PDA

View Full Version : Update: Ron Paul Won

Meiun
01-05-2008, 11:28 PM
Okay, earlier there was a post showing the line up of winner to loser of the debate.

I argued the point that Huckabee won due to his willing exclusion from heated discussion; that his passive folksy answers took the hot air out of the room.

I live on the west coast so I got to see this a second time shortly after the dems started...

RON PAUL Won Big TIME! I say that because of how he was treated by the moderator. How the other candidates CANDIDLY pointed out the differences Ron had to their own views, and how he handled their bantor toward him... exceptional! Always on topic! He was quick to the point and didn't linger on retorts, but pressed the issues.

I think THIS approach will work much better in NH than Huck's approach. Iowa folks needed to be talked down to. NH folks want the hard truth, and let them sort out the facts.

Indy Vidual
01-05-2008, 11:30 PM
It was a good debate, and I thought Ron performed great.

ARealConservative
01-05-2008, 11:30 PM
I'm sick of this anti Iowa attitude.

I need talked down too?

NocturnalC
01-05-2008, 11:32 PM

I need talked down too?

I guess you can be proud to be a part of a respectable minority in Iowa.

Meiun
01-05-2008, 11:34 PM

I need talked down too?

My apologies... I worded that wrong. What I mean is that Huckabee is a southern baptist minister who went on to be a governor of Arkansas. His ability to speak in the political arena is not divorced from his ability behind the pulpit. It's an accomodating tone, not confrontive. New Hampshire folks like the direct confrontation. I did not mean it as condescending; again, my apologies to Iowa.

ARealConservative
01-05-2008, 11:34 PM
I guess you can be proud to be a part of a respectable minority in Iowa.

Unless we pick it up fast, only a couple states will top the 10% Iowa pulled off.

You familiar with the electoral college?

Blaming Iowa or Iowans for what has happened to this country is ignorant.

Paul4Prez
01-05-2008, 11:37 PM
I think Ron Paul nailed it. He was treated like a serious contender, and he delivered. He was the only candidate on the stage analyzing the root causes of the problems facing America, and the only candidate on the stage prescribing a new, more sensible course of treatment.

If anyone in New Hampshire is worried about the war, the economy, illegal immigration, health care, or Constitutional principles, as I suspect they are, Ron Paul stood head and shoulders above the other candidates, in seriousness of purpose, depth of analysis, and in suggesting practical solutions.

My full take here:

http://paul4prez.blogspot.com/2008/01/ron-paul-shines-in-new-hampshire-debate.html

RSLudlum
01-05-2008, 11:38 PM
From what i've seen of the clips, i loved the fact that Paul was so enthusiastic waving his hand to answer the question about the price of oil while it looked like the others were trying to hide behind their podiums.

Soccrmastr
01-05-2008, 11:38 PM
LOL at ARealConserveative getting fed up with everyone pissed at Iowans! Hey dude, Ron Paul supporters cannot be grouped when someone on this forums says "Iowans" lol.

Mark Rushmore
01-05-2008, 11:39 PM

Re-read the posts in this thread, think about where this 'blame' is really coming from, and let it go.

NocturnalC
01-05-2008, 11:44 PM
Unless we pick it up fast, only a couple states will top the 10% Iowa pulled off.

You familiar with the electoral college?

I'm aware of the electoral college. Some states we're going to be handicapped due to the GOP's early registration strategy to combat Ron's ever-growing eye-opening message. You and the 10% of Iowa should be proud and you gave us a good launching pad for the rest of the states coming up.

wildflower
01-05-2008, 11:57 PM
I just watched it a second time too. (the first time I saw it online, and I missed a few minutes of it)

And now seeing it a 2nd time, I think Ron Paul did much better than I had previously thought.

The others came across as arrogant and rude, and status-quo typical politicians. But Paul stood out as the one with true character, integrity, intelligence, and the only one willing to speak out against the status quo with the truth, something that I think a lot of people have been looking for in a leader, for so long.

To me, the difference was so apparent, and I hope that other people - new people and undecideds- will see it too, because I really think most people want true change from the direction we're heading in.

GO RON!!! :D