASK???

Paul4Prez
01-05-2008, 11:45 PM
It needs to be YouTubed, too -- so everyone in America can see it, and show it to their children and grandchildren decades from now, to show them when the tide turned back in the direction of liberty.

Think12345
01-05-2008, 11:46 PM
bump

traitorist
01-05-2008, 11:51 PM
yes, it is time!

Think12345
01-05-2008, 11:55 PM
Care to draft a "Message from Grassroots" that we ask him to relate to voters?

Highstreet
01-06-2008, 12:04 AM
Care to draft a "Message from Grassroots" that we ask him to relate to voters?

I will email this to HQ and his Myspace coordinator. If anyone here talks to HQ, please get this into their hands. If anyone has an account over at Lewrockwell and Daily Paul, please post this.

I could write more if they will use it. However, I think Dr. Paul already has this voice in his head. He knows these inspirational words because he mentions Reagan and Goldwater often as his own inspiration. He just needs to do it. We have had plenty of the "off the cuff" speeches. We need an Inspirational one. We need a Vision. We need it written out and delivered better than any of those 4000 babies.

Highstreet
01-06-2008, 12:43 AM
Bump

Meekus
01-06-2008, 12:50 AM
I couldn't agree more!

rfbz
01-06-2008, 12:52 AM
he should give a 2 hour speech and include a history lesson and answer all the comments during today's debate

dawnbt
01-06-2008, 12:55 AM
Honorable Dr. Paul,

Now is the time to lead! We need you to shine in New Hampshire. Tomorrow as Fox excludes you, you will have a spotlight shined on you. We need you to take advantage of this.

We need you to give the most inspirational speech you have ever given. Something in the vein of your "Neoconned" speech before Congress, but more in the spirit of Reagan's A Time For Choosing! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHoOfcFM33c&feature=related) speech. Simply, because this is a time for choosing. A time for choosing between Corporate and Grassroots. A time for choosing between a "Nanny State Foreign Policy" and a Strong Foreign Policy. A time for choosing between a Weak Dollar and a Strong Dollar. A time for choosing between a Nanny State Domestic Policy and a Responsible Domestic Policy. A time for choosing between Increasing Government Control and Increasing We the People's Control. A time for choosing between Increasing Government Rights and Increasing Civil Rights. A time for choosing between Government Healthcare and Healthcare Choice. A time for choosing between Fascism and Freedom.

I know it is not your favored format. However, the people need to be inspired to vote for you. They need to see your leadership ability to have confidence in you. They need to hear your clear and present VISION, because that is what feeds the Hope you offer.

We the People need to hear your Clear and Present Vision. The Hopeful Vision you offer. We already know the problems this country faces. We need to see the Future you offer as the Solution. You need to Paint that Vision in Our minds' Eye.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you,
Jeff Chapin
Ohio

Can I get an Amen!

purplechoe
01-06-2008, 12:57 AM
Lew Rockwell would be perfect in helping Ron write a memorable speech. Is there time?

Highstreet
01-06-2008, 03:17 AM
Lew Rockwell would be perfect in helping Ron write a memorable speech. Is there time?

I would think anything can be practiced a couple times and put on a teleprompter.

kill the banks
01-06-2008, 03:30 AM
Can I get an Amen!

amen

kill the banks

Ball
01-06-2008, 12:43 PM
+1

Highstreet
01-06-2008, 11:12 PM

The NH Town hall was good, despite not being webcast live.

But I still think he needs to give at least one or two of these type of speeches. Maybe one on Foreign policy, and one on the Economy.

Anyone know anyone over at HQ and LewRockwell? Pass it along.

jason43
01-07-2008, 09:41 AM
The NH Town hall was good, despite not being webcast live.

But I still think he needs to give at least one or two of these type of speeches. Maybe one on Foreign policy, and one on the Economy.

He could do one that encompasses both... his foreign policy views are directly related to his foreign policy views, he could start out with foreign policy and make a transition into deficit spending, deflation of currency, and tie it together with a civil liberties ending.

Thats my take.

I listen to that "Time for Choosing" speech every month or so and get teary eyed for what could have been. I wish Goldwater (or Reagan) had been elected then...